Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Wrestling Observer is reporting that there is said to be discussion within WWE about holding an "Old School Nitro" episode for an upcoming Monday Night Raw following the success of this week's Old School Raw show.

I think it would be a cool show.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
It would be interesting to see Old School Nitro, especially considering most of the guys they'll bring back would be in better shape than the guys WWE brought back for old school raw so we could see more of them actually fighting.

Though would they really want to have the show called old school nitro or something? So for one night only, Raw is Nitro? I see WWE doing something like this but having a nitro show on SD.

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
The only way this would help ratings would be if it was a) 10 years ago and b) Sting, Hogan & Flair all appeared which I can't see happening.

Goldberg, Nash & Hall are good for entertainment, but who wants to see Waltman, Steiner and most probably Hugh Morris, Kevin Sullivan, Lex Luger & Sid? Come now, this is a different era and it is a COMPLETELY different thing from Old School Raw.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
It's called TNA Impact. [/Typical IWC Smark]

·
Celestial Messiah
33,588 Posts
To be fair, hes not wrong. I mean TNA has Foley, Nash (maybe), Sting, Flair, Hogan, Steiner (well, they did have him), Bischoff.

Technically it wouldve worked sooooo well back in January 4 Impact. They had the Nasty Boys and Razor there too!

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
would be nice maybe in the run up to mania if the WCW themed hall of fame is correct. Would be nice to see the nitro set on a monday night 1 more time. Bringing out the likes of DDP, The Steiners, Dean Malenko, Lex Lugar, goldberg, id watch. Plus any excuse to see Piper again is aleays a good thing.

·
Registered
813 Posts
It would be interesting to see Old School Nitro, especially considering most of the guys they'll bring back would be in better shape than the guys WWE brought back for old school raw so we could see more of them actually fighting.

Though would they really want to have the show called old school nitro or something? So for one night only, Raw is Nitro? I see WWE doing something like this but having a nitro show on SD.
...like who? Most of the guys are retired, really old, or way out of shape... same as we got with Old-School Raw. Anyone that isn't is still on the WWE Roster (Rey, Jericho, Regal, Finlay, etc.) and there wouldn't be much special about seeing them.

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
Fuck this constant obsession with bringing back ideas from a decade ago.

WCW is DEAD. Do you hear me? D-E-A-D. DEAD. And no one fucking cares. It's been 9 years.

WCW, ECW, nWo...leave the freakin memories alone. WWE doing old school WWE is fine and awesome, but WWE doing old school of another company is just stupid and destined for failure. And who are they gonna bring in from the old NWA/WCW, anyway? Dusty Rhodes? Oh, wait, that happened already this week. The only way such a show would even be worth having is if Sting showed, and Sting will not work for Vince McMahon.

WWE already bastardized WCW during the Invasion. That was enough. Leave it be.

·
Premium Member
5,644 Posts
There's no point when most of the main stars are in TNA, it would be like the alliance in 2001 (no starpower)

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
I would love to see Nash, Steiner, Booker T, Goldberg, and DDP on Raw for a night. I have no idea what they would do though..maybe a old school WCW verse Nexus match?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts