Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OMG i hate life at the mo.. Okay no one is gona care about this but its a rant so i dont give a shit.. anyways.. Theres this girl i like who also likes me and we're taking it steady.. but i got drunk at a party and got off with someone i didnt want to.. n this girl doesnt belive that i was drunk and now she wont spealk to me at all.. To add to this.. my x girl frend likes me alot and i thinki like her to.. i duno who to go with without upsetting anyone.. its just so gay.... I CANT DEAL WITH IT

·
Premium Member
6,164 Posts
I don't believe the "I was drunk I didn't mean too" bullshit because being in that position myself, I know you still have self control. You ****ed up, accept it, be honest and move on from it. Don't try to blame something that whilst it lowers inhibitions ultimately forces you to do nothing. You made that choice.

Upsetting people? You'll be upsetting someone a lot more if you make a choice based on who you'll hurt less. Be with who you want to be with. At the end of the day your happiness will be reflected in your relationship. If you start out thinking "well this'll do to suit everyone else" you'll be unhappy and the relationship will be shit; it's not good for anyone.

Make your own decisions, live with responsibility, and honestly tell the girl you want to be with how you feel.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Gosh u must be so hard done to, wen it sounds u got a cuple of girls after u...
from a lasses point of view all i can say is whatever happens servves u rite, u shud learn 2 keep ya hands 2 yaself, tehn maybe boys wouldnt get into trouble, going with other girls, when they supposed 2 be with someone......
I could rant all day bowt how much of wankers, lads r, but i cant be botherd cos im happy..
And now im looking round this forum, which i havent been on since the 8th april 2004, :shocked: and i cant see anyone who i used 2 talk 2 agggggges agoooooo......
Whers alex cody terry Sara gone and whoever else i forgot 2 mention :sad:

but if you want something to rant on about, try reading the yorkshire evening post, about a boy my age called Joel, was walking home from a party the other week and got jumped by 3 boys started hitting him with planks of wood, and stuff, now hes in a coma and may not survive, he went 2 my scool its so sad... has anyone read it. Now thats something 2 get angry about :cuss:

N

·
0 Posts
BreakdownV1 said:
I don't believe the "I was drunk I didn't mean too" bullshit because being in that position myself, I know you still have self control. You ****ed up, accept it, be honest and move on from it. Don't try to blame something that whilst it lowers inhibitions ultimately forces you to do nothing. You made that choice.
That's not the way it is for everyone. Some people do stupid shit when they're ****ed up...things they wouldn't normally do.

When you're sober, you think of things, right? Many people act on the things they think when they drink. Same with other forms of drugs, illegal or not.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
No, people use the drunk thing as a cop out. You always have an idea what your doing. Ok, you might say f*ck it and do it anyway, but if something is important, the common sense will still exist.

On another note, oh to be 16 again and be worried about such stuff! No offence dude, but in about 5 years, you'll laugh your ass off at your little dilemma! No worries though, it's happened to us all!

N

·
0 Posts
Chances are you've never drank alcohol or drugs, and therefore have no idea.

Don't tell others how they think or feel; it's wrong.

(Edit note: I'm not saying people don't use it as a scapegoat, but I know that not everyone does.)

·
Premium Member
6,164 Posts
Chances are he has drank since he knows better than you from my experiences. I know exactly what he means, I'm a regular social drinker. You are right that everyone is different, but saying he has no idea when I seem to recall you've never partaken in regular drinking is somewhat rich.

Alcohol is not a psychotropic drug, merely a sedative. Like I said it lowers inhibitions on desires you have anyway. So if you're really not that loyal to your significant other...It does provide a good catalyst to provoke instances like this. If you love someone your will power will be strong enough to say no, it's not hard, drunk off your face or not.

How much experience do you have with drinking exactly, Nitemare ? o.

·
Banned
2,731 Posts
Used_Chemical said:
OMG i hate life at the mo.. Okay no one is gona care about this but its a rant so i dont give a shit.. anyways.. Theres this girl i like who also likes me and we're taking it steady.. but i got drunk at a party and got off with someone i didnt want to.. n this girl doesnt belive that i was drunk and now she wont spealk to me at all.. To add to this.. my x girl frend likes me alot and i thinki like her to.. i duno who to go with without upsetting anyone.. its just so gay.... I CANT DEAL WITH IT
you ****ed up, being drunk is no excuse. and as for thinking you like your old girlfriend, well you need to think to yourself who yuo wanna be with.

BDV1's advice it good. lol. Especially on the subject of drink ;)

·
Banned
759 Posts
I think, more often than not, people do use it to justify their behaviour when they get busted for doing what they knew better than to do.

I can't speak for everyone, but in my personal experience,I will tell you that I've been so drunk I've literally drank myself sober, but I still had the mental capacity to differentiate between right and wrong and was able to maintain control over my actions, or take responsibility for them instead of blaming the booze.

However, I do know someone who has a chemical imbalance, and when she drinks she blacks out, so to speak.
She literally has no knowledge of what she is doing, or has done, and no control over herself whatsoever.
Also, if it's someones first time drinking, and they drink too much too fast, I have seen instances where they don't remember anything they did, and couldn't control themselves.

So, I can see there being instances where your judgement and/or control is clouded or in rare cases non-existent, but, I also think those situations are few and far between and that most people are just using that to excuse their inability to say no.

The best thing to do in all reality is not drink.
It's stupid, it's harmful, addictive, and will eventually take your life in one way or another, and it never helps solve anything.
If you can't have a good time without being blasted then you have real problems and the answer to those problems is not at the bottom of a bottle. True. :agree:

·
Registered
7,477 Posts
I find "I was having an out of body expierience due to acid, and didn't realize where I was" a better excuse than say..."Duhh...it was the Odule's!"

But hey...if it works for ya! :D

N

·
0 Posts
BreakdownV1 said:
Chances are he has drank since he knows better than you from my experiences. I know exactly what he means, I'm a regular social drinker. You are right that everyone is different, but saying he has no idea when I seem to recall you've never partaken in regular drinking is somewhat rich.

Alcohol is not a psychotropic drug, merely a sedative. Like I said it lowers inhibitions on desires you have anyway. So if you're really not that loyal to your significant other...It does provide a good catalyst to provoke instances like this. If you love someone your will power will be strong enough to say no, it's not hard, drunk off your face or not.

How much experience do you have with drinking exactly, Nitemare ? o.
I don't have to partake in drinking to understand the scientific side of things. I'm so sorry that you can't accept what is scientifically proven for many people.

I never once said everyone has the same experience, but he categorized everyone into a group. Let me bold it up for you:

No, people use the drunk thing as a cop out. You always have an idea what your doing. Ok, you might say f*ck it and do it anyway, but if something is important, the common sense will still exist.

That's not completely true. As I said (I think), people will do things they think but would NEVER do when they are sober. Why is this? Alcohol completely affects the mind, feeling it with tainted thoughts. Even if the person knows at the time (because the brain requires it), when he or she comes to being sober, there's a HUGE chance he or she won't remember. Even if the person does, there's a huge chance they will be asking "what the **** did I do?" even though the person has thought about it a million times being sober, but never acted upon it. (Acts are all that matters. Thoughts are less controllable, but don't hurt anyone.) Are you going to say that drinking wasn't the cause? It's a typical loop that drugs affect the mind...impaired (and rash) judgments, if you will. (I mean, really. Hundreds upon thousands of people, while sober, say they won't drink and drive. Yet, there are countless drunk-drivers on the streets nightly, many killing innocent people and even entire families.)

I've had a few experiences with alcohol. (Around 3 or 4 now, I guess.) Alcohol doesn't really affect me, although I've never tried to get myself severly drunk. (My brother-in-law, though, gets drunk very easily.) However, taking a few hits of marijuana, and I could barely think straight, my head hurt, and I had to lay down and force myself to try and think it'd be over soon. it was, really. 15 or so minutes.

Besides that, my father is an alcoholic and I've experienced it throughout my life. I've researched the effects of drinking (and doing drugs) quite a bit throughout my life, and nothing has stated that drinking doesn't severly affect the mind and often cause thoughts to become reality. Please link me to some websites that are credible.

·
40,767 Posts
The bottom line is you chose to drink. Don't blame the alcohol. It was your CHOICES that proved your downfall. You now have really only one choice, if you value her friendship and love. That choice should be self evident. If you don't know, search yourself a little harder.

·
Premium Member
6,164 Posts
You can read all you want, it gives you no literal experience in the area and assuming you know more than persons who actually do have first hand experience would be rather ignorant. The guy who read the book about the amazon knows less about it than the guy who went there.

Huge chance of not remembering? You have to be VERY ****ed up to not remember. Vodka and red Wine give memory blanks when drank to the extremes (where you wouldn't be in any condition to attract the opposite sex), outside of those types of drinking there is actually a huge chance you WILL remember.

Science cannot tell you what people think in these situations half as well as someone who's been there will know those thoughts. Maybe I'll write a book for you one day to add to your collection.

Who says he wouldn't have done it sober with this girl? It's the desire he had anyway, so even if by some chance he didn't get with that girl, he wanted too. Drinking put him in the position to kiss her most probably. But if she had presented herself to him sober, do you think he'd say no since he desired her and had a disregard for his absent girlfriend?

Drinking did not make the decision. The person did. The person wanted it. That's the bottom line. Drink didn't make him forget he had a girlfriend. It's him being irresponsible and claiming the alcohol possessed him to do this and forced him to act as if he had nothing to do with it. That is the bullshit and cop out of this plea.

Your experience with marijuana seems totally freak to me, since I've never known someone to have such an immediate reaction under such a low dose of such a weak drug.

N

·
0 Posts
Many people believe they can handle the alcohol. It proves them wrong a lot of times.

I agree, though, hence I dislike drinking. Thanks for making a point I've always supported.

EDIT: Shit. I'll read BDV1's post, w8 rit.

·
Banned
32 Posts
Probably one of the reason's that we have age limits on alcohol is to stop children (and lets face it, you are still a child) from doing silly things- just think if you would have ended up getting this girl pregnant.

I tend to agree with Nitemare about his as well, in that you can't categorise everybody. I am not a big drinker so it affects me quite easily. When i go out i talk to women because that's the way i am, im very confident and will talk to anybody, but if the 6 years ive been with my fiancee ive never even touched another women, either when drunk, or sober. However, i have a friend who has been with his fiancee (they get married in 2wks) who will go out, and when he has a drink he will actively seek women to 'fool around' with. I really think that your values whilst sober are what come out when you are drunk.

N

·
0 Posts
BreakdownV1 said:
You can read all you want, it gives you no literal experience in the area and assuming you know more than persons who actually do have first hand experience would be rather ignorant. The guy who read the book about the amazon knows less about it than the guy who went there.
And the guy who went to the amazon may not have experienced the same thing as another who went to the amazon; although the guy who read the book is smart enough to know what to expect, even if it doesn't apply to him.

BreakdownV1 said:
Huge chance of not remembering? You have to be VERY ****ed up to not remember. Vodka and red Wine give memory blanks when drank to the extremes (where you wouldn't be in any condition to attract the opposite sex), outside of those types of drinking there is actually a huge chance you WILL remember.
I don't recall there being any discussion about a type of drink. The discussion was alcohol... (I wouldn't limit it to a specific drink. I'm aware of vodka being strong. But yeah, too much of any alcoholic beverage is never a good thing...)

BreakdownV1 said:
Science cannot tell you what people think in these situations half as well as someone who's been there will know those thoughts. Maybe I'll write a book for you one day to add to your collection.
Science has an understanding of the human body, its thought patterns, and what will happen if someone ingests too much of something. I think that qualifies science. Your book, based on your experiences, wouldn't be able to stand up against the book of science, whose contents are factual of what alcohol can do to the human body. (Again, can is italic because your experences, or mine, won't necessarily be the same as others. Science can't say everyone will experience the same thing, but it can explain what alcohol CAN do to a person. "Side effects," if you will.)

BreakdownV1 said:
Who says he wouldn't have done it sober with this girl? It's the desire he had anyway, so even if by some chance he didn't get with that girl, he wanted too. Drinking put him in the position to kiss her most probably. But if she had presented herself to him sober, do you think he'd say no since he desired her and had a disregard for his absent girlfriend?
Who says he wouldn't? I don't know, maybe the fact that he only did it drunk, even though he could have done it a million times before? The guy's thought patterns were disrupted. They wouldn't be if he was sober. He'd have a better chance at rejecting her rather than giving into physical attractions. (See, here's where alcohol screws up the brain for many; thoughts are few, while physical pleasure is abundant. And again, what your experiences are isn't going to be categorized by me as to what I would feel.)

BreakdownV1 said:
Drinking did not make the decision. The person did. The person wanted it. That's the bottom line. Drink didn't make him forget he had a girlfriend. It's him being irresponsible and claiming the alcohol possessed him to do this and forced him to act as if he had nothing to do with it. That is the bullshit and cop out of this plea.
Sure, the person made the decision; with the impaired brain affects of alcohol. It's impossible not to correlate the two when it only occurs when the person is impaired by alcohol (or drugs). And, as always, it would vary depending on the person doing it, the consumption of alcohol, whatever...

BreakdownV1 said:
Your experience with marijuana seems totally freak to me, since I've never known someone to have such an immediate reaction under such a low dose of such a weak drug.
Well, I don't know about a few hits or not, it was probably more than that. It was from a bong, though, and it was "crippy." I never said anything about 'immediate,' however.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts