Wrestling Forum banner

OK So...

3302 42
Did Debiase sleep with Stephanie or something

i have never seen a guy get so buried this bad MVP and carlito never got it this bad:no:

get slapped by his girl and KO'd by a 60 year old man LOLOL
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

· Premium Member
13,789 Posts
He needs a complete character change. People just don't buy into the whole "I'm rich" gimmick; it's just copying what's already been done. I'd like to see DiBiase throw away the rich gimmick and become more aggressive, so that people will start taking him more seriously.

· Registered
5,163 Posts
Now i know how Alex Riley fans feel when Riley always got owned by Lawler, it's just plain embarrassing and kinda disheartening to watch. fpalm

TKOW is right, the problem is the audience don't buy into his character at all, he's clearly 'acting' to be a rich guy and that's not good, he's just not heelish enough to play this kind of character. Even someone like Del Rio (who portrays similar character) still struggles to get heat even though he does 10x times better job at portraying it, that's because this kind of gimmick is already kinda played out.

WWE did a fatal mistake by booking him like a complete loser because it does more harm than good, why would people care about loser? It's difficult for him to recover now.

Ted has already added more aggressive style into his in-ring work and that suits him better, but the problem is it doesn't mesh well with his whole rich kid persona so he has to throw this millionaire thingy away first. He seems more like a natural babyface to me (he looks like a legit nice guy judging based on his tweets) so maybe a face turn will do wonders for him and people will probably start buying into his actions.

· Banned
4,461 Posts
I can't believe they got Drew Mac winning on Smackdown and are jobbing this kid out and just burying him beyond belief. I never thought they would do the son of the Million Dollar Man like this.

· Registered
2,266 Posts
He needs an overhaul, we already have ADR as the "Hey I'm Rich" guy, Maryse has done nothing for his character, the Million Dollar belt did more for Goldust, he needs to dissapear for a while, come back with a a beard and grow his hair out and start kicking some ass.

· Registered
1,706 Posts
His gimmick sucks and is unoriginal as a gimmick can be imo. I think he does pretty well in the ring, but he lacks in the charisma department. I wouldn't mind if he would be released, but I wouldn't mind if he stays also tbh. I realy, realy just don't care for Ted atm!

· Registered
4,724 Posts
Did Debiase sleep with Stephanie or something

i have never seen a guy get so buried this bad MVP and carlito never got it this bad:no:

get slapped by his girl and KO'd by a 60 year old man LOLOL
Wait, what?!?!? If he was sleeping with Stephanie, he would be an over 10 time World champion and always be put in the title match situations.

what you are saying makes no sense.

Sleeping with Stephanie only enhances your career.

· Registered
5,458 Posts
I think the best thing for Ted would be to be put out of action and come back completely overhauled. Fans don't hate the rich characters the way they used to and Ted does a shitty job of portraying one anyway. Have another heel 'injure' him, keep him off TV for 6 months, and then re-debut him as a face looking for revenge. People seem to eat up these badass face characters so it's worth a shot because all he's good for right now it putting on a decent match when he gets a little time.

· Recognize
21,327 Posts
Wait, what?!?!? If he was sleeping with Stephanie, he would be an over 10 time World champion and always be put in the title match situations.

what you are saying makes no sense.

Sleeping with Stephanie only enhances your career.
I think the OP means did he sleep with Stephanie now that she is married to HHH and therefore that is why he's getting buried lately.

· Premium Member
501 Posts
I quite like him as well. I could see this turning into something big eventually. They make him look like a total loser every week, then one week he pops up on smackdown and is a surprise winner of a ten man over the top battle royale for a shot at the intercontinental title. Then the champion (I know it's Kofi at the moment, but I'd actually quite like to see Jack Swagger or Drew McIntyre do this because they're heels) tells Dibiase that after how big of a loser he was on RAW, he(the champ) is not so sure a title shot should be granted. They face off one on one. You could either have Dibiase lose cleanly and then have him aggressively pursue the title by facing someone like Kofi, Drew, Swagger, Justin Gabriel, Chris Masters, or Trent Baretta maybe. You'd have to put him over cleanly, or have him lose by interference or something. He'd keep interrupting or popping up at the champion's matches, hopefully having some sort of build to it such as: guest commentating (hopefully no interference for a change), then the champ would have a tag match next week against someone of importance (hard to find, I know) and you would have Dibiase be the other team's partner. He'd still be less under the limelight in that tag match being the partner of, say, the actual number one contender for the IC title. It doesn't really matter who wins that one, I just wouldn't have Dibiase get the win, though his team could. Then a triple threat match the next week between The champion, his tag partner from last week, and the actual number one contender. Dibiase would then attack the champion's tag partner from last week backstage and take his spot in the match. (Mind you If they did that I'd really enjoy it if they didn't show that the partner was attacked backstage and Dibiase just came out like he was originally part of the match) From there you have the number one contender lose, either being pinned by the champion or Dibiase. The next week the champion has a match with the number one contender and Dibiase straight up interferes, coming down to the ring and attacking the champ causing a DQ and sending the champion and challenger out of the ring. Then you have Dibiase demand that he get his title shot back. The Champ says if he can beat the number one contender at the pay per view he'll give him a title shot, again. At the pay per view, you have Dibiase lose by some sort of dirty tactics after a long, hard worked match. Then Teddy Long comes out (if he's back by then) and announces that he's had his eye on this little feud and he's going to give Dibiase his title shot regardless at the next pay per view in a triple threat match for the IC title.

After that I don't really care. We'd have some sort of midcard feud in existence. Good enough for me.

· Registered
94 Posts
Don't understand the Ted hate, I think he's actually pretty decent. Definitely needs to change his gimmick though it's not working for him at all. Guy puts on a good match, and isn't the worst on the mic so would love to see him chasin US or IC title. Maybe even throw him in a tag team and have him chase the titles. Face turn would do him wonders.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.