Wrestling Forum banner

Old School Nitro

1063 Views 8 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  bellywolves
I know that there is no chance in hell of this ever happening, but with the success of WWE Old School Raw, do you think it would be a good idea for WWE to do a 10th Anniversary Old School Nitro? I think an Old School Nitro would be great for fans to experience and a huge ratings success for the company, if WWE did everything they could to make it authentic...

Have Tony Schaivone and Bobby Heenan do the Broadcasting
Bring back the WCW Nitro Set
A Four Horsemen Reunion with Ric Flair, Tully Blanchard, Arn Anderson, James J. Dillon, and Barry Windam,
Golberg, Outsiders, Lex Lugar, Chris Jericho, "The Giant", Rey Mysterio, Chavo Guerrero, Dean Malenko, and Harlem Heat come in as the featured superstars.

What are your thoughts?
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Zombo
12,624 Posts
As cool as it would be for nostalgia's sake, there's so many reasons why what you've described above won't work, including (but not limited to):

- Heenan's health (I won't post the current photo of him because seeing it made me too sad
- Luger's health - I believe he had a stroke and is limited to walking and very few other physical activities
- Flair is signed by TNA

I do miss WCW and will watch old Nitros on YouTube every once and again for old time's sake :)

· Sleeps nude in an oxygen tent.
8,847 Posts
Can we randomly dump blood on the audience too and have WCW champion Vince Russo get Randy Ortond through a table? :D

But nah I'd be all for it, I know they probably wouldn't though. I'd personally like to see Dean Malenko VS Daniel Bryan, and Billy Kidman VS Rey Mysterio, and Booker T VS R-Truth as sort of a legends-modern-day dream match showdown.

But then knowing WWE they'd give all the old guys title shots JERRY THE KING LAWLER. NEVER FORGET.

There's one problem with your ideas.

The Brain can't talk anymore.
Really? I heard he could still talk but not enough to do color commentary for an entire show.

· Registered
314 Posts
There is a problem with the whole idea. The format of a Nitro is totally different than today's Raw. I remember Nitro (in its prime) having actual competitive matches (the kind that WWE tapes for Superstars), good back stage suprises, and a shocking ending each week that made you want to tune in the following week.

Even Bischoff said he wanted Nitro to be opposite of Raw in every way. Funny that even compared to todays product, Nitro (pre-Russo) is still pretty opposite of what we see in WWE today.

· Registered
37 Posts
I for one would love the idea, but don't think you'd be able to get enough big names in to make it a big night to be honest. I mean Kevin Nash would probably be the only original NWO member who would be there for starters! NWO effectively was the reason WCW started dominating in the ratings war.

· Banned
9,837 Posts
I have no urge to see Tank Abbott again thanks... All the people you've just mentioned are either beyond the health to even step ina ring, Heenan can't talk anymore, and the others have been in the WWE longer than they ever were in WCW. So yeah got no interest in it whatsoever.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.