Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Konnan believes that AEW should strike while the iron is hot and have Omega vs. Danielson straight away. This is due to 1. buzz and 2. possibly injuries down the track.

Konnan on Omega vs. Danielson

I remember TNA being always criticized for putting on Samoa Joe vs. Kurt Angle so quickly.

Is it better to build to this match? Or do it now?

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TNA were critised for having Angle beat a red-hot Joe when the opposite should have happened.

Omega isn't anywhere near as hot right now as Joe was pre losing to Angle.
Angle was red-hot too though. He was a huge name and his epic match with The Undertaker at No Way Out 2006 was still fresh in fans' minds. He took TNA to another level.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I think it's a strong Full Gear main event and it should definitely be held off until PPV because Omega vs Danielson is a match that could beat the buys for All Out on its own. If you need a reason for why it's not happening sooner, you just have Omega duck out of the fight because he's a heel and he's never been able to beat Danielson.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Bryan V Omega at next ppv. Omega wins by cheating. Hangman beats Omega at next ppv while Bryan feuds with TBA. Omega turns face and destroys callis and co. Bryan V Omega at subsequent ppv as face v face to see who the best technical wrestler in the world is.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Konnan's right here in my opinion. We're talking about arguably the most popular wrestler of the last decade that main evented the last Wrestle Mania in a match most people wanted him to win. Don't have him beat about with relatively unknowns for the sake of his win/loss record.

We don't know how much more of this schedule Kenny has in him before he needs a short break too. A cheap win against Daniel Bryan before dropping the title to Hangman could be the way to go.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I would probably buildup to Omega and not give a title shot within first month but I don't mind it. It may be a AEW dream match. Bryan should not win the belt in his first month but should eventually.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Only if Danielson goes over.

Under no circumstances should he be losing to Kenny Omega. That's just ridiculous.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
I could see it ...Bryan brings eyes to the product .he was in the main event just this last WM I don't think it would fill hollow at all ..Bryan is coming in with a chip on his shoulder and wants to beat the best to prove he is the best

People will complain about Hang man and other young aew guys but they have time..you gotta build the product now and strike while it's hot

·
Registered
13,934 Posts
It kinda doesn’t matter which direction they go in

just going by the threads created so far, it will be the ‘worst decision ever’ no matter what happens - if they face now, if they face later, if danielson wins the title, if hangman wins etc etc

i personally can’t wait, regardless of the direction

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bryan is something that dropped in their lap and wasn’t expected 2 years ago, maybe not even a couple of months ago. A match vs Omega is a dream match many have been looking forward to and never expected to see. With the way they brought him in, the match basically needs to happen soon.

As for the outcome I’m fine with Bryan winning, but also won’t mind Hangman saving Bryan from the Elite and getting his shot. Either way, it can make for an interesting story and will both have it’s pro’s and con’s.

What I think won’t work is Bryan losing clean IMO. It won’t make Omega bigger or make the Hangman story better, and it kinda diminishes the whole “you call yourself elite, proof it” shtick Bryan is doing.

·
Registered
926 Posts
They can go to a 30 or 60 minute draw and stretch it out for a later encounter. I dont really like rushed things, but holding off on those big matches also doesnt make sense when you only have 4 ppvs a year.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Only if Danielson goes over.

Under no circumstances should he be losing to Kenny Omega. That's just ridiculous.
Omega needs to cheat to win. So I kind of agree.

But when both are faces in the future I could flip a coin for the winner, they are both that good.

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
Bryan subtly told us in the media scrum on night night 1 that he was coming here to put over Kenny Omega. He remembers wrestling Kenny, but this Kenny is “gooood”. Bryan bragged on himself as being the best, kind of out of character especially for a debuting babyface, and comes off like a guy who wants to validate Omega’s growth (and AEW as a whole) through the Indy scene to today.

He just didn’t make it feel cheap by pandering to the audience with the “aww shucks” sort of shit that Punk did.

Reactions: Whoanma

·
There's only one of me
1,226 Posts
There's a way to write a story without having Bryan wrestle every single week. And he's actually proof that you can "strike the iron" when it's hot a second or third time. Use him while he's on fire, yes, but right now, start the build. Look at Sting and the NWO...the perfect build (bad finish), and I wouldn't expect Bryan and the Elite to be as good, but it could be decent if done properly.

·
Premium Member
1,069 Posts
Bryan subtly told us in the media scrum on night night 1 that he was coming here to put over Kenny Omega. He remembers wrestling Kenny, but this Kenny is “gooood”. Bryan bragged on himself as being the best, kind of out of character especially for a debuting babyface, and comes off like a guy who wants to validate Omega’s growth (and AEW as a whole) through the Indy scene to today.

He just didn’t make it feel cheap by pandering to the audience with the “aww shucks” sort of shit that Punk did.
Yeah but does Kenny remember?

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
Reactions: Whoanma and GNKenny
1 - 20 of 40 Posts