Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
6,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What I meant to say was once Zach Ryder stops this whole "What about me act" does anyone else think he could now make a name for himself with a serious heel turn? Seriously, he has gotten over mildly well for a jobber who is rarely on television on Monday Nights, and he gets a pop that is strong for the character he has. By no means am I on the Zach Ryder bandwagon, but a solid unexpected heel turn could really put this man over.

He has such that likable quality about him, and it's like people feel sorry for him, but not in such a way that they could care less for him. Fans appreciate the underdog, and I think that may hold true for the casuals as well. His character is up to date, quirky, and in touch with the internet crowd. Ryder turning heel I feel could turn heads in the WWE very quickly if done properly. Meaning lose the Woo-Woo-Woo, the purple attire, the fucking sunglasses, and the cheap hair cut (you're going bald Mr. Ryder). Start by growing a beard, changing your attire to something less kiddish, and finding some real entrance music that doesn't make a 13 year old girl soil in her pants every time she hears that song.

I think Ryder nailed this gimmick that he has right now to make a strong heel turn look really good. When a character is over the way he is, and uses a gimmick like he has it can deliver the opposite very well, and I think Zach is in need of a real heel turn. Being on television as what he is now is working to a certain extent, but it has worked towards making him a credible heel should he turn his back on those fans that help pick him up from mediocrity. The fans will feel like they made Ryder, and turning his back on them would make them hate him more than ever. That's all I got on this matter.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
A heel turn would be a disaster anytime soon. Ryder is building momentum right now, and the WWE finally seems to be going about it the right way. There isn't some rule that states that everyone needs to turn heel (he just turned face anyway), nor is it a rule that everyone makes a better heel (even if it often looks that way).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts