Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
6,240 Posts
The Charlotte Flair program is about making Rhea Ripley a star. I've heard two independent sources compare her to a female Hulk Hogan. I'm sure that observation has been made within their circles too.

·
Registered
6,240 Posts
Hogan had way more charisma and drawing power than Rhea does.
I'm not going to argue the other way, but it's a little early to tell if Rhea's got something and could catch on. I doubt it will be Hulkamania or anything, but let's not hold her not being Hogan against her lol.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I most certainly hope none of them are!!! I despise Triple Threat and multi-person (non-tag or battle royal/Royal Rumble). These matches always feature someone or multiple people "taking a long nap".

As for Wrestlemania, the 3 Women's Title matches should be:

Becky vs. Shayna

Rhea vs. Charlotte

Bayley vs. Sasha

The first 2 matches appear to be a lock based on what we have been seeing on TV the past couple of weeks. On the SD side of things, unless they have a draft before WM, the only Wrestlemania worthy match is Bayley vs. Sasha.

It would may be tough to figure out who should be the heel or the face (I personally would turn Bayley back face sans hugging gimmick and let Sasha finally run with being a heel), but they are the only 2 women on Smackdown that can guarantee a good match. Other than looks and ok mic skills, Alexa Bliss does not bring much to the table in the ring and no one else is interesting enough for a one on one title match on big stage. Beyond Alexa, who wants to see Bayley vs. Lacey again or her take on Naomi or Carmella or Nikki Cross?? No one for dag on sure wants to see Dana Brooke in a title match at Wrestlemania.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I most certainly hope none of them are!!! I despise Triple Threat and multi-person (non-tag or battle royal/Royal Rumble). These matches always feature someone or multiple people "taking a long nap".

As for Wrestlemania, the 3 Women's Title matches should be:

Becky vs. Shayna

Rhea vs. Charlotte

Bayley vs. Sasha

The first 2 matches appear to be a lock based on what we have been seeing on TV the past couple of weeks. On the SD side of things, unless they have a draft before WM, the only Wrestlemania worthy match is Bayley vs. Sasha.

It would may be tough to figure out who should be the heel or the face (I personally would turn Bayley back face sans hugging gimmick and let Sasha finally run with being a heel), but they are the only 2 women on Smackdown that can guarantee a good match. Other than looks and ok mic skills, Alexa Bliss does not bring much to the table in the ring and no one else is interesting enough for a one on one title match on big stage. Beyond Alexa, who wants to see Bayley vs. Lacey again or her take on Naomi or Carmella or Nikki Cross?? No one for dag on sure wants to see Dana Brooke in a title match at Wrestlemania.

·
Registered
86 Posts
The NXT Title match is not going to be a triple threat, where the fuck is that coming from?

Bianca has a title match in Portland, in case you're not aware.
People are just speculating because the build is making it seem like Charlotte has a problem with BOTH women. Obviously the way last week's segment went was so that the Takeover match won't be seen as a formality and it will be more compelling. Now people may think Rhea may win but maybe a non finish as well.

·
Registered
6,240 Posts
Hot take: Bayley shouldn't defend her belt at Mania. She just isn't hot enough right now. She can whinge about how the company is against her, blah, blah. That would give her more heat than any program they can throw together. Either that or she is thrown into the Battle Royal and forced to defend her belt that way.

We don't need four women's matches on a card.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hot take: Bayley shouldn't defend her belt at Mania. She just isn't hot enough right now. She can whinge about how the company is against her, blah, blah. That would give her more heat than any program they can throw together. Either that or she is thrown into the Battle Royal and forced to defend her belt that way.

We don't need four women's matches on a card.
They can do 4 women's matches if each match was interesting, compelling and hot enough to do so. I never liked the "we already have 1-2 women's matches..." mindset. Bayley may not be hot enough to warrant a main card match right now but if somehow her and Sasha become a hot feud, you can't deny them.

·
Registered
6,240 Posts
They can do 4 women's matches if each match was interesting, compelling and hot enough to do so. I never liked the "we already have 1-2 women's matches..." mindset. Bayley may not be hot enough to warrant a main card match right now but if somehow her and Sasha become a hot feud, you can't deny them.
If there are 4 hot matches, sure, fine, but the likelihood of getting four hot women programs that aren't going to detract from one another is a difficult task. You're better off just running with the programs that feel like WrestleMania-level programs. Run Sasha vs. Bayley at another point in the year. Or have Sasha & Bayley, feeling scorned, take it out on Becky and Charlotte -- the losers of their respective programs -- and do a Four Horsewomen collide program on SmackDown.

I'm not a fan of doing yet another draft, but Becky, Charlotte, Seth (and maybe his group), Andrade, Zelina and Aleister Black to SmackDown seems to make the most sense and is enough to freshen up SmackDown with some new faces and make room on Raw for some new stars.

·
Registered
600 Posts
They won't be triple threats. The 3 matches are going to be

Charlotte vs Rhea Ripley
Becky Lynch vs Shayna Baszler
Bayley vs Naomi

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
There might be 5 women matches
Battle Royal
Womens tag titles
NXT,Raw, Smackdown titles

·
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
3,523 Posts
To be fair and unbiased, the triple threat format gave us two of the 30-40 best matches in WWE history (the WrestleMania XX main event and the Backlash rematch), but you're right in that, by and large, the format isn't all that great.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Becky vs Shayna will be the worst match of the night so they need a third. We all watched that awful triple threat from SS.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Then on the Raw show you guys some fans saying oh it ahould be a 3 way match between Asuka vs Shayna vs Becky.

Shanya vs Asuka for the Raw belt. Thats right Asuka be champion going in against Shayna. Sorry Becky fans
So heel vs heel......(n) FFS can we make some sense? Becky just main event'd WM and held the belt for 300 plus days and is still over. Why the fuck would Becky not be in a big WM match a year later? Asuka is already a champ why the fuck would she beat Becky for the tag titles at TLC and then beat Becky again for the singles title a month later and knock Becky off the card? Stop being a biased mark and think logical. Asuka was champion last year on the road to WM and lost the title 15 days before WM. Why the heck would they put the belt on her again during WM time? Asuka winning the title off of Becky makes 0 sense this close to WM and I don't care how many Asuka fans say different. Asuka is heel and Becky and Charlotte are the only worthy faces on RAW and Shayna is never working as a face. Asuka was never winning and shouldn't have won.

Since Becky just beat Asuka again we can cross this off for a triple threat. Becky vs Shayna is a lock after RAW.

·
Registered
709 Posts
To be fair and unbiased, the triple threat format gave us two of the 30-40 best matches in WWE history (the WrestleMania XX main event and the Backlash rematch), but you're right in that, by and large, the format isn't all that great.
A small handful of these matches are actually good...those 2 were, but everyone is not Michaels, Benoit and even Triple H. I actually loved Rock vs. Undertaker vs. Angle in 2002 as well.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Any kind concept whether it's good or bad for fans will absolutely get "killed" if WWE don't know how to execute it.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts