Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can HHH match the epicness of his MSG return with the one he'll make eventually?
I mean how much enthusiasm do you think the crowd and fans around will have and will the atmosphere be any good?

1 being it won't be anything to 10 being 10 minute standing ovation and playing his song 3 times like at MSG

I hope that it will at least be respectable I think that's one thing WWE is missing not only good returns but sometimes good surprise returns
In recent history, They did an excellent job with Bryan and hopefully they do a good job with The Game

·
Asuka
96,367 Posts
On a scale of 1-10 comparing it to that one? 0. Triple H's MSG return is the biggest pop in wrestling history. Nobody has ever gotten a pop that loud. Not Hogan, Austin, Rock, Goldberg, Warrior or whoever.

I STILL don't know how he pulled it off. I mean, he was never THAT popular. I expect his reaction to be the same as it was at SummerSlam 07.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On a scale of 1-10 comparing it to that one? 0. Triple H's MSG return is the biggest pop in wrestling history. Nobody has ever gotten a pop that loud. Not Hogan, Austin, Rock, Goldberg, Warrior or whoever.

I STILL don't know how he pulled it off. I mean, he was never THAT popular. I expect his reaction to be the same as it was at SummerSlam 07.
Really I thought Austin or Rock might've gotten a bigger pop and the Y2J debut or do you mean the longest biggest pop
But you know he was away and they showed videos while he was gone so the people were anticipated his return for months

you know they say this was the biggest pop in history

·
Asuka
96,367 Posts
Austin, Rock and Jericho have never gotten a reaction like that, sustained or otherwise. I wish I could believe Austin's done it and the Y2J debut, but no. That pop was INSANE. And I know what they did for his return, but the fact remains that it's still Triple H, and his overness has never matched guys like Austin and Rock. If they're a 10, then he's like a 7 or 8, which is what makes his return pop that overwhelming. You don't expect it from somebody like him.

And Triple H's return is way, way bigger than the Bulldog pop. That's probably not even in the top 10 biggest pops ever, let alone the biggest.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah everything you say is true
Rankings guys pop wise I'd agree
That Bulldog pop was more instantly massive I think than HHH's but no where as long

But do you remember when HHH won the SummerSlam ladder match? That was a pretty great pop representing his rising popularity at the time
Or do you think it was more so the DX Aura than him that garnered him such a reaction at that time?

·
Recognize
21,503 Posts
Trips return pop came about from respect. Before he got hurt he was getting to that stage where people were booing him because he was such a good heel but couldn't help but cheer too. It also didn't hurt that it happened in MSG lol. Anyways, I don't think it will be on that level because that was just fucking epic. However, his last 2 returns at SS07 and Raw 09 had huge pops so probably somewhere around there. It also depends how and when etc. I don't care though. I just want to see him back.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
By not. He can't. And should just give up and stay behind the scenes. For the rest of my life.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,037 Posts
It will never be that level again. Never. MSG was pure epic, and Triple H at the times was at his best. When he came back, fans were dying to see him again. Now I don't know. He's been gone for a while, but to be honest, it won't be any different to all the times Undertaker has returned. He'll get huge pop, but not an epic one like MSG.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts