Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was organizing wrestlers by type when I realized something about Cena, if you take a look a look at his finishers you will see:

1) his Attitude Adjustment is a power finisher
2) his 5 Knuckle Shuffle could be used as an aerial finisher
3) his STF is a submission finisher

This makes Cena one of the most diverse wrestlers in the business. So what he does not have the 5 or 6 different weapons that Samoa Joe or William Regal has, he is still able to wrestle in any type of gimmick match thrown at him. You cannot say that about a lot of the mid carders who are strictly submission, aerial or power. Imagine a submission wrestler in a ladder match or an aerial wrestler in an "I quit" match. Does not give much interest, yet Cena is well rounded enough to do it all. Anything from gruesome hardcore to technical chaining.

·
Registered
11,840 Posts
I was organizing wrestlers by type when I realized something about Cena, if you take a look a look at his finishers you will see:

This makes Cena one of the most diverse wrestlers in the business. So what he does not have the 5 or 6 different weapons that Samoa Joe or William Regal has, he is still able to wrestle in any type of gimmick match thrown at him. You cannot say that about a lot of the mid carders who are strictly submission, aerial or power. Imagine a submission wrestler in a ladder match or an aerial wrestler in an "I quit" match. Does not give much interest, yet Cena is well rounded enough to do it all. Anything from gruesome hardcore to technical chaining.
i've been saying this for years

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
for years, eh? considering how long he has been around... since before he debuted?
wtf? he's been in the WWE for eight freaking years, it will be nine in a couple weeks, pretty sure the saying "for years" fits......geez. fpalm

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Cena is a lot better than people give him credit for, and I think his moveset is actually a lot more diverse than people realise, but why would a guy built like Cena be trying drop toe holds and hip tosses? It doesn't really make sense for him to play the 'wrestler' because he's an awesome powerhouse.

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Diverse? The STF is the only submission move he usually uses and they gave it to him to try proving his haters wrong whne they claimed he didn't have any technical ability, he doesn't even apply it properly and makes a retarded facial expression while applying it.

5 Knuckle Shuffle an aerial move? I guess The People's Elbow is an aerial move as well right? The 5 Knuckle Shuffle is one of the worst moves I've ever seen, it's almost as ridiculous as The Worm.

·
Registered
813 Posts

...what? It's a standing fist drop. A standing fist drop is not an aerial finisher. You might have to "reorganize" your whole list or whatever it is that you're doing.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
really? time flies. I thought it was more like five... five since he was main eventing I guess.
"for years" could mean 2 years or more...fpalm

Of course Cena is great in the ring. He had great/classic matches with lesnar, taker, hhh, edge, jericho, orton, lashley, umaga, barrett, jbl, swagger etc

OH NOES, HE ONLY HAS 5 MOVEZ AND HE GOTZ CARRIED 4 REALZ :rolleyes:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Since when is sloppy wrestling a technique? Yeah, he's been wrestling for 8 years and been in the title picture for 5 going on 6 years. I don't blame Cena for going along with the booking but the WWE should really wait to use guys as green as Cena for a lot longer than they do same goes for virtually every diva. As far as the People's Elbow knockoff, it's only ever been a set up for the F-5 knockoff and not even close to being a aerial move.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Cena isn't required to do much in the ring. Considering the fact that you can make a match so much more entertaining if you brawl inside and outside of the ring.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Oh cry me a fucking river, how many times do I have to hear this Cena can't wrestle crap? So he doesn't have 1000 holds, big deal. So his finisher is just fireman carry powerslam, it works. Get over yourselves,besides the STF, his moves fits his character and most of the crowd get behind his moves. Therefore, the move set stays.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts