Wrestling Forum banner

81 - 93 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Charlotte is the one to beat if you wanna make a name for yourself in the women division, in a way she is like Triple H 2003-2010 era, she is the measure stick.

She has the look and height.
She has the in-ring crediiblity
She has the promo skills.
She has a last name that already gives her another status.

Asuka, Bazsler, Ripley and the like will come and go, Charlotte will be there winning championships and increasing her legacy.

Charlotte can go to NXT to work with Shirai, LeRae, Shotzi and even lose a match against them, but when the big events approach she will be back in the main storlyine of the division.

To me she and Io Shirai are the best thing of the women division so I'm not mad of another title reign for her, but if you can't stand her....well I got bad news for you.

The Queen it's here to stay.
You're half right, she has the look and the name, but you dont have the worst match of this wrestling cycle and get to brag about in ring credibility. And yea, Charlie is here to stay, not because of talent but because of nepotism So good for her I guess.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I mean Charlotte is going to have to put someone over now as shes probably not going to be on NXT indefinitely. Will it be Rhea in a rematch/trilogy, Io (we can dream right), someone else?

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Welp, now she's off to kill the NxT women's division.

I don't think I've watched a match featuring Charlotte since her SD Women's Championship match with Bayley. It's impossible for me to get invested in anything Charlotte does because of how WWE books her. Even when she loses she has to be protected and get's in way too much offense. WWE has pretty much ruined Charlotte for me which is sad because she was once one of my favorites.

If Ripley won then I would have watched the replay. But since she lost, there's no reason for me to even look the match up. That's how I determine whether to watch a Charlotte match at this point.

·
Registered
2 Posts
thought rhea was excellent not really a fan of Charlotte was hoping for a miracle and Rhea would win it but wasnt a realistic possibility.

Was a good match i felt and am sure Rhea will be here for years to come

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Does it look like downgrade for Charlotte when she win the NXT women's title for second times?

This is what make NXT interesting since beginning but after Joe and Nakamura win the title for second times,I think Triple H went too far with it. The whole Championship in NXT supposedly only become trophy when you gain highest point in one season of competition in second Division and get promote to Top Division,like Championship Division to Premier League, no need to win for second times.

·
Southern Pride
3,240 Posts
Charlotte to me resembles Jillian Hall. In appearance they're very similar with same facial features & Body type. Plus both have grating heel style on mic. Coming out of ovw Jillian was smoother in the ring & could move between spots like she was in a real match which is something Charlotte has never mastered.
Interesting if Charlotte wasn't Ric Flair's daughter her career trajectory would be more in line with Jillian Hall. She could be wearing a big mole on her face.
The only resemblance is that they are both blonde and have had some work done. Charlotte is still far better in the ring and on the mic. than Jillian. Charlotte has natural athletic ability that people don't seem to grasp.

If Charlotte wasn't Ric Flairs daughter and still somehow got inspired to get in to pro wrestling she still would have done well. She looks like an actual star. Jillian Hall is only 5'6 with bigger boobs and a much worse looking face.

I respect Jillian, but it's silly to even bring her up. Her whole career in the WWE was about how ugly and annoying she was because she wasn't that amazing in the ring. Jillian is closer to Dana Brooke than Charlotte.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
The only resemblance is that they are both blonde and have had some work done. Charlotte is still far better in the ring and on the mic. than Jillian. Charlotte has natural athletic ability that people don't seem to grasp.

If Charlotte wasn't Ric Flairs daughter and still somehow got inspired to get in to pro wrestling she still would have done well. She looks like an actual star. Jillian Hall is only 5'6 with bigger boobs and a much worse looking face.

I respect Jillian, but it's silly to even bring her up. Her whole career in the WWE was about how ugly and annoying she was because she wasn't that amazing in the ring. Jillian is closer to Dana Brooke than Charlotte.

Are you serious? Do you realize the reason why Jillian Hall look lame because the booking made her look like blonde bimbo and play goofy act . Do you realize she came same era with Mickie James,Beth Phoenix,Melina, the era where the women did wrestling by using the psychology aspect, something that very rare these day. Do you also realize if Charlotte is exist during their era, I'm sorry mate, I'm not sure Charlotte couldn't hang up, watch how brutal OVW 2004-2005 class with women, they were almost fight like a men.

Jillian character was so rude and she can make audiences totally hate her but it because she was heel, watch her match from OVW and she's not like Dana Brooke, if the women's direction back then like today, Jillian Hall will become one of their top superstar, because her act, mannerisms could sell.

Edit : the crappy singing gimmick was on Jillian call, Michelle McCool told about Jillian want different route and went to Finley(Fit) then say she's great singer like Britney and they test it and out of expectation, it works and it became her gimmick. Well,at least she have courage to do something different.

Here's one of match that prove she still abilities despite she was just play supporting role.

·
Southern Pride
3,240 Posts

Are you serious? Do you realize the reason why Jillian Hall look lame because the booking made her look like blonde bimbo and play goofy act . Do you realize she came same era with Mickie James,Beth Phoenix,Melina, the era where the women did wrestling by using the psychology aspect, something that very rare these day. Do you also realize if Charlotte is exist during their era, I'm sorry mate, I'm not sure Charlotte couldn't hang up, watch how brutal OVW 2004-2005 class with women, they were almost fight like a men.

Jillian character was so rude and she can make audiences totally hate her but it because she was heel, watch her match from OVW and she's not like Dana Brooke, if the women's direction back then like today, Jillian Hall will become one of their top superstar, because her act, mannerisms could sell.

Edit : the crappy singing gimmick was on Jillian call, Michelle McCool told about Jillian want different route and went to Finley(Fit) then say she's great singer like Britney and they test it and out of expectation, it works and it became her gimmick. Well,at least she have courage to do something different.

Here's one of match that prove she still abilities despite she was just play supporting role.

Yes, I know that Jillian was playing a heel and was on purpose bad on the mic. I fully realize what they were doing with Jillian. You don't have to explain it all. Yes, the crowd bought in to what she was doing too with the purposely bad singing. 100% not trying to discount her talent or success.

That still doesn't change what I said. I said that she was more like Dana Brooke because of her looks. Both have to use makeup to hide what they have done, Charlotte doesn't. Neither women are even Charlottes height/size or athletic ability. Yes, Jillian was better than Dana in the ring. Yes, Jillian is good in certain things in the ring.

Charlotte would have done well back when Jillian Hall was active. Charlotte would have done well in other eras of Womens Wrestling and no matter who she was working for. It's not like shes avoiding brutal fights and it's not like she is injury prone. If anything, shes dependable.

Jillian was good and underrated, but she wasn't that good to ever be at the top of a Womens Division. No one has to be to have success anyway.

At the end of the day these crazy comparisons with Charlotte is only done to insult her to make themselves feel better when they don't approve of her new success.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Oh @Southerner,first you imply her have same skills and level with Dana Brooke and now you just pointed out they're same by the look. Charlotte would absolutely don't stand a chance and back then Ric's influence didn't strong enough like today, so she might end up like generic divas if WWE apply whole Ric Flair attributes to her, there were lot talented women back then but only few can survive.

Athletic ability? Tell her to work out on her lower part so she will no have doubt to execute moonsault and not land with her foot then pretend it hit perfectly.

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
The whole women's division needs to Fuck Off. For that matter, as most of them are ugly anyway, including your Charlotte. And why the fuck would you defend a woman anyway? Lol.

I'd only retain Mandy rose and Lana, and Zelina. Nobody wants to see ugly women wrestle for 30 mins and saturate the damn wrestling show week in and week out.
2020. People like this still exist. Sad.

81 - 93 of 93 Posts