Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
SGT. AT ARMS
18,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
- As we have noted, Brock Lesnar negotiated a unique contract for his WWE return as he will be allowed to wear sponsors on his trunks and the t-shirts he wears each week. A source reports that Lesnar insisted this be part of the deal. He is the first performer Vince McMahon has ever allowed contractually to do so.
- It’s said that with the success of WrestleMania 28 coming out this past week, the chances of a rematch between John Cena and The Rock at WrestleMania 29 have increased. As of this week, WrestleMania 29 is scheduled to be headlined by The Rock vs. either Cena or Brock Lesnar.
Several factors will play into that decision, mainly where Lesnar stands at the end of this year, if he’s better for business over Cena and more. WWE officials are reportedly unsure of Lesnar’s future and how hot he will be come next January. While they originally wanted to have the WrestleMania 29 main event announced by now, word now is that it won’t be decided on until around November of this year.
Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter
God so if Lesnar's not around then its for sure gonna be Rock vs Cena 2, ok what happened to once in a life time match? whats even gonna make it worse is Cena will no doubt win and its kinda obvious no way he loses 2 times to Rock. I just pray its Rock vs Brock, just keep Cena vs Rock for that one time only to make it special, besides they're first match wasn't anything great. We don't need the same main event for Mania 2 years in a row.

·
I know, it's been a while.
3,272 Posts
Your looking at things wrong.
You don't look at it from a writers point of view, like you knew that it wasn't really going to be, just one match.

Look at it from a fans view, who views wrestling as real.

It was supposed to be once in a lifetime, but Cena won't let it drop that he lost. (Or whatever storyline they go down)
And they end up facing off again, - Major Shock.

People critice things far to easily.
Just enjoy it.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I'm not easily offended but I won't lie. I would be very upset if they change their mind about once in a lifetime.

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
There are plenty of other guys on the roster that should be getting that spot, how does someone like Bryan,Punk,Sheamus get that spot main eventing if they are announcing the Wrestlemania 1 or 2 years in advance.

·
Registered
21,621 Posts
Was it not already completely obvious that the match wasn't once in a lifetime? That was just the tag line, they're obviously going to do the rematch and probably a 3rd match too.

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
:lmao

People actually took the "Once in a lifetime" thing seriously? Is this your first time watching WWE? They've been going back against their word for years.

But seriously though, I hope nobody is gullible enough to think the franchise of the company isn't going to get his win back.

·
Banned
7,681 Posts
I really have no desire to see Rock/Cena II.

But it made them a shit ton of money, so they might do it. But I still think it'll be Lesnar.

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
What WWE meant to say was, it was once in a lifetime that the Rock and Cena would be facing each other for the first time.

WM29 is also once in a lifetime that Rock and Cena will have their first rematch.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
No offense, but anyone who believed the ''once in a lifetime'' tagline is not only gullible, but simply isn't paying attention.

Think about this: when did WWE suddenly begin using that tagline? Think back. They'd never mentioned it once, then all of a sudden it was all over the screen every single time they mentioned the match.

Oh, that's right: they started saying it right when rumors began to swirl of a Rock/Cena trilogy. To try to squash those rumors, they started promoting it as a 'never before, never again' kind of situation.

Come on, guys. Marketing 101.

1 - 20 of 140 Posts