Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering why a one count result in a disqualification? It was in the tag team match between Alberto del Rio and CM Punk versus R-Truth and Mike Mizanin. Alberto del Rio has left the ring leaving CM Punk to fight on his own. Then R-Truth and Mike Mizanin double team CM Punk for a moment and the referee yells no. He then starts to count to... one, and then the bell sounds. So my question is: Has the rules for a disqualification been changed so you now get disqualified by a one count? Or what happend since R-Truth and Mike Mizanin got disqualified by a one count?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I was just wondering why a one count result in a disqualification? It was in the tag team match between Alberto del Rio and CM Punk versus R-Truth and Mike Mizanin. Alberto del Rio has left the ring leaving CM Punk to fight on his own. Then R-Truth and Mike Mizanin double team CM Punk for a moment and the referee yells no. He then starts to count to... one, and then the bell sounds. So my question is: Has the rules for a disqualification been changed so you now get disqualified by a one count? Or what happend since R-Truth and Mike Mizanin got disqualified by a one count?
No rule changes, just a miscommunication from the ref to the time keeper. They obviously already knew the outcome of the match, and bobblehead made a pointing gesture when he went to count to 1, so the time keeper thought he already called the DQ. They just rolled with it.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think the WWE employees screw up alot. It is all of them. Then WWE superstars or referees or commentators or others, they all screw up alot. I so often find something and then it gets the reasoning as being someone screwed up.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I think the WWE employees screw up alot. It is all of them. Then WWE superstars or referees or commentators or others, they all screw up alot. I so often find something and then it gets the reasoning as being someone screwed up.
Not going to defend WWE staff to the death, but the amount of times they make a technical mistake on a show that is LIVE every week, as opposed to the times that everything runs smooth, is a pretty small percentage. Its alot easier to point out a mistake then it is to point out when they did something right. I give the tech crew a lot of credit for doing what they do every week with no way to edit it.

As far as commentators, talking unscripted for two straight hours? I wouldn't expect them to not trip up every once in a while. Now Booker T and him perpetually calling moves the wrong thing is just a whole different topic.

·
Premium Member
3,187 Posts

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Just wanna give you rep for putting spoiler tags about a show that was two days old (three days in some areas).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts