Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've witnessed since I've been here that if a wrestler gets good heat by acknowledging the crowd it's called cheap heat. Fair enough if someone says "this place sucks" etc it's cheap heat. Though, Vickie Guerrero has the infamous "excuse me" line which is clearly egging on the crowd to boo her, and she gets worshiped on here for her heat level. Fair enough, she's the most over heel by far, and I salute her. Michael Cole is another one with the "May I have your attention please?" line.

So the real point in this thread other than pointing out blatant hypocrisy is would it be wrong for let's say Ziggler or Miz to put a line in whilst getting boo'd? Like Ziggler is getting improved heat without Vickie now each week, but if he said "Why don't you just shut up and let me finish?" whilst getting boo'd would you class this as cheap heat? I think if he done that week in week out or any superstar for that matter, it could get them incredibly over very fast.

Vickie does it - She gets worshiped.
Wrestler does it - Cheap heat?

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
That's the way it goes, people are hypocrites. I don't even believe in cheap heat. If you want my opinion, I think if you're doing a job where you have to piss people off, you should be able to say whatever you think is gonna hurt them the most.

And somehow, this only applies to heels. I don't ever see anybody complaining about faces plugging the city they're in to get a pop.

·
Registered
13,217 Posts
If it pisses people off and you are a heel, you are doing your job. Doesn't matter if it is Vickie Guerrero or Chris Jericho.

·
Banned
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's the way it goes, people are hypocrites. I don't even believe in cheap heat. If you want my opinion, I think if you're doing a job where you have to piss people off, you should be able to say whatever you think is gonna hurt them the most.
Yes, I completely agree. If a superstar acted "cheap heat" week in week out they'd get insane heat just by showing up. Why don't Superstars do it then? Fair enough Miz & Punk throw the odd clever line to piss everyone off, but that's not for cheap heat that's just a sense of humor. So... why?

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
I never believed in "X-Pac heat". Heat is heat. And it's sad the two people that get the biggest heat is Vickie Guerrero and Michael Cole. They aren't even wrestlers. That says alot about the top heels right now, in my opinion.

Although i do think when heels focus on a sports team, it's "lazy heat". I hate when they do that. It's easy and uncreative to me.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I've always described cheap heat as something saying "You fans suck and I am better than you". It's almost guaranteed to get some major heat.

Ziggler's actually going a great job imo of getting heat not because of cheap heat but because he comes across as an arrogant tool so well.

·
Shitting On The Bastards Below
1,101 Posts
there is a difference between cheep heat and distasteful heat, the milkage of Eddie's death for example

·
8,232 Posts

And somehow, this only applies to heels. I don't ever see anybody complaining about faces plugging the city they're in to get a pop.
Completely agree. It doesn't really matter how you get the heat (for the most part) as long as you're over, and your execution is on point.

The only thing that could really be considered "cheap" is tagging a walking heat magnet like Vickie on Dolph Ziggler.

·
Banned
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
there is a difference between cheep heat and distasteful heat, the milkage of Eddie's death for example
I didn't reference anything like that... think before you post.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
I never believed in "X-Pac heat". Heat is heat. And it's sad the two people that get the biggest heat is Vickie Guerrero and Michael Cole. They aren't even wrestlers. That says alot about the top heels right now, in my opinion.

Although i do think when heels focus on a sports team, it's "lazy heat". I hate when they do that. It's easy and uncreative to me.
I don't think it says alot about the top heels, it says more about where kayfabe is at. CM Punk is an absolutely astonishing heel, but in today's era, inevitably, when someone like him starts to do TOO well, half the crowd starts cheering him because the art of illusion in wrestling has been totally shattered.

The only thing that could really be considered "cheap" is tagging a walking heat magnet like Vickie on Dolph Ziggler.
Hahaha, agree with that. Dude's hopeless by himself, he has the presence of a string bean.

·
1,101 Posts
I didn't reference anything like that... think before you post.
what are you talking about I never implied you referenced it maybe try calming down or cleaning the sand out of your vagina I was making a point that cheep heat doesn't particuarly offend me but distasteful heat does

·
Student of the game? I am the f***in' Game!!
8,351 Posts

The fact they're both inactive in the ring will tell you something about that.

It works because they have nothing likable about them. They're in no way hip. For active heels in the ring, at least they get to look cool.

Also doesn't help, that kayfabe is so tarnished. WWE probably thinks they're blurring reality when in fact they are removing their 4th wall. And people can easily see through the heels act.

·
Banned
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
what are you talking about I never implied you referenced it maybe try calming down or cleaning the sand out of your vagina I was making a point that cheep heat doesn't particuarly offend me but distasteful heat does
Link me to heat regarding Eddies death? Never seen it personally... that would be a new low.

And tbh Pyro, Ziggler is improving every week. I'm the same as you, I don't really watch it for the wrestling but Ziggler is an awesome worker. I say hands down better than Bryan but I'm ready for the flame. When he has decent mic time, he's generally good.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
And tbh Pyro, Ziggler is improving every week. I'm the same as you, I don't really watch it for the wrestling but Ziggler is an awesome worker. I say hands down better than Bryan but I'm ready for the flame. When he has decent mic time, he's generally good.
Bryan is WORLD'S above Ziggler. It's not even close.

His mic skills are pathetic, and he's actually turned into the guy I hate most in WWE because he just shouldn't be getting pushed, period. I know I complain about guys like Morrison and Swagger, but Ziggler is too far. This guy has NO presence. Fucking none. He couldn't be taken seriously if he was wrestling Justin Bieber.

·
1,101 Posts
Link me to heat regarding Eddies death? Never seen it personally... that would be a new low.

right well you clearly haven't watched much wrestling since Eddie has passed it was constantly bought up in his feud with Chavo and also Randy Orton told Rey that Eddie was in hell, im not going to give you a link to it as its a very well known and I would imagine 95% of this forum have already seen it...think before you post or maybe even watch some wrestling

·
Banned
1,063 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Lla5K9d64Q - It was the SmackDown after Rey won the Royal Rumble

It was the 1st SmackDown I'd watched since I was 10 & I instantly became an Orton fan - It just goes to prove heels are cool (I forgot who 'Eddie' was when I started watching again)

·
Registered
314 Posts
I guess I'm out of the loop. I always thought 'cheap heat' as well as 'cheap pops' were reactions to mentioning the city you are in. It's cheap in a sense that someone can roll into town, ask the guy at the front desk at the arena what people are passionate about in the area, then mention it to get a reaction (good or bad).

Someone getting boo'd in any city because you just can't stand them (whether they are arrogant or annoying)...well that's just someone doing their job as a heel.

·
Is a Snit Head
22,270 Posts
As long as you the people don't hate you so much that they change the channel you're getting good heat.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
VICKIe: SHES WHINEY ANNOYING UNESSISARY AND SCABBISH AS CHRIS THORNDYKE AND IS A HEEL YET USED TO BE MARRIED TO EDDIE(noone can deny this)

A Wrestler though: FOR GOODNESS SAKES ITS 2011, GET WITH THE TIMES, they are supposed to be better than that, less stereotypical mor original and more intelligent

1 - 19 of 19 Posts