Wrestling Forum banner

Oh my god, could the WWE be.....???

3608 Views 29 Replies 22 Participants Last post by  777
Well, Alberto Del Rio, before his debut, had 2 months of promo time leading up to his debut, and once he debuted, he has been skyrocketing. He has beaten Rey Mysterio, Kofi Kingston, Christian, so many big names, and last but certainly not least, he has won the biggest Royal Rumble of all time, in his first year even.

But, could the WWE be trying to push Alberto Del Rio even further than we all think?? Hear me out. They obviously know that he's a great star. He has been beating the IC Champ Kofi Kingston numerous times fair in square, he has a world title shot guaranteed for Wrestlemania, and his NxT rookie Brodus Clay seems like he is about to win NxT Season 4, which guarantees the pro and rookie tag team title shots.

So, Alberto Del Rio is getting closer to 3 titles in the WWE, the IC, World Heavyweight Title, and Tag Team Titles. Could the WWE be trying to really push him and give him massive heat by putting all those titles on him?? He could start saying that it is a part of his destiny to become the greatest ever. I mean, they really seem to be giving him a MASSIVE push.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Banned
9,964 Posts
Well, no shit they're giving him a massive push. It's the biggest push of any new star since lesnar.

But no, I don't think they'll give him the IC and Tag titles. He's just beating up on Kofi so he gains momentum heading into Wrestlemania, and, well so Kofi has something to do. If Clay wins season 3, he'll likely tag with Ricardo Rodriguez instead of Del Rio.

· Registered
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If they were gonna do this surely they would have put the IC title on him at EC?
True, you got a point there. Maybe they just didn't feel like it was the right time.

· Registered
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, no shit they're giving him a massive push. It's the biggest push of any new star since lesnar.

But no, I don't think they'll give him the IC and Tag titles. He's just beating up on Kofi so he gains momentum heading into Wrestlemania, and, well so Kofi has something to do. If Clay wins season 3, he'll likely tag with Ricardo Rodriguez instead of Del Rio.
Ricardo Rodriguez is not Brodus Clay's pro, Alberto Del Rio is. He would be the one getting the tag title shot.

· Registered
188 Posts
Mexico is the 2nd biggest market in the WWE right now, ofcourse they have to push this guy to the moon

· Registered
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
and where has del rio been the past several weeks? certainly not on NXT, being clay's pro. ricardo rodriguez has always been there so he's pretty much clay's pro.
I haven't seen NxT in a few weeks. Del Rio hasn't been there?

· Banned
2,677 Posts
Mexico is the 2nd biggest market in the WWE right now, ofcourse they have to push this guy to the moon
Nope, it's the third biggest market. The second biggest is Europe, I can't remember the exact name WWE uses as a classifier at the moment (there are one or two other countries involved in the distinction not technically part of Europe from what I remember).

· Registered
853 Posts
I like Del rio as a new star. His package is actually quite good but he need A LOT of work on the mic.

It is not his accent, just that he loses all his charisma once he talk on the mic.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.