Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its more and more likey looking ita gonna be a triple threat match for the NXT womens title at Mania and many fans are happy, including me.

Now that Naomi didnt win the No1 contenders match for Sadui Arabia, many are saying she was ROBBED! but fans are holding out hope that lll be Naomi vs Bayley at the big stage. But then other fans are like "What about Bayley vs Sasha?" Thats when you have people saying it should be a triple threat match with Bayley vs Sasha vs Naomi for the Smackdown title.

Then on the Raw show you guys some fans saying oh it ahould be a 3 way match between Asuka vs Shayna vs Becky.

All 3 titles cant be triple threat matches. I dont know if this is a case of WWE backing themeselves into a corner( which they do a lot) or fans hoping their favorites get in. Its probably a mixture of both.

For my booking id have it- Triple Threat for the NXT strap
Bayley vs Naomi for the SD title
Shanya vs Asuka for the Raw belt. Thats right Asuka be champion going in against Shayna. Sorry Becky fans

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
You do realize that WWE has another PPV after the Saudi Arabia show before they reach WrestleMania? They can easily do Naomi vs Bayley at Elimination Chamber and then move on to Bayley and Sasha for WrestleMania.

They did the same thing with Bryan and Ali last year.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Kayfabe wise, what has Asuka done to justify a rematch? By this time tommorrow she will have lost to Becky clean twice in less than a month. Also Bianca being addded to Charlie vs Bianca is a pipe dream. As for Naomi, sasha, Bayley, that would be a stupid match.

·
Let's talk about six, baby.
8,307 Posts
They aren't going to be. Asuka is losing tonight and going back to the tag division. Maybe there's a DQ finish so Shayna can beat her at EC. Either way, she'll be out of the title scene by next week. Naomi is likely just a filler opponent for EC as well.

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
I think it's silly and ridiculous for the nxt titles to be defended at wrestlemania. Hopefully charlotte vs Ripley is at takeover

Sasha bailey.... becky shayna are both solid matches

·
Premium Member
16,593 Posts
I'm taking credit for starting the NXT triple threat idea. That thread where "does Charlotte bulldoze or job to Rhea", I was the first person to suggest adding Bianca.

It was my idea. I'm the captain now!

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
It should be Becky vs Shayna (I like Asuka too, but Becky is the must bigger star and suggesting she not be in the title match is moronic and simply not going to happen)

It should be Sasha vs Bayley (like 3 years in the making?)

And Charlotte triple threat makes sense.

·
rasslin
2,517 Posts
I don't see any of em being triple threat.

Bayley vs Banks

Charlotte vs Rhea

Becky vs Baszler

6 of the best ladies in wrestling today competing for the top titles in the division.

·
IRAN #1
2,227 Posts
The NXT Title match is not going to be a triple threat, where the fuck is that coming from?

Bianca has a title match in Portland, in case you're not aware.

·
\m/
22,727 Posts
The NXT Title match is not going to be a triple threat, where the fuck is that coming from?

Bianca has a title match in Portland, in case you're not aware.
It is coming from the promo Bianca cut on Charlotte and the fact that she assisted Rhea in attacking Charlotte. I wouldn't be surprised if Charlotte gets payback at TakeOver this Sunday by attacking both to setup a triple threat at Mania.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
NXT is now established as a third brand since moving to USA Network. I guarantee you the only reason Vince is doing this is to draw more eyes to NXT AND keep Charlotte in a title picture on Mania without bigger fan backlash going after either the Raw or Smackdown title again.

If NXT was beating AEW weekly in the rating Vince wouldn't have this match on his biggest show.

Bayley vs Sasha with only a month build? Becky vs Sasha went two months. A bewteen Sash and Bay would need more build up than a month or less. It would be to sudden between the two to have a match of that caliber that fast.

Why Asuka over Becky? I know Becky is the bigger(if not biggest) star right now and many of you probably want to her to make a full year round as being Raw champion but im chosing Asuka over Becky Shayna cause...

1. Better match- of course you want the best match possible on every ppv. But on WrestleMania you want EPIC matches. You want that wow factor during WM bouts.

Who has consistently been having the best women matches on the main roster? Its been Asuka. Week in week out Asuka's been having these great matches with Charlotte,Becky, even Natalya. I bet you she can pull a great match out of Sarah Logan and Liv Morgan if given the time.

2. The pre hype is already there- you have the two most dominant NXT women champions face to face. I think Shayna Baszler passed Asuka in days as champion with her two title reigns but Asuka still has the most days in a single run.

Shayna is called the Submission Magician but really its Asuka. Just when you think Asuka has used every submission she knows, which is already plenty, Asuka pulls out a new submission out of her moveset.

The two best strikers and submssions going at in on the biggest stage to me is the better match/draw

·
IRAN #1
2,227 Posts
It is coming from the promo Bianca cut on Charlotte and the fact that she assisted Rhea in attacking Charlotte. I wouldn't be surprised if Charlotte gets payback at TakeOver this Sunday by attacking both to setup a triple threat at Mania.
That's obviously so Bianca is not overshadowed in this Charlotte and Rhea build since she has a title match this weekend.. Don't worry, Bianca is not working Mania.

·
\m/
22,727 Posts
That's obviously so Bianca is not overshadowed in this Charlotte and Rhea build since she has a title match this weekend.. Don't worry, Bianca is not working Mania.
I guess we'll see how it goes. Bianca also had a standout performance at the Rumble and was eliminated by Charlotte. The elements are certainly there for them to go the triple threat route.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts