Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He’s wrestling’s king of controversy and the best thing since Elvis Presley. Now former WCW tag team champion Paul Roma returns to ClubWWI.com with James Guttman for an all new one hour edition of his long running audio show “Glorious”. Like all the past episodes, this one is full of shock and awe as the former Horseman addresses tons of topics including Ric Flair’s WWE Hall of Fame induction, being excluded from the Horsemen induction, society’s anti-bullying crusade, how Paul told his own son to handle a bully, why so many women cheat on their husbands today, Gorilla Monsoon, Hulk Hogan’s ill-fated retweet, and more. For a full list of topics, click here.

When the subject of WWE Raw’s move to three hours comes up, James mentions how three hours seems too long to do anything. With three hour Raws, two hour Smackdowns, two web shows, and a three hour PPV – weeks with pay-per-views will have 10 hours of new wrestling content. It feels like way too much and a misstep. Roma gives his theory on why this is happening.

“Maybe he’s testing the waters to see how many suckers there are out there…Maybe if you add in a lot of commercials and get endorsements from that. It has to be about making money. At the end of the day do you seriously think (Vince) cares about the fans anymore?…We can go back and forth until we’re blue in the face. It’s not gonna change anything. He’s an egomaniac. He thinks everything he touches turns to gold. That’s why he brings back the Hogans and Flairs and he thinks it’s gonna make him money and it flops. You’d think he’s have learned when he tried to start his own bodybuilding federation. Then he tried to get into football. Had his own league. Then he tried to promote boxing. He makes movies. And he flops. But he’s that guy who looks in the mirror and says, ‘Wow. I’m doing well.’ Well, it ain’t from everything else you’re doing because everything else you’re doing flopped. Now he’s losing sight of what got his company to where it was. Maybe he has so much money, he doesn’t have to. I don’t know.”

Guttman interjects that it sometimes feels like the man who profited the most from wrestling and controls the wrestling industry actually despises wrestling. It feels as though Vince is embarrassed by it and wishes he was famous for something else. JG brings up the chapter in his first book “World Wrestling Insanity” that lists the words announcers were told not to say on TV. One of them – wrestling. Paul responds and it’s a doozy.

“I think Vince should have realized he didn’t have the power he thought he had when he went up against WWF for the rights to (the name) and he lost. He had to change to WWE. That should have told you something. He beat the drug investigation. He beat that. Then he does the battle with WWF and he lost that. Then he did movies and he lost that. Then he promotes boxing, he loses that. Promote football, loses that. Tries to create his own bodybuilding world, he loses that. But, like the fat girl in the mirror with her skirt hiked up to her ass, exploding through it, he doesn’t see it. He just doesn’t see it. He’s a very jealous, insecure man. Hence back to Power and Glory. They didn’t create our dolls because he never liked me. He’s jealous of me. Couldn’t look like me. Couldn’t get the women I got. Couldn’t have the body I had, and still have. A little smaller, but still. He didn’t have the security that I have. The self confidence that I have. So he pushes people back. Don’t do this. Don’t do that. Don’t create t-shirts for Power and Glory. Don’t send them to the top. Get them close, but then pull them back down. Then split the team up. That’s him, man. That’s what he’s all about. He can look in the mirror and see what he wants to see, but the people who know him, know the real him. And if he looks deep enough, he knows the real him. He’s just a punk ass bitch.”

Source : lordofpain.net

What do you think of this guys opinion about Vince do you agree?

·
Banned
4,704 Posts
I thought "interesting" until he started with the crap about praising Power & Glory.
I even agree mostly on the first part but when he started talking about Power & Glory, dolls and the women he proved that he is nothing else than a bitter man who is bitter that Vince never hired him back, even only for one night when they have battle royals at the Raw anniversary shows.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Who the fuck is Paul Roma? Vince is a fucking business genius and anyone who says otherwise just because he had a few flops like every business does, is stupid. If he's embarrassed by wrestling, you'd think he would know to stop making a fucking fool out of himself, like he used to on a regular basis.

Stupid jealous twat this Paul Roma is I think.

·
Premium Member
15,077 Posts
Paul Roma wasn't shit. He didn't deserve a push in WWE, shouldn't have been a Horsemen and is completely irrelevant to wrestling.

Seriously, he thought Power & Glory should have got a push and merchandise? They were basically jobbers. He was in WWE for 6 years, mainly as a tag team wrestler and with teams like the Hart Foundation, British Bulldogs, Demolition, Legion of Doom, Rockers, Brain Busters, Nasty Boys and I'm sure many I'm forgetting, what made him think even deserved what he did get?

Fuck Paul Roma. Another wrestler that didn't amount to shit because he sucked but is quick to blame somebody else and say Vince was jealous of him. Yeah, a billionaire jealous of a jobber from the 80's. I've heard it all now.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Who is Paul Roma?

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Elvis isn't the best at anything.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Looks like Paul Roma's trolling was successful.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I think he is pissed Vince hates tag teams. People talk about all the legendary teams around when Power And Glory came about but then everyone forgets Demolition,LOD,Rockers and The Hart Foundation were all gone within a year. Power And Glory as a top cotender team would have made better sense then Money Inc,The Beverly Brothers and The Nasty Boys.

·
Registered
8,365 Posts
He’s jealous of me. Couldn’t look like me. Couldn’t get the women I got. Couldn’t have the body I had, and still have. A little smaller, but still. He didn’t have the security that I have. The self confidence that I have. So he pushes people back. Don’t do this. Don’t do that. Don’t create t-shirts for Power and Glory. Don’t send them to the top. Get them close, but then pull them back down. Then split the team up. That’s him, man. That’s what he’s all about. He can look in the mirror and see what he wants to see, but the people who know him, know the real him. And if he looks deep enough, he knows the real him. He’s just a punk ass bitch.”
:lmao :lmao

Vince to Linda at 3:00 at night : "Goddamn it Linda , i'm a certified billionere , the king of the biggest wrestling/sports entertainment empire ever , a household name , my own 300 private jets , my name in the walk of fame , hell even the greatest keyfabe heel in wrestling , but damn it i'm no paul roma .. what to do what to do what to do ?! "

·
Premium Member
15,077 Posts
I think he is pissed Vince hates tag teams. People talk about all the legendary teams around when Power And Glory came about but then everyone forgets Demolition,LOD,Rockers and The Hart Foundation were all gone within a year. Power And Glory as a top cotender team would have made better sense then Money Inc,The Beverly Brothers and The Nasty Boys.
Power & Glory broke up in 1991 and Roma left later that year, LOD remained till 1992 and at that point, you still had LOD, The New Foundation, Natural Disasters, Orient Express, Headshrinkers & The Bushwhackers.

Roma is just pissed because he isn't as big as he claims and doesn't realize that between 1985-1991, he's lucky he wasn't a total jobber and got a somewhat decent run as 1 half of the Young Stallions. You don't see Jim Powers everywhere complaining and he remained a jobber for the rest of his career.

Roma lucky he lasted that long in WWE, as I don't see what potential he may have had. He sucked and was a slap in the face to the legacy of the Horsemen. He did have a decent run with Paul Orndorff but it doesn't change the fact that Roma wasn't shit.

·
Premium Member
4,082 Posts
I think he had a mediocre career in my opinion, nothing special at all. I don't really think he did deserve that position with the Horsemen at all. It started with an interesting read, but ended with a bitter note which made me cringe honestly.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Paul Roma was a good wrestler who could have done allot with the push some of the guys get now. Power & Glory were a wicked tag team and worked really well together had some buzz but never really gotten a chance to blow

He did well with what he was given in WWE I think he was better than allot of the tag teams they kept up.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts