Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I really hate how adverts on tv for beaten children, lost puppies, injured kittens and hunted species are thrown at you like you fuckin' did it.

I mean, I know these people have to campaign, I have no problem with that. Shit, I might even donate. But what's with the guilt trip bullshit? It's like an emotional blackmail, they sell you it as if you don't you're a fucking asshole. It's ridiculous.

·
Registered
5,773 Posts
Yea^^, I really don't like it when they show you a bunch of children that needs food and water. That's a big guilt trip.:(

·
yippee-ki-yay
2,522 Posts
girl guide cookies. Either the kids are young and you cant say no to them for some reason, or they send their little sisters around so that you cant say no to them for some reason

·
Banned
4,141 Posts
Miester said:
girl guide cookies. Either the kids are young and you cant say no to them for some reason, or they send their little sisters around so that you cant say no to them for some reason
...You guys call them "Girl Guides" in Canada? What the fuck happened to "Girl Scouts"? lol

SIG

·
Jerichoholic
3,091 Posts
And we all know the money donated doesn't even go to those poor starving little kiddies anyway.

·
Banned
4,310 Posts
Yeah, I hate them too. They do try to make it as if it's our fault. WTF, it's not my fault they're poor. It's your destiny. God just hates you, that's all. :(

·
Premium Member
6,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
CaGe said:
Yea^^, I really don't like it when they show you a bunch of children that needs food and water. That's a big guilt trip.:(
Haha, no I don't have a problem with those adverts with foundations wanting support. Like I've said sometimes I do donate, I've given to children in need, the tsunami and the asian earthquake campaigns just this year. The fact is I do not like how the adverts are in a very attacking style and trying to emotionally force you into donating, rather than choosing too.

Honestly, now I just turn the channel. I'm sick of it.

*stomps a Goomba*

Fuck you.
Yet another white man tryin' to keep the black brotha' down :no:

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
those commercials piss me off...those commercials use guilt to get people to "donate for the children".

Donate for the children my ass...that money goes absolutely nowhere except to put money into the pockets of the spokespeople...sides i dont care about abunch of sickly looking children anyway...but thats just me.

·
Registered
7,477 Posts
"This is Hiledia. Now, where you are, 80 cents a day doesn't really add up. But for the price of a coffee (Which is BS as a cup of Dunks is over a buck and a half!) you can ensure she'll have something to eat. Proper medicine. Even a school to go to...."

Blah blah blah!

I don't care about getting a picture. Especialy since the money I'd be giving more than likely wouldn't be going to them anyway. (Well, not directly)

Don't get me wrong, I feel bad for'em. But I also feel bad for ol' Homeless Joe, the Gulf War vet. You know, the guy whose own government denied medical care for him when he returned, legless, and couldn't work to support himself. But how many ads are running to help him get back on his feet? (Ohhhhh....diplorable!)

We're all aware that charities and organizations are out there for just about anything. Over eaters, wife beaters, Pokemon addicts, you name it! But what we don't need to know (or see) is the pile of pig shit they're forced to sleep next to in their dilapidated huts. Or the dramatic b&w close ups on their puppy dogs faces.

Life kicks everyone in the ass eventualy. Some more times than others. But over exagerating the facts in an attempt to extort money from people...well, that makes you no better than a common crook.

·
Premium Member
4,641 Posts
And the thing with these commercials is that they are always on the channels that kids watch (MTV, even channels that my little brother watches). How the hell can he bloody donate anything!

When I come accross 'em, I just either change the channel or change the channel and do something else.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Most are worthy causes, they have to be that way with ads to get people to donate, I guess. I personally think most of them go too far, alot of them always pop-up during December because everybody is (supposedly) in a giving mood.

We would have non of this shit if Mussolini or Hitler was in charge. DAMN YOU CHURCHILL!!! J/K

1 - 20 of 20 Posts