Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This normally wouldn't warrant a thread, but things have been a little slow lately. I was wondering if everybody else is as pumped for raw next week as I am? I grew up with 90's WWF so I can't wait. I'm a 5 hour drive from Hershey,PA and I'd love to be there but unfortunately I'm a broke college kid. Anyways, what are you most looking forward to? For me, it's the opening video to see what it'll be like, the set they use, red white and blue ropes(?), and I'm just curious about the show in general. Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I'm not too excited.

We'll get the same boring, contrived "storylines" existing on RAW, i.e. Cena/Barrett/Orton, Diva bathroom break, squash match of same kind, a joke segment involving most likely a Legend, and a "mega" match of some kind.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Well considering on Raw this week the only names said were Piper, Snuka, Iron Sheik. I'm expecting nothing!
Expecting nothing is the best thing
If it sucks, then you won't be disappointed and if its good that's a cool surprise

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
I can't say I'm exactly excited about this three hour RAW because it mostly means we'll see alot of old stars I honest couldn't care less about. I didn't grow up during the old school RAW days, so nobody really interests me. Plus, with Survivir Series that Sunday, and with hardly any build for anything else...should they not concentrate on their current storylines and superstars in preperation for a PPV?

Anyways...I heard Howard Finkel might be announcing...that's a positive.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Sheik will be there. On his Twitter he promised to make Nexus humble. If thats not a good enough reason for you to watch then fuck you.
I can't find the words to describe how much I agree with this.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
I'm hoping for some Legends Lumberjack match between third generation superstars, Ted DiBiase vs Cody Rhodes perhaps? Anyway, i'm looking forward to see this episode.

·
Number 30 in the Rumble
1,629 Posts
Are these guys actually wrestling or just making appearances? If they're all wrestling the show could be awful.

Plus, with Survivir Series that Sunday, and with hardly any build for anything else...should they not concentrate on their current storylines and superstars in preperation for a PPV?
Definitely, I hope they work these veterans into the current storylines and use them to further the feuds currently happening, it would be terrible if the currrent storylines and wrestlers took a back seat with Survivor series a week away.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Not to be an asshole but if you weren't a fan back in the day pre-2000 and you're not interested don't bother watching. This is for us older fans.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
they should of kept lita until this old school raw

1 - 20 of 70 Posts