Wrestling Forum banner

61 - 80 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
6,245 Posts
That was best match of Ripleys career by a country mile.

You open yourself to rematch where Ripley should win months down the line
Or you know, put her and NXT over huge by letting her win at Mania, But nope, Charlotte's gotta get to Daddy Ric's title record. Also ask Sasha or Asuka how losing to Charlotte "helped them."

70 Posts
The whole women's division needs to Fuck Off. For that matter, as most of them are ugly anyway, including your Charlotte. And why the fuck would you defend a woman anyway? Lol.

I'd only retain Mandy rose and Lana, and Zelina. Nobody wants to see ugly women wrestle for 30 mins and saturate the damn wrestling show week in and week out.
first paragraph is correct but the problem with the second one is that mandy and zelina are also ugly lol so..and lana is ALMOST ugly too,just a tad more attractive than those uggos

·
Registered
11,747 Posts
Or you know, put her and NXT over huge by letting her win at Mania, But nope, Charlotte's gotta get to Daddy Ric's title record. Also ask Sasha or Asuka how losing to Charlotte "helped them."
Becky seems ok after losing to Charlotte. It's harder to get someone over huge than simply beating a bigger name. Charlotte's own debut on Raw was loss to Nattie let's not forget.

Reil's post below probably addresses why they are easing back on Ripleys push a little.

I dunno if she's gonna win the title back, or at least from Charlotte. One of the reasons people were cooling off on her is because her promos are the absolute goddamn worst, and her character work was all over the place. She was also frequently outshined by Bianca and Io. And its pretty clear the audiences prefer those two over Rhea.

I also have to wonder if one of the reasons she lost the title is because Rhea has some maturity issues still. She frequently vanity searches herself on Twitter and attacks fans who criticize her (no matter how minor or inoffensive the criticism may be). On top of being a huge advocate of Ronnie Radke, who WWE has issues with.

·
Southern Pride
3,372 Posts
Before this feud with Ripley, Charlotte hasn't been in the title picture (other than tag team, which she lost to Kabuki Warriors) since last fall with Bayley. Like, y'all need to come up with something more accurate.

Also, Sasha and Asuka is a whole different situation. They have lost to other women too. Asuka has lost to Mandy Rose. Sasha is busy trying to get Bayley over as a heel. That must be Charlottes fault too.

Ripleys reign was a success by just getting the belt off of Shayna. She is young and will be fine.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Before this feud with Ripley, Charlotte hasn't been in the title picture (other than tag team, which she lost to Kabuki Warriors) since last fall with Bayley. Like, y'all need to come up with something more accurate.

Also, Sasha and Asuka is a whole different situation. They have lost to other women too. Asuka has lost to Mandy Rose. Sasha is busy trying to get Bayley over as a heel. That must be Charlottes fault too.

Ripleys reign was a success by just getting the belt off of Shayna. She is young and will be fine.
Charlotte won rumble for no reason & got match with Trish while top female faced jobber Nattie at 2nd biggest show of year. She's beaten everyone on main roster & will now clean nxt before wrestlers there even get evaluated.

·
Registered
4,079 Posts

I love that the best excuse that Charlotte fans can come up with is that she hasnt been in the title picture since october. I guess being out of the championship picture for 3 months is a legit sacrifice for her nowadays.

Sasha and Asuka is only different because Vince's racism is what finished them off, she was his weapon of choice used to start their downfall. Hot up and coming star used to feed the flair mythos until she's all used up then she gets discarded and fed to others. Rhea still has some use, but Im sure part 2 will be coming up in a few months from now.

Funny people said the same thing about Sasha and 5 years later...

·
Southern Pride
3,372 Posts
Charlotte won rumble for no reason & got match with Trish while top female faced jobber Nattie at 2nd biggest show of year. She's beaten everyone on main roster & will now clean nxt before wrestlers there even get evaluated.
Charlotte won the Royal Rumble to get her to the NXT Championship. Their was a reason, even if she maybe could have gotten there without the Rumble win.

Who else was there to face Trish that would create as much buzz? If it was Becky then people would go nuts that a retired wrestler would get a title shot. Everyone else isn't on Charlottes level of popularity.

Jealousy of Charlotte.

Natalya was a Smackdown Womens Champion at one point. Sure, she loses often but shes not that much of a jobber like a Sarah Logan or Tamina. They had her go over Lacey more than once.

Who else has beaten a lot of the women on the main roster? Becky, Asuka and Bayley. Before Bayley turned heel she was beating everyone often, including Charlotte. Their is no one else on Smackdown that she hasn't defeated besides Sasha and Tamina. Asuka beat Mandy, Sonya, Becky, Charlotte, Natalya and several women as of Jan 2019 that usually lose.

As for NXT, Shayna went through everyone there and Ripley only had one or two that she hadn't defeated there. Bianca had been losing during her opportunities over and over again and that was way before Charlotte started returning to NXT.

·
Registered
4,446 Posts
Charlotte is the one to beat if you wanna make a name for yourself in the women division, in a way she is like Triple H 2003-2010 era, she is the measure stick.

She has the look and height.
She has the in-ring crediiblity
She has the promo skills.
She has a last name that already gives her another status.

Asuka, Bazsler, Ripley and the like will come and go, Charlotte will be there winning championships and increasing her legacy.

Charlotte can go to NXT to work with Shirai, LeRae, Shotzi and even lose a match against them, but when the big events approach she will be back in the main storlyine of the division.

To me she and Io Shirai are the best thing of the women division so I'm not mad of another title reign for her, but if you can't stand her....well I got bad news for you.

The Queen it's here to stay.

·
Registered
6,245 Posts
I love that the best excuse that Charlotte fans can come up with is that she hasnt been in the title picture since october. I guess being out of the championship picture for 3 months is a legit sacrifice for her nowadays.

Sasha and Asuka is only different because Vince's racism is what finished them off, she was his weapon of choice used to start their downfall. Hot up and coming star used to feed the flair mythos until she's all used up then she gets discarded and fed to others. Rhea still has some use, but Im sure part 2 will be coming up in a few months from now.

Funny people said the same thing about Sasha and 5 years later...
They also had her and Becky challenge for the tag belts, and elevated those belts, just to keep Charlotte in the main story on Raw until she won the Rumble. To the point that Becky didn't defend her title for months.

·
Banned
32 Posts
Charlotte is the one to beat if you wanna make a name for yourself in the women division, in a way she is like Triple H 2003-2010 era, she is the measure stick.

Asuka, Bazsler, Ripley and the like will come and go, Charlotte will be there winning championships and increasing her legacy.

Charlotte can go to NXT to work with Shirai, LeRae, Shotzi and even lose a match against them, but when the big events approach she will be back in the main storlyine of the division.

To me she and Io Shirai are the best thing of the women division so I'm not mad of another title reign for her, but if you can't stand her....well I got bad news for you.

Being like HHH isn't a good thing.

·
Registered
8,394 Posts
Charlotte for all her accolades will never really move the needle. She's like Sheamus. She may have a decorated legacy but nobody gives a shit because she lacks that one thing that connects with fans or any memorable image or standout characteristics. That's why people like Sasha and Asuka will be better remembered than her despite half the push--they've made more of an impact with less opportunities

She is also like HHH in many ways, in that most of his AE peers were better remembered than him. I called it way back in 2000 too. I predicted that despite his push, HHH would never be as remembered as Austin, Mankind, Rock, HBK, Bret, etc,. and some of them won a fraction of what he won.

·
This is my show now
1,356 Posts
Now Io Shirai will have to teach her how to land a moonsault. You just know they won't allow Io to use the moonsault in the match because she will show up Charlie. Io will then have to sell being impacted by the wind.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Charlotte won the Royal Rumble to get her to the NXT Championship. Their was a reason, even if she maybe could have gotten there without the Rumble win.

Who else was there to face Trish that would create as much buzz? If it was Becky then people would go nuts that a retired wrestler would get a title shot. Everyone else isn't on Charlottes level of popularity.

Jealousy of Charlotte.

Natalya was a Smackdown Womens Champion at one point. Sure, she loses often but shes not that much of a jobber like a Sarah Logan or Tamina. They had her go over Lacey more than once.

Who else has beaten a lot of the women on the main roster? Becky, Asuka and Bayley. Before Bayley turned heel she was beating everyone often, including Charlotte. Their is no one else on Smackdown that she hasn't defeated besides Sasha and Tamina. Asuka beat Mandy, Sonya, Becky, Charlotte, Natalya and several women as of Jan 2019 that usually lose.

As for NXT, Shayna went through everyone there and Ripley only had one or two that she hadn't defeated there. Bianca had been losing during her opportunities over and over again and that was way before Charlotte started returning to NXT.
You don't need to win rumble to challenge for nxt title - it's the development league. Charlotte is so stale every match up on main roster has been down to death.
As far as popularity Charlotte doesn't move merchandise or pop ratings. No argument can be that she is more popular than Sasha & Alexa who don't get anywhere near the exposure.

·
Registered
650 Posts

Charlotte to me resembles Jillian Hall. In appearance they're very similar with same facial features & Body type. Plus both have grating heel style on mic. Coming out of ovw Jillian was smoother in the ring & could move between spots like she was in a real match which is something Charlotte has never mastered.
Interesting if Charlotte wasn't Ric Flair's daughter her career trajectory would be more in line with Jillian Hall. She could be wearing a big mole on her face.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Well, it's interesting that someone brought Triple H, I'm thinking current super booking Charlotte is more projection of Triple H after The Rock and Stone Cold gone in summer 2002, Ric by himself carved his own name at NWA or WCW because his character was over to the fans and back then he fought with few top superstar to take his right.

I'm waiting until someone pointed out that Charlotte similar with Triple H while her bff, Becky would be look alike HBK.

61 - 80 of 93 Posts