Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The only problem imo with Aries' title reign has been the lack of one babyface opponent for him to have a sustained feud with. It should have been Shelley but they decided to bring him back late and only have a month long feud. So my question is if you could bring one guy in from the Indies who falls into the X Division bracket to have a sustained feud with Aries who would you pick?

I'd go for El Generico, he would be massively over as a babyface allowing Aries to be a total heel which I think he is better at. The crowd would really get behind Generico and I'm sure he could make the company a lot of money through merchandising if they sold masks as well as t shirts. Most importantly though I'm sure these guys could have brilliant matches together and really bring value back to the x division title.

Other guys I'd consider would be PAC, Aero Star, KENTA and Low Ki

·
You are being watched
5,683 Posts
Well Aries is more of a face now so he needs heel opponents if anything, surely? Why not reintroduce Douglas Williams? He's a hate-able guy just because of how smug and pompous he is, and the matches would be great as well. Run that until Slammiversary, have Aries then go through Daniels and Kazarian and then build towards the dream Aries/AJ match at BFG.

Right there you have 5-6 months of X-Division feuding, providing good matches, storylines and a huge match at the biggest PPV of the year and thats without even introducing anybody in to the mix. Whilst all of this is going on, you could introduce somebody and gradually build them up to take the belt off of Aries/AJ at Lockdown 2013, but thats too far away at the moment. But you wouldn't even have to do that, you could run with the Aries/AJ fued until Lockdown anyway with a turn from either man.

You don't need to bring anybody in when you have a locker room full of guys who can step up to the plate - make use of what you've got, so to speak.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
They need to unify the X title, which doesn't need a weight limit, with the TV title to create an XTV title. Styles can take the belt from Aries, after a heated feud is started between them. Then the title HAS to become the focal point of the company once again.

Kenny Omega
Prince Devitt
El Generico
Jack Evans

Those guys could be introduced as part of Open Fight Night.

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
Petey and Pac would be terrible pick ups as neither has charisma. Petey Williams has slightly improved but is still terrible and PAC is a vanilla midget. PAC does some cool stuff in the ring, but TNA is in the entertainment business and not the super serious Davey Richards wrestling business. If TNA are going to bring in some guys: Generico, Ki, Evans, London, T. Hart, and Kendrick would all be excellent pick ups. You want someone who doesn't talk much but has sweet gear and knows how to be a face through just the use of his body lanuage: Aerostar.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts

Under OVW contract I believe (not sonjay of course...)

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well Aries is more of a face now so he needs heel opponents if anything, surely? Why not reintroduce Douglas Williams? He's a hate-able guy just because of how smug and pompous he is, and the matches would be great as well. Run that until Slammiversary, have Aries then go through Daniels and Kazarian and then build towards the dream Aries/AJ match at BFG.

Right there you have 5-6 months of X-Division feuding, providing good matches, storylines and a huge match at the biggest PPV of the year and thats without even introducing anybody in to the mix. Whilst all of this is going on, you could introduce somebody and gradually build them up to take the belt off of Aries/AJ at Lockdown 2013, but thats too far away at the moment. But you wouldn't even have to do that, you could run with the Aries/AJ fued until Lockdown anyway with a turn from either man.

You don't need to bring anybody in when you have a locker room full of guys who can step up to the plate - make use of what you've got, so to speak.
I see what you're saying the thing is he only really turned face because of the fact the only guys he could feud with were heels, which is why he has been unable to have that one great rival to give him a prolonged feud

They couldn't have kept it in house because except for Shelley there have been no faces for him to feud with, Williams could have been turned face but he falls above the weight limit they have imposed on the division so technically wouldn't have been able to compete for the title. The division desperately needs rebuilding and I think the only way to do this is by bringing in a new face for him to feud with whilst people like Nese, Ion, Sorrenson are built up the championship level

·
Banned
367 Posts
I don't care about these indie wrestlers. I only watch TNA. I want to see AJ vs Aries and I want it to be the main event. This would show the world how much the X-division matters. And I'd like to see AJ win the title. Aries go on to the main event scene.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
I don't care about these indie wrestlers. I only watch TNA. I want to see AJ vs Aries and I want it to be the main event. This would show the world how much the X-division matters. And I'd like to see AJ win the title. Aries go on to the main event scene.
Both of those guys were top indie legends.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
aries vs a heel aj for the x division title would be the shit.

id do the match at slammy.

its just a friendly match to see who is the best x division wrestler. aj loses, shakes aries hand, but also starts losing confidence.

bring in truth martini, talks to aj about "the truth". aj thinks nothing of it at 1st.
he then has a match on impact where hes losing but wins by dirty tactics.

aj wants another match with aries at destination x. aj beats aries for the title and embraces truth as his new manager.

ladder match at bfg where aj retains. aries moves on to upper card fueds (anderson, angle, roode) aj fueds with new x division star
el generico.

didnt mean to go all btb but this is the fued that should happen for the x division title.

also think tna should bring in el generico. he would be over as hell and could be their mysterio.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
AJ vs AA might be the destination X main event.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts

·
Comin' at you like a double-fisted kangaroo
21,054 Posts
And if they weren't in TNA, I wouldn't have had any interest in them.
But doesn't that prove that if they get in TNA and they click then they would work in the X-Division, or TNA in general?

And they blew a chance for a good feud with Shelley, a short feud with AJ or Daniels while they build up someone new to take it from Aries so he can move up wouldn't be bad.

·
Premium Member
44,329 Posts
The X Division could definitely use some freshening up. Hopefully they get some guys for the X Division through the Open Fight Night idea.

·
Banned
4,096 Posts
aj is the only possible guy that matches the criteria im afraid

i want aj to put this guy over then at bfg unify the belts with Roode because tna have made it clear that going outside of ovw's roster is not an option

shame dat

1 - 20 of 29 Posts