Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Banned
2,795 Posts
Lol when has he been more over in his career? In the 2000's he was just over in WWE. Now he's over in WWE (if he were ever to return), in AEW as a credible World Champion who has his theme music sang by the crowd, and also in Japan in his matches with Omega. He's a bigger star now than he has ever been.
Probably when he had millions watching him instead of just 700k

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
You're missing my point entirely.
He's not, it's the AEW super fans carrying on again.

Jericho has been more over in his career. The fans sing his song because it's a cool as fuck song and is really catchy whilst in WWE his song wasn't as catchy. He definitely was a bigger star when he was being watched by millions every week as opposed to 700,000 viewers now.

Do you recall when he beat Triple H on RAW in 2000? RAW's rating that night was a 6.7 (About 7 million people if my ratings knowledge is up to date) and a packed out arena went mental for it. 7 MILLION people and an audience full of people cheered Jericho on as he beat Triple H for the WWE Title but you're trying to claim that a TV audience of 700,000 and an arena of 3000 smart marks singing Judas means he's more over than ever.

He's over, just be happy with that. I don't know why AEW super fans are so completely obsessed with things being "the best ever" or guys being "The most over they ever have".

·
Registered
21,526 Posts
Lol when has he been more over in his career? In the 2000's he was just over in WWE. Now he's over in WWE (if he were ever to return), in AEW as a credible World Champion who has his theme music sang by the crowd, and also in Japan in his matches with Omega. He's a bigger star now than he has ever been.
How about his run in WWE? I get the point you're trying to get at that "oh he went to NJPW and AEW so he got all these new fans on top of what he had". That view point makes sense for an Omega who was in WWE but was a developmental guy who left and made his name elsewhere. But with Jericho this makes no sense at all as a stand point. Because it's you basically pretending that Jericho wasn't known in Japan prior to his return or that AEW fans didn't know him before the company. I mean you're seriously arguing he's somehow bigger being seen by less eyes. The theme song thing is such a stretch too.

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
7,930 Posts
He's not, it's the AEW super fans carrying on again.

Jericho has been more over in his career. The fans sing his song because it's a cool as fuck song and is really catchy whilst in WWE his song wasn't as catchy. He definitely was a bigger star when he was being watched by millions every week as opposed to 700,000 viewers now.

Do you recall when he beat Triple H on RAW in 2000? RAW's rating that night was a 6.7 (About 7 million people if my ratings knowledge is up to date) and a packed out arena went mental for it. 7 MILLION people and an audience full of people cheered Jericho on as he beat Triple H for the WWE Title but you're trying to claim that a TV audience of 700,000 and an arena of 3000 smart marks singing Judas means he's more over than ever.

He's over, just be happy with that. I don't know why AEW super fans are so completely obsessed with things being "the best ever" or guys being "The most over they ever have".
What I'm trying to say is that he has more worldwide influence now than he has ever had. He's at legendary status now as opposed to just being watched by a bunch of people. I'm not wrong about that.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
What I'm trying to say is that he has more worldwide influence now than he has ever had. He's at legendary status now as opposed to just being watched by a bunch of people. I'm not wrong about that.
He didn't have worldwide influence or legendary status when he was touring the world with the WWE?

·
7,930 Posts
He didn't have worldwide influence or legendary status when he was touring the world with the WWE?
How about his run in WWE? I get the point you're trying to get at that "oh he went to NJPW and AEW so he got all these new fans on top of what he had". That view point makes sense for an Omega who was in WWE but was a developmental guy who left and made his name elsewhere. But with Jericho this makes no sense at all as a stand point. Because it's you basically pretending that Jericho wasn't known in Japan prior to his return or that AEW fans didn't know him before the company. I mean you're seriously arguing he's somehow bigger being seen by less eyes. The theme song thing is such a stretch too.
He did, but everyone did back then and he didn't stick out much over other talent who were pushed far harder. There were a lot of stars and a lot of noise.

He was known in Japan, but being in NJPW for sure got him more over with those people than simply just touring through once every couple of years.

My earlier comments were a little superlative I admit lol, but I still feel like now he is in a better spot than he has ever been. OG status.

·
Registered
21,526 Posts
He did, but everyone did back then and he didn't stick out much over other talent who were pushed far harder. There were a lot of stars and a lot of noise.

He was known in Japan, but being in NJPW for sure got him more over with those people than simply just touring through.

My earlier comments were a little superlative I admit lol, but I still feel like now he is in a better spot than he has ever been. OG status.
I feel like you're kind of mixing up promotional importance with being more over. Jericho has been OG status for a while. But I think because for the 1st time in Jericho's (and Mox for that matter) career he's the 1b or number 2 guy, folk are conflating it as being bigger.

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
Whoever gets the blame is up for debate, but what’s not is that his stock has gone down immensely since the Dynamite debut. This guy was being regularly discussed as the best in the world. In half a year he’s been in forgettable midcard programs and is a tag champ that never works tag matches. Very odd.

·
7,930 Posts
I feel like you're kind of mixing up promotional importance with being more over. Jericho has been OG status for a while. But I think because for the 1st time in Jericho's (and Mox for that matter) career he's the 1b or number 2 guy, folk are conflating it as being bigger.
Is it not in a way bigger in his case though? Back then ratings were so high because of the main event scene that he was never really a huge part of over The Rock, Austin, Taker, HHH, and others. He was kind of the upper mid-card guy who was over in a big pool of other upper mid-card acts who were also over. Almost everyone was over because everyone was booked well.

I legit need to see some of these AEW fans as defense lawyers. They'll defend anything and don't even care how embarrassing they get!
OMG, I'm so offended lol. :eek:

Do you have an argument or not?

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
I legit need to see some of these AEW fans as defense lawyers. They'll defend anything and don't even care how embarrassing they get!
"Your honour, you need to stop overanalysing this case and nit picking. The law isn't THAT serious. Do you have a girlfriend? Nerd."

·
Banned
2,795 Posts
Is it not in a way bigger in his case though? Back then ratings were so high because of the main event scene that he was never really a huge part of over The Rock, Austin, Taker, HHH, and others. He was kind of the upper mid-card guy who was over in a big pool of other upper mid-card acts who were also over. Almost everyone was over because everyone was booked well.

yeah I made my point earlier. You're still yet to dispute it with anything that makes sense.

·
Registered
21,526 Posts

It's not like Jericho was The Godfather though. I could see what you're saying for somebody like that who just was lucky to be along for the ride. But Jericho was an actually important part of the show that people cared about.

That moment isn't as big if he's just some over by proxy midcarder like Val Venis. Jericho was over over, not gimmick over like a lot of guys like a lot of the non main eventers.

·
7,930 Posts
yeah I made my point earlier. You're still yet to dispute it with anything that makes sense.
You said Jericho was more over back then because he had more eyes on him, then I made my argument as to why I don't think so, even admitting that I was a bit superlative. What is your follow up to all of my posts under that other than your need to keep throwing cheap shots like a child? Its just a forum my guy.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Maybe the bigger mistake was Omega not taking the rumored Impact deal that would have allowed him to continue to wrestle with NJPW. Who knows but if he's getting payed and is happy I really don't care.

I will say for my taste his AEW run has not been impressive.

·
7,930 Posts
It's not like Jericho was The Godfather though. I could see what you're saying for somebody like that who just was lucky to be along for the ride. But Jericho was an actually important part of the show that people cared about.

That moment isn't as big if he's just some over by proxy midcarder like Val Venis. Jericho was over over, not gimmick over like a lot of guys like a lot of the non main eventers.
I see what you mean, I don't know maybe I just see Jericho's tenured career and all he's accomplished across multiple promotions as making him more of a bigger deal now than how massively over he was back then. Just my POV though, doesn't mean its true.

·
7,930 Posts
Whoever gets the blame is up for debate, but what’s not is that his stock has gone down immensely since the Dynamite debut. This guy was being regularly discussed as the best in the world. In half a year he’s been in forgettable midcard programs and is a tag champ that never works tag matches. Very odd.
The Moxley vs Omega, PAC vs Omega, and Bucks vs Omega/Page programs were forgettable? He hasn't worked tag matches because his tag team partner was quarantined and couldn't travel. Even then he has had tag matches with Matt Hardy 2 weeks in a row. I'm not sure what you mean.

·
Banned
2,795 Posts
You said Jericho was more over back then because he had more eyes on him, then I made my argument as to why I don't think so, even admitting that I was a bit superlative. What is your follow up to all of my posts under that other than your need to keep throwing cheap shots like a child? Its just a forum my guy.
I don't need to add any more to be correct. Being over with 7 million fans watching and cheering for him versus 700k in AEW, 1.4 in WWE and whatever NJPW did isn't even close. I know it's just a forum, my guy. I simply disputed your point and you're yet to adequately dispute mine. I'm over you guys making baseless claims because they're involved in AEW, repeating yourselves until we get sick of the debate and stop, then you guys claiming a win. He's simply not even close to being more over now than he ever was.

41 - 60 of 70 Posts