Wrestling Forum banner

The most improvement would come from

• The firing of one or more people from WWE (Vince, Dunn, Reigns, writers, management, etc.)

Votes: 34 33.0%
  • A new megastar of Hogan, Austin and Rock level being present

Votes: 10 9.7%
  • One or more rival promotions rising up and having sufficient funding

Votes: 52 50.5%
  • Other

Votes: 7 6.8%
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Banned
4,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the many problems that the wrestling business has, it's hard to pinpoint one specific problem that's the cause of it being in shreds. Well, that's because it isn't just one problem. But say you had the power to cause an action or event realistically and wrestling wise to improve to state exponentially what would it be?

Some choices are above but certainly aren't limited to these.

·
Premium Member
14,516 Posts
The rise of a new fed that has the financial backing to compete with the WWE.

·
Walking with the reapers and following the buzzard
785 Posts
I agree with the rise of a new fed. Wrangling the company back into private control and eliminating the public shareholders wouldn't hurt either.

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
New federation. True competition would force the WWE to do what people want or respond to, rather than what they want.

New star would make no difference - they could have had that with Bryan, but won't make the push for it. They could do that with anyone.

·
From parts unknown
23,273 Posts
Acknowledging and promoting that Wrestling is Wrestling and not some weird ass carnival era circus side-show / "variety" show.

·
Breaking kayfabe to get over.
1,377 Posts
I think a combination of true competition for WWE as well as WWE treating their product as a serious competition where winning titles is the main goal. As JR had said a lot on his podcast, WWE needs to realize they ARE wrestling and embrace it.

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
For me it would be to get rid of that third freaking hour for RAW, 3 hours a for a show is hard to write for any TV show let alone a Wrestling show and you just end up with so much filler content that the fans get uninterested and just don't want to sit through 3 hours just have something good happen for 5 minutes. One of the reasons NXT works is because it's only an hour so when the show ends it leaves the fans wanting more. I would say more competition but there's so much out there that is steadily growing like NJPW and Lucha Underground, will they ever get big enough to compete with WWE, who knows, but right now WWE is the face of wrestling in my opinion so we need to try and get that improved first in order for the entire industry to improve.

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
I don't think competition will change the product too much.The emergence and popularity of UFC certainly didn't do much. Vince and co. are clearly set in their ways, and until they are removed from their positions and replaced with compitent people, the product will continue in its current state.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Competition might make them serve the fans better, but considering the intelligence of wrestling fans today, that wouldn't necessarily make the show better.

It would bring opportunities, like the 2nd choice following it, but internal competition is enough for that. So I chose the 1st choice.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
I don't think competition will change the product too much.The emergence and popularity of UFC certainly didn't do much. Vince and co. are clearly set in their ways, and until they are removed from their positions and replaced with compitent people, the product will continue in its current state.
I don't know if Vince has ever truly seen UFC as his competition. They certainly have never competed with each other in the way WWF and WCW competed with each other.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
I may be wrong, because I don't watch UFC, but I don't see the comparison between WWE and UFC; the former is an entertainment wrestling show, the latter a fighting show.

·
Currently booking tonight’s card...
HBK ⚜️ SAINTS ⚜️ CSRO
2,734 Posts
The wrestling fans need WWE to have real competition again. Maybe Ted Turner still could get an "itch" all the sudden to touch wrestling again... buy TNA or ROH or something like that lol.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
-New rich owner buys TNA or RoH.

-Says "Vince we're gonna compete with you!"

-Signs mega names and pits them against each other (AJ Styles, CM Punk, Samoa Joe, Bobby Lashley).

-Takes one of the WWE main eventers (like a Seth Rollins or Daniel Bryan).

Boom. The business is back on.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Vince McMahon dies. The same week some billionaire announces he is taking over TNA or ROH or starts a new wrestling company and signs a big name like John Cena.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts