Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whether people realize it or not DB beat a former world champion on monday, beat the current IC champ 3 times and holds the US title

i seriously think he is slowly climbing the steps to a world title win, especially with news of a future DB vs Punk fued which would mean he would of had wins over 2 world champions

what do you think, i give it a 75/25 chance danielson wins a world title (probably mitb)

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
He'll win a World Title. Not soon, but it will happen. He's getting over, winning the fans on the streets, tearing the motherfucking house down and generally becoming greater.

He'll get the title, he'll win it in the same fashion as Eddie and Benoit.

·
KILL BECKY KILL
3,192 Posts
So long as some random crazy backstage shit which gets him fired doesn't happen, I'm confident in Bryan eventually main eventing, and winning the title at least once.

Would rather he didn't go down the MITB route though.

I feel it cheapens the win, not really a fan.

·
Asuka
96,569 Posts
It's possible, but we'll have to give him a lot more time to determine it. Just because he's capable of beating a former world champion (a guy who, in kayfabe perspective, only became world champion out of dumb luck) doesn't necessarily mean he's on the road to becoming one himself. Morrison has beaten several world champions, yet he just continues getting to the top of the midcard and no further. There are some guys in WWE who are booked to be as credible as certain former world champions (not the top ones, your Cena's, your Orton's, etc), but for one reason or another, pulling the trigger on them is halted. In Bryan's case, it could be his size and look. I know Mysterio won the world title twice, but he sells a shitload of merchandise and I don't think Bryan can be very marketable in terms of drawing.

He could win it, though. Bryan would be a perfect candidate for another boyhood dream type storyline, where the underdog guy finally becomes the top guy (kayfabe of course). Not sure it'll happen, not sure it won't.

MITB? If it's at WrestleMania, it depends who's in it. Alberto Del Rio? Bryan's screwed. If ADR has already become world champion or is headlining for it, or with the final match against Mysterio, then it's possible. As far as the Raw MITB goes at the MITB PPV, depends what options they have. If the draft doesn't change Raw's midcard too much, he could win it. They might just have Miz win it a second time, though.

He's pretty much the most open case possible. Some guys it's inevitable they will win (Barrett, Del Rio, Miz, etc), some guys it's inevitable they won't (Ziggler, Kaval, Rhodes, etc), he's right in the middle.

·
Banned
417 Posts
whether people realize it or not DB beat a former world champion on monday, beat the current IC champ 3 times and holds the US title

i seriously think he is slowly climbing the steps to a world title win, especially with news of a future DB vs Punk fued which would mean he would of had wins over 2 world champions

what do you think, i give it a 75/25 chance danielson wins a world title (probably mitb)
I would rather he stay in the IC/US title scene for 2-3 years. Do the gradual build instead of shoving him down our throats as they like to do these days.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
He will become world champion one day. Why? Vince loves him. This is the same guy whose look isn't like the typical big muscular WWE guy and he is also the same guy who fucked up big time in the infamous "Tie Gate" that costed him his WWE career...but Vince re-hired him and put him straight in the main event of SummerSlam, one of Big Four PPVs, and he also won the US Title by defeating WWE's main future prospect and Mr. Money in the Bank himself, The Miz, and now he barely loses and he's getting over, even he just defeated a former world champion convincingly.

He's so gonna get far imo. Maybe not next year, but i'm sure he will be a world champion one day.

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
I could see him winning a title down the road in a few years. Like Pyro said, he would be the perfect person for the boyhood dream thing. Hopefully its at a Wrestlemania. Who would of thought a few years ago that the American Dragon could be WWE champion someday?

Weather people like him or not, this guy is the future. He's still fairly young. And unlike most others his age in WWE, he can actually wrestle and put on a good match with just about anybody. The crowds seem behind him all the time. If your Vince, what more could you want (other than him being a little bigger.)

·
Registered
510 Posts

If DB wins the title it will officially be an atrocity. This man is being pushed way too hard and way too fast. He is being rammed down the throats of the community and not only do I STILL not see what every was talking about, he doesn't deserve it. Is he an able wrestler? Definitely. Is he credible? Hell no. He has Dolph Zigler Syndrome times 100. There hasn't been enough proper build to make him viable to the WWE. He is not the second coming of HBK or anything 90% of the jokes on this board call him.

Now after he loses his title (this will be a must) he needs to go through all the contenders (OMG remember when WWE cared about its divisions?) and actually put on some fights. Have him fight Zack Ryder and Tatsu and the ilk, Jackson and such. If he is a great and godly a worker as you guys claim then he will help build the division by making the matches work. He needs to be on screen but not in the lime light. As much as people hated Jack Swagger (And i really dont know why) he had proper build, he fought on the mid card and with often regularity for it to mean something. Was he championship ready? The answer was yes, but creative wanted to make Taker Kane happen otherwise we would still have Jack Swagger on the top card.

In short, hell no, no WWE title for Danielson for at least a year. Right now let Dibiase and Punk give him some actual matches, in addition to the Mizz matches he put on. This will be a start.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
I expect to see him been in the IC/US division through next year, putting on good matches every month & by the time 2012 comes along it will only be a matter of time before he wins the big one, why do i think that? because hes too talented not to & also its clear the wwe love the guy, just look at his run the last 2 months & how hes been built up.

·
STRONGER THAN A BEAR, FASTER THAN A BUCK!
2,092 Posts
He'll win a World Title. Not soon, but it will happen. He's getting over, winning the fans on the streets, tearing the motherfucking house down and generally becoming greater.

He'll get the title, he'll win it in the same fashion as Eddie and Benoit.
This, this and this.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
As others have said, he's likely to be a future World Champion. But I don't think he'll ever be a prominent Main Eventer. Like Benoit, Guerrero, and RVD before him, he's gonna be a perennial Upper midcarder who's had a sweet taste of World Championship gold, nothing more nothing less.

·
Registered
21,621 Posts
He's got a good chance of winning the strap at some point, the problem is making him look credible to a mainstream audience in the meantime. I loved how JR put him over, it was a great sell.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Bryan is a future champ ,no doubt .

He's perfect for the pg -era and have all the tools to be a main stay upper-midcarder and will be in and aound the mainevent scene in a year or two.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
If DB wins the title it will officially be an atrocity. This man is being pushed way too hard and way too fast. He is being rammed down the throats of the community and not only do I STILL not see what every was talking about, he doesn't deserve it. Is he an able wrestler? Definitely. Is he credible? Hell no. He has Dolph Zigler Syndrome times 100. He is not the second coming of HBK or anything 90% of the jokes on this board call him.
How is Daniel Bryan not credible? He's been in most of the best matches in WWE this year.

He is not the second coming of HBK or anything 90% of the jokes on this board call him.
It's funny that you bring up HBK, because the comparison is rather apt in one rather significant way: month in and month out, Bryan is stealing the show.

SummerSlam: 10-man tag, best match of the night
Night of Champions: versus The Miz for the US Title, best match of the night
Hell in a Cell: Triple Threat Submission Match v. John Morrison and The Miz, best match of the night
Bragging Rights: v. IC Champion Dolph Ziggler, best match of the night

Huh. Daniel Bryan's been in four PPVs in his career, and his match has been THE BEST OF THE NIGHT EVERY SINGLE TIME.

You can say whatever you want about Bryan's look, charisma, or character, but one thing you can't deny is that he's EARNING his place and his push by stealing the show over and over. And I swear, if you tell me that Barrett/Cena from HIAC was better than Bryan/Morrison/Miz, I'm going to give you a virtual kick in the nuts. Not really. I'm OK with debate on that one, but the overall point remains sound.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
If DB wins the title it will officially be an atrocity. This man is being pushed way too hard and way too fast. He is being rammed down the throats of the community and not only do I STILL not see what every was talking about, he doesn't deserve it.
He's the best wrestler in the world. If that's not deserving it what is?

oh right, in Ortons case, having a popular Dad. Yeah, that's alot more credible.

In fact, I can draw up loads of points that make Orton and Bryan seem like polar opposites.

One worked his entire life being the best in his trade, one had the success given to him.

It's why Bryan is over in a few months, and it took Orton years of constant non stop pushing. Same case with DiBiase and many other second generation guys who really don't deserve a thing and have proved nothing. This isn't entirely directed at Orton but just generally guys who are given something for nothing.

Bryan made Ziggler look so good even though he beat him 3 times. Who else can pull that off?

No one.

If Kofi had beaten Ziggler 3 times he would be dead and buried. Right now Ziggler is getting more and more credible.

Bryans real test is DiBiase. If he can get even a smither of entertainment out of Dibiase, who no one but a couple marks care about, he will have earned it.

TLDR; Bryans dick in my mouth, if he can make the crowd care about Dibiase then he deserves it.

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
He won't be a main event talent like Cena, Orton, HHH. Maybe a Punk, Benoit, Guerrero type to give the main event some fresh names

·
Number 30 in the Rumble
1,629 Posts
He definitely should become World champion, he's probably the best technical wrestler in the world right now and good on the mic too. With Bryan as the champion you are guaranteed great matches at every PPV, he could make anyone look good. I agree that he would be an ideal candidate for the "boyhood dream" angle. I would like to see him win the rumble and win the world title at wrestlemania.

·
Banned
4,921 Posts
If he does it shouldn't be till at least 2012. They should spend the rest of this year and next building him up as a legit threat.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
It's possible, but we'll have to give him a lot more time to determine it. Just because he's capable of beating a former world champion (a guy who, in kayfabe perspective, only became world champion out of dumb luck) doesn't necessarily mean he's on the road to becoming one himself. Morrison has beaten several world champions, yet he just continues getting to the top of the midcard and no further. There are some guys in WWE who are booked to be as credible as certain former world champions (not the top ones, your Cena's, your Orton's, etc), but for one reason or another, pulling the trigger on them is halted. In Bryan's case, it could be his size and look. I know Mysterio won the world title twice, but he sells a shitload of merchandise and I don't think Bryan can be very marketable in terms of drawing.

He could win it, though. Bryan would be a perfect candidate for another boyhood dream type storyline, where the underdog guy finally becomes the top guy (kayfabe of course). Not sure it'll happen, not sure it won't.

MITB? If it's at WrestleMania, it depends who's in it. Alberto Del Rio? Bryan's screwed. If ADR has already become world champion or is headlining for it, or with the final match against Mysterio, then it's possible. As far as the Raw MITB goes at the MITB PPV, depends what options they have. If the draft doesn't change Raw's midcard too much, he could win it. They might just have Miz win it a second time, though.

He's pretty much the most open case possible. Some guys it's inevitable they will win (Barrett, Del Rio, Miz, etc), some guys it's inevitable they won't (Ziggler, Kaval, Rhodes, etc), he's right in the middle.
Ziggler might win it.Rhodes definitely will if WWE is ready to push smaller guys who aren't as marketable as Mysterio.Rhodes is a decent in-ring worker & a fantastic mic worker

1 - 20 of 43 Posts