Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Eric Young has reportedly signed a new deal with TNA Wrestling. He had been in negotiations even though his contract had ended. According to a backstage source, the new deal will allow him to take independent dates when TNA doesn't need/use him.

Source: Ewrestlingnews.com
If true, this is disappointing to me. I understand that Eric Young had been in the company for a long time and I commend him for his effort. However, it simply wasn't good enough.

EY has received numerous pushes with a stupidly wide variety of gimmicks. He has lacked direction for many years, going from goofy to serious to mentally unstable all to very little effect.

Possibly as a reward for his loyalty and effort, he was even given his own stable. The World Elite had potential and I enjoyed the grouping whilst it lasted, but EY was never a convincing leader or authoritarian figure.

With all the changes and false starts that Eric Young has had on TV, the only discernible goal that I can see for them is to keep him on television. If it proves to be correct, this re-signing does not bode well. I can foresee no result other than a repetition of the same schizophrenic booking for him that we've seen already.

·
WEF's #1 Oz Mark
11,119 Posts
FUCK NO.

·
Excellent. The bar is so low we can step over it.
1,115 Posts
As much as I didn't actually want Eric Young to go, because he is better than the roles he's been given, I'm still genuinely disappointed. Is it so completely impossible for TNA to let people go when there's no reason to keep them? I mean, seriously, my entire list of meaningful TNA releases is three men long: Christopher Daniels, Sonjay Dutt and Scott Steiner.

In any other company, it would be an endless flow of names that should have been kept around and had more potential, had something more to give. You'd look at talents that were released and you'd say they were misused and never given a fair shot, and that their release is a disappointment. No, not with TNA. They just keep paying the talents they misuse and neglect anyway, even when they aren't using them in any beneficial manner. It's fucking stupid.

I would rather see them release someone with promise, maybe even rehire them a few years down the line when they need to fill a spot, than continue to keep them employed the entire time wasting both the wrestler's skills and the company's money. Is it so hard to let people go? I know you spend a lot of time with them and all, you may have a personal relationship beyond the business, but just release some of the fuckers would you? Preferably, it'd be the shit ones, but failing that, I'll settle for the decent ones that you refuse to use properly.

It doesn't matter how good you are if they aren't doing anything with you.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
He's probably still getting paid peanuts, but the good thing is that he can take indy bookings himself when he's not needed on TNA, so he can still get some more money.

·
Premium Member
19,333 Posts
Good for him.

I'm not a huge fan or anything but I don't turn the channel when he wrestles. I'm happy for him that he still has a job.

·
Registered
147 Posts
There is a report that Eric Young signed a new TNA deal and we are following up on them.

As the story goes, he didn't get the money he wanted but was given more freedom to book his own indie dates.

Source:wrestling observer

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good for him.

I'm not a huge fan or anything but I don't turn the channel when he wrestles. I'm happy for him that he still has a job.
Yeah I don't mean to be vindictive. Of course it's hard to begrudge someone paid employment, for all I know he may be happy to be used as he was so long as the cheques keep coming in.

However...

Is it so completely impossible for TNA to let people go when there's no reason to keep them? I mean, seriously, my entire list of meaningful TNA releases is three men long: Christopher Daniels, Sonjay Dutt and Scott Steiner...
They just keep paying the talents they misuse and neglect anyway, even when they aren't using them in any beneficial manner. It's fucking stupid.
It doesn't matter how good you are if they aren't doing anything with you.
...I agree entirely with this. It makes little sense to keep him around if he is only going to be used in such a haphazard fashion. It's not going to help him get over and neither will it make the company any money. Frankly, some of the angles we have seen EY in have been a very bad joke. Why have someone on the payroll only to misuse them in such a way?

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Good news.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I've always found him pretty entertaining. Him and OJ are doing good right now. Just because he's not main event material, doesn't mean he should be let go. He has had a bunch of characters and angles over the years, but they've always been decent. If nothing changes, he'll still be worth watching.

·
Registered
51 Posts
A TNA pensa tudo em curto prazo, não tendo um planejamento decente. A WWE continuará mais 100 anos soberana, pela incapacidade da gerência da TNA. DIxie Carter is a bullshit. O que vão contar nos Dvd'S posteriormente lançados sobre este ano?

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 48 Posts