Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
6,245 Posts
Charlotte was, the weakest part of the show. She cut the same fucking promo that she always does, still is doing the wannabe Ric stuff, and Charlotte, you yourself said that you needed the title to "make you." WWE really cannot think of anything new to do with her. I'm so glad that another up and comer had their momentum stomped on, for this.

·
Custom User Title
6,453 Posts
Yeah, Charlotte was completely fucking awful tonight with her promo. WWE is going to quickly realize that no one wants to see her as champion on NXT when they tune out during her god awful promos and segments on NXT. Especially when there is evidence she hasn't helped them ratings wise at all.

·
Banned
32 Posts
Yeah, Charlotte was completely fucking awful tonight with her promo. WWE is going to quickly realize that no one wants to see her as champion on NXT when they tune out during her god awful promos and segments on NXT. Especially when there is evidence she hasn't helped them ratings wise at all.
WWE isn't going to care.

·
Registered
4,999 Posts
What's a Bad Promo to you guys?

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
It's funny that people are so surprised that Charlotte beat Ripley. It was my prediction from day 1.
The only thing they're interested in with Charlotte is getting her championship reigns up the same number as her daddy, so they can get Cole to scream about it every time she is in the building.

In a way, winning the NXT title is a good thing, as it will put her in Takeover matches, so we should actually see something new from Charlotte now, rather than the same 4 moves in a different order every match. I think Charlotte is a good wrestler, who the WWE main roster style just doesn't suit all that much, and being back in NXT might actually make her matches worth watching again.

But yeah, anyone that actually thought Ripley was going over Flair at Mania ... I really don't know how you got to that conclusion, given Charlotte's history.

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,248 Posts
I didn't think the promo was all that bad, just typical.
She's incapable of saying 50 words without 4 of them being "my father, Ric Flair" yet she gets so riled up when people call her a Ric Flair ripoff.
I also thought it was odd saying that she needed to win the NXT belt to be made. Why didn't being NXT champion for 8 months make her then? Why didn't being the last Divas champion and inaugural Women's champion by beating Sasha Banks and Becky Lynch at WM 32 and being the champion for 300 days make her? Its just odd.

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
3,105 Posts
still nowhere near as bad as wm34. i had forgotten until they re-showed it on raw, but asuka actually tapped to a WEAKER version of the figure 8 (figure 6?) because charlotte was not bridging with both hands. and charlotte at least worked rhea's leg a lot before applying it.

·
Custom User Title
6,453 Posts
Worth noting that the plan going forward is to portray Charlotte as a babyface according to WOR and Fightful.

It's going to backfire massively on them. Again.

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
still nowhere near as bad as wm34. i had forgotten until they re-showed it on raw, but asuka actually tapped to a WEAKER version of the figure 8 (figure 6?) because charlotte was not bridging with both hands. and charlotte at least worked rhea's leg a lot before applying it.
I think it was about the duration, in WM34 where the card were stacked, the agent from both performer may told them that they can't do any fancy thing because the duration not allowed them to have long match. The match between Asuka vs Charlotte lack of psychology play, that's why I despise it and like Tyrion ever said, Asuka should get her sad solo moment by staring the whole stadium after her first loss and see how crowds react with it but WWE switched it to comedy moment with Cena.

·
You're Pretty Good
9,814 Posts
The whole women's division needs to Fuck Off. For that matter, as most of them are ugly anyway, including your Charlotte. And why the fuck would you defend a woman anyway? Lol.

I'd only retain Mandy rose and Lana, and Zelina. Nobody wants to see ugly women wrestle for 30 mins and saturate the damn wrestling show week in and week out.
Your posts are shit.

·
Custom User Title
6,453 Posts
That was best match of Ripleys career by a country mile.

You open yourself to rematch where Ripley should win months down the line
I dunno if she's gonna win the title back, or at least from Charlotte. One of the reasons people were cooling off on her is because her promos are the absolute goddamn worst, and her character work was all over the place. She was also frequently outshined by Bianca and Io. And its pretty clear the audiences prefer those two over Rhea.

I also have to wonder if one of the reasons she lost the title is because Rhea has some maturity issues still. She frequently vanity searches herself on Twitter and attacks fans who criticize her (no matter how minor or inoffensive the criticism may be). On top of being a huge advocate of Ronnie Radke, who WWE has issues with.

·
Registered
6,245 Posts
All it showed me is that it's the same old shit with her, nothing new or interesting. Also if she's as great as WWE claims, why does she need the belt to "make an impact." It's like they have no faith in her if she's not constantly in the title picture.

And if she starts beating Io, Dakota, Candice, etc, WWE deserves whatever backlash they get.

41 - 60 of 93 Posts