Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seriously the guy would've been the face for the NJ US expansion. Instead he has to sit back and put these other guys over while making himself look weak.Seriously he looked liked a chump last night. What happened to the guy the internet was talking about in 17 and 18. How is his current booking helping his image with the fans that are not familiar with his work. Should have signed that njpw contact and do some appearances for aew as a special attraction like he was in roh. It looks like he chose friends over his career in Japan. What do you guys think?

·
Banned
571 Posts
He is booking himself. Blame him.

He's won 10 of his last 12 singles matches and is currently a tag team champion.
this doesn’t matter, he’s not being booked the way some people want him to be booked because they got it in their heads he would be a certain way, so it’s all aews fault for not being exactly how they imagine it would be.

·
Registered
23,458 Posts
Kenny and NJPW were pretty much on the rocks during his last few months, to the point in an interview with Meltzer after he signed with AEW he pretty much said that if AEW wasn't an option he probably would have gone to WWE.

He had a great career and did everything a gaijin could hope to do. Now he's apart of a new company that's on TNT, he's working his friends, and I'm sure he's getting paid pretty handsomely as a wrestler and a EVP.

So, while I have my own problems with Kenny's booking, he didn't make the wrong decision.

·
Registered
21,526 Posts
Nah he didn't make a mistake signing, he's just being too nice with his position. The Elite are in a weird position honestly. It's like they're cognizant of how the Kliq are perceived, so they won't put the titles on themselves. But they still book themselves fairly damn strong, but won't just go all the way with it

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
There wasn’t much for him to do in NJPW other than go for the tag belts with Ibushi, main event another couple WKs, and have a second reign as IWGP champion after dropping the belt to Okada at MSG. He might have actually made the correct call by leaving and not doing the MSG show, since it tells a better story in regards to Omega vs Okada, one of overcoming the impossible.

I know that NJPW wanted him and the rest of the Elite to be the face of the Western expansion. But I`m not sure how booking would work if they were regularly working NJOA, or if NJOA would get a tv deal with TNT or another major network. It isn`t like the IWGP US belt is defended regularly in NJOA.

I think the change of plans for All Out last year – from Moxley to PAC – messed with Omega`s booking, even though he went on to have an amazing series of matches with PAC. To go from the planned series of matches involving the top gaijin in NJPW feuding with a major WWE talent and former champion, where there will be a clash of styles and generally different experiences, no to mention the build that being as DoN. To a series of matches where the top gaijin of NJPW is feuding with another former WWE talent more noted for being a cruiserweight and being undefeated in DragonGate, where both have similar styles and generally similar experiences, and was booked on the fly as a last minute change. That`s going to alter how stories are told for Omega, and his booking in general.

·
Registered
7,898 Posts
He is aware of it. Based on his rant on BTE last week, its pretty clear he is very aware of his position in AEW currently. I think something is planned for him that will revert him back to his NJPW self, maybe a heel turn down the line. I think currently he is just being a team player and selflessly taking a backseat to establish the AEW brand and other wrestlers like Paige.

That being said, he looked like a fuckin beggar in the closing shot of this weeks Dynamite. I think he should definitely turn heel on Paige with the Bucks ASAP. Maybe they would have done that by DoN if it wasnt for Steve Corino Virus messing with all their plans. Their storyline was the most interesting right up until the lockdown started.

·
Banned
8,928 Posts
Hes decided to go down a weird path but hes doing it to slowly build his story up in the states according to him. I mean bad or good idea he will come around. He should not be in the tag team world though. Its clear they continue to work towards some mega storyline with these elite people clearly splitting. I hope it has kenny be heel cus he needs it but hangman is being heelish so its hard to say what will happen.

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
7,930 Posts
He's the VP and he's booking himself as others have said. He's being lax. He knows what people are saying and thinking. Even JR commented on it on live TV. I honestly think they are planning a swerve with Omega turning heel on Hangman Page instead of the other way around. Which would put Kenny on OP levels, because then he would probably go on to beat Page, then Moxley, which would be glorious. Then drunken Page comes back for revenge. There are so many ways they can go with the overall storyline. AEW has a sleeping mega star on their hands and they know it. He'll turn up when he sees fit. Just because you don't like his current booking doesn't mean it was a mistake. He can change his image within weeks whenever he wants to.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
I like when threads like this are made and people are like "We'll see the real Omega return soon!" and "Just because you feel his booking is bad doesn't mean it is"

Lets be real here, AEW much like the majority of the guys they have just don't know how to use Omega. This isn't part of some swerve or some massive story line where we're going to see Kenny turn up and become this gigantic big star that everyone is expecting him to be. Keep in mind this is a company that can't even keep their story lines straight week to week and has gaping holes in almost every story they do.

Kenny now is an expensive midcarder for AEW and will remain that way whilst working the occasional main event.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
He's the VP and he's booking himself as others have said. He's being lax. He knows what people are saying and thinking. Even JR commented on it on live TV. I honestly think they are planning a swerve with Omega turning heel on Hangman Page instead of the other way around. Which would put Kenny on OP levels, because then he would probably go on to beat Page, then Moxley, which would be glorious. Then drunken Page comes back for revenge. There are so many ways they can go with the overall storyline. AEW has a sleeping mega star on their hands and they know it. He'll turn up when he sees fit. Just because you don't like his current booking doesn't mean it was a mistake. He can change his image within weeks whenever he wants to.
If peoples want the cleaner to be back then a heel turn is needed.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Chip ..Bro...did you make an account just to shitpost AEW ? You literally spout the same crap
Now as far as this thread..

Kenney is where Kenny wants to be ..if him or any of the elite were booked the way you guys wanted you would just complain they were booking themselves in the top spots ...the company is less than a year old and pretty much had to put most of their ideas on ice do to this pandemic ..I know wwe ruined long term stories for alot but damn chill and let things play out completely

·
Banned
2,795 Posts
The face of a still-born almost non-existent expansion without a tv deal

riiiightt..... mistakes.....
If we are using baby analogies it was probably aborted the moment the gaijins they were going to build around left after making them think they were there to stay

1 - 20 of 70 Posts