Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you surf the dirt sheets like I do and you are familliar with Mark Madden or the rest of the IWC, you know that the collected wisdom feels that TNA has done everything wrong and continues to do everything wrong. The harshest of criticism has befell TNA from all angles and if we are honest with ourselves we know it's mostly warranted. I am a fan of TNA and I don't try to criticize them too much, but one must admit that they have done just about everything they could do to screw things up. With the EV.2 movement they seem to be continuing the trend and causing a lot of unrest under their own roof as well.

So with that said, I challenge you the readers to figure out what it is they have done right if anything.

What ideas have they used that you felt worked and had they continued with them could have equated to more fans, higher ratings, or higher buy rates for the PPV's?

What moves has TNA made since being on television that you think were steps in the right direction?

What are they currently doing(if anything) that you think is a good idea and will lead to either sustained numbers across the board or higher?

There will be a follow up thread to this, so stay tuned.
This post is O-V-A, OVA.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
30+ views and still no answers??? C'mon WF I thought you were better than this. Is it really that hard??? C'mon where are the elite of the site with some feedback??? I can't have the whole conversation on my own. Aren't there any hardcore TNA fans out there who want to stand up for thier favorite promotion??? Maybe this is the answer. Maybe the answer is NOTHING, maybe they have done nothing right.

·
Registered
823 Posts
I can think of quite a few things (MCMG for one), but it's 5 am and don't feel like making a well thought out post.

·
Banned
7,973 Posts
TNA has done a lot right for me entertainment wise. That's all that matters to me. I don't trip about other stuff like pushing old guys, TNA putting PPV quality shows on free TV and who goes over who too much I just watch the shows to be entertained not to pretend to be an owner of TNA. I understand that a lot of people would disagree with me but that's just my opinion.

I haven't had this much fun following a wrestling product since WWE in 2003

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
TNA is doing the best product in wrestling today,the matches are always worthy & the creative team is always creating funny/dramatic/athletic/intense feuds & storylines.

TNA=drama,sport,humour,violence

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Well it depends on what your view of right and wrong are.
Are we talking my personal enjoyment of tna or tna making higher
ratings and more money.

I'll assume you're talking about my opinion and enjoyment of the
product.First of all im not an armchair(computer chair in this case?)
booker.I dont sit around worrying about ratings or buy rates or
why arnt they pushing X young guy over Y old guy.I just watch it
for entertainment and fun.

Im currently enjoying most of the show right now.Its much better
than the MEM era of last year thats for sure.Im loving Ric Flair
and Fourtune.Probably my favorite stable in a very very long time.
MCMG are finally tag team champs!Beer Money has just came off a
great series with them and still look like a top tag team in TNA.
Abyss is a heel again,Angle is putting on amazing matches,
Pope is on tv weekly,KOs at least have a storyline going on(which
is an improvement over a couple months ago).Im also a sucker for
watching Sabu put someone though a table on occaision.
There is a ton to like and enjoy in TNA right now.Lots of great wrestling and fun promos.

Like 99% of whats on TV you need to relax the brain a little and enjoy it for what it is,entertainment.

If the whole booking,ratings,storylines are bothering anyone i suggest
they just do themselves a favor and stop watching.Because no matter
if its TNA,WWE or ROH i hardly doubt any of them are going to do any
major format changes anytime soon.

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,967 Posts
There are certain wrestlers that show incredible professionalism, in the face of adversity.

Kurt Angle, Doug Williams, MCMGs...about 7 or 8 other people.

Those guys are what's right.

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
TNA created HOPE. That's what they have done right.

Over the last 8 years they brought in great talents and started them off. By doing so they got fans involved with the hope and whish to see TNA succeed. - Just to f*ck us over and over, by betraying exactly this image of a young company (which was building new stars in more than one weight and style class). They did so by letting them starve and rot on the mid card ranks, even if the same guys were the most over and hottest guys in the company.

They did it to protect Jeff Jarrett and their selfish mentality to not let anyone new surpass JJ & his befriended oldies. They claim good intentions, but it's a totally different thing for them, when those "inexperienced" guys with a different business mind set suddenly are more popular than they have ever been. At this point the help always turned into sabotage.

But by just starving (and not instantly killing) all their good YOUNG & NEW things they still manage to keep their most loyal fans around. Every day/month/year fans hope, it will turn around and they finally establish the guys that are CLOSE to success, who already have everything, who are over for years, and who where promised to be "the future of TNA" 5 years ago.

THIS is the great business concept of TNA and the reason why it still has old fans, and why I personally stayed loyal to them for years during REALLY BAD SHIT, and why I still watch often by custom.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,788 Posts
The Motor City Machine Guns are awesome, the tag division is sound and Ric Flair is being used more correctly than he was some months back... though the emphasis is still largely on him, but he's still being used considerably better than he was earlier in the year.

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,206 Posts
Well, the one obvious thing they are doing right now is the tag team division. With groups like London Brawling, Generation Me, Beer Money and MCMG the tag team wrestling is top notch and only shows signs of improving.

That is the one thing I can look to TNA and show people and say "There. That is some rock solid wrestling."

·
Banned
1,210 Posts
They are doing nothing that is correct at the moment. They have continued to push Abyss and this EV2 thing (focusing on old guys who can't wrestle anymore), the ratings buckled, and reports are saying that morale is at its lowest point ever in TNA.

They have put the emphasis is on Abyss while Tomko is fired, Joe was suspended for a month speaking out against Russo's BS, and Wolfe is not even wrestling on Impact (because he is "difficult to work with"). Desmond Wolfe received 200% more votes than Abyss in TNA's own polls.

Their priorities are all screwed up. TNA's message to fans, "who cares what the internet wants." TNA's old men don't get it, everyone is the internet now-- the internet can make a hit show/movie/album these days and they are still living in this world where the internet is the sworn enemy.

People running TNA see us as kids-- they're 40 and 50 and 60 years old and it doesn't matter if the viewers are 30 and have college degrees-- they're still kids on the internet to the powers that be; and they get the ratings they deserve for treating the audience as such.

·
Registered
932 Posts
MCMGs vs Beer Money was epic
Fortune is made up of guys we all wanna see and are all young TNA originals
Flair is doing a hell of a job putting over young guys
Wolfe and Magnus together is epic
Gen Me got some time on impact recently and put on a great match
Joe looks like he is being used right now (not on anyones side but his own)

·
Banned
8,966 Posts
The tag team division, Fourtune, good wrestling, seeing guys like Angle, Anderson and Pope among others. I was glad to see Rhino in a more prominent role on the last Impact too.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
The Tag division (duh)

More focus on the younger generation. (It's better than 2009, at least.)

A more professional look.

MCMG as champs.

(That's just off the top of my head)

·
Registered
581 Posts
TNA currently has the best wrestling product right now! Daniel Bryan and Kaval are the only good thing about that other company at the moment. I am actually loving TNA at the moment, yes I totally agree Russo is full of bs and the old guys really need to make way for the younger wrestlers but Fourtune, the tag team division and the likes of Hardy/Pope/Anderson are great.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
TNA is only doing two things right

1. The Tag Team Division. Incredible stuff now with MCMG, Beer Money, London Brawling, etc.

2. Explanding Globally. They are pretty big right now in the UK and other countries like India too.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts