Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
501 Posts
I quite like him as well. I could see this turning into something big eventually. They make him look like a total loser every week, then one week he pops up on smackdown and is a surprise winner of a ten man over the top battle royale for a shot at the intercontinental title. Then the champion (I know it's Kofi at the moment, but I'd actually quite like to see Jack Swagger or Drew McIntyre do this because they're heels) tells Dibiase that after how big of a loser he was on RAW, he(the champ) is not so sure a title shot should be granted. They face off one on one. You could either have Dibiase lose cleanly and then have him aggressively pursue the title by facing someone like Kofi, Drew, Swagger, Justin Gabriel, Chris Masters, or Trent Baretta maybe. You'd have to put him over cleanly, or have him lose by interference or something. He'd keep interrupting or popping up at the champion's matches, hopefully having some sort of build to it such as: guest commentating (hopefully no interference for a change), then the champ would have a tag match next week against someone of importance (hard to find, I know) and you would have Dibiase be the other team's partner. He'd still be less under the limelight in that tag match being the partner of, say, the actual number one contender for the IC title. It doesn't really matter who wins that one, I just wouldn't have Dibiase get the win, though his team could. Then a triple threat match the next week between The champion, his tag partner from last week, and the actual number one contender. Dibiase would then attack the champion's tag partner from last week backstage and take his spot in the match. (Mind you If they did that I'd really enjoy it if they didn't show that the partner was attacked backstage and Dibiase just came out like he was originally part of the match) From there you have the number one contender lose, either being pinned by the champion or Dibiase. The next week the champion has a match with the number one contender and Dibiase straight up interferes, coming down to the ring and attacking the champ causing a DQ and sending the champion and challenger out of the ring. Then you have Dibiase demand that he get his title shot back. The Champ says if he can beat the number one contender at the pay per view he'll give him a title shot, again. At the pay per view, you have Dibiase lose by some sort of dirty tactics after a long, hard worked match. Then Teddy Long comes out (if he's back by then) and announces that he's had his eye on this little feud and he's going to give Dibiase his title shot regardless at the next pay per view in a triple threat match for the IC title.

After that I don't really care. We'd have some sort of midcard feud in existence. Good enough for me.

· Premium Member
501 Posts
Yeah, after watching Daniels vs. Dibiase on NXT, I honestly can't think of him as anything but a face. He's called a loser, looked at as a loser, the woman who accompanies him is shocked when he wins, she's a total bitch to him in general, etc. The commentators talked up Bryan and the fans all cheered for him. Bryan seemed billed as the clear better man in this match, and to see him start off pretty much owning Dibiase actually made me root for Ted. When a "superstar" can catch my sympathies, I consider that pretty golden/effective. He didn't have to cut a promo or anything.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.