Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

· Banned
5,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm so sick and tired of hearing this being constantly spouted. What's the main purpose of WWE? To be entertaining. What's the purpose of pushing younger talent? To make them entertaining. Who is already entertaining? Established stars. Yes, I understand the intention of those who are so behind pushing younger talent to the top and I'm fully behind that principle but when people start moaning about younger talent not being in the headline matches, that's when I start getting pissed.

People have been moaning constantly over the past few weeks about why Triple H isn't facing Sheamus, why Undertaker isn't facing Barrett and why The Rock isn't feuding with a younger talent than John Cena (WHO JUS DUZNT NEED DA PUSH :argh:). Look, fact is that you have to put on the best product you possibly can and big money headline feuds like Taker/HHH and Rock/Cena bring that. Yes it's important to push younger talent and that should definitely not be overlooked, but it should be overlooked when you have the possibility of putting on something special. Look how special the feud and matches between Michaels and Taker were. Would it have been anywhere near as great if Taker took on an up and coming star like Sheamus or Barrett? Fuck no it wouldn't. It would make the product boring. Just imagine if The Rock came back and ripped on Miz and Miz alone. Would it be nearly as interesting, intense and emotional as the feud he has with Cena? FUCK NO. What has more potential to be special? Taker/HHH or Taker/Barrett and Sheamus/HHH? Of course it's Taker/HHH and if you said otherwise you need to take your head outta your ass.

It's all about special moments in WWE. Think back to Flair's retirement match with Michaels. Imagine if Flair was retired by someone like Mr Kennedy or MVP. Would it have been anywhere near as special? Yeah fucking right.

What I'm basically trying to say is yes, it is very important to push younger talent and it is imperative in keeping the company alive but at the same time you have to realise that there is a time and a place. Yes it is important to push them at Mania of all places cos that puts them on the map and yes just constantly putting stars together in matches gets stale but what I'm saying is when you have the ability to put on something special like HBK/Flair, HBK/Taker, Taker/HHH, Rock/Cena then you most fucking definitely go with that.

P.S - I guarantee some will completely miss the point I'm trying to make and just be like "MORRISON NEEDZ 2 B PUSHED! BARRETT NEEDZ 2 B PUSHED! SHEEEEAMUS NEEDZ 2 B PUUUUUSHED!!!!!"

· SWAG/SPICE
43,122 Posts
Its not a matter of push just a matter of making sense, Like when Austin got hit by a car and then came back a year later, did he just kick tripe h in the balls and put him through a table and done? NO they fought the rest of the year. To me WWE just pulled another lazy card outta their ass, but their is no problem with HHH vs The Undertaker but keep in mind Taker also whooped HHH's ass once before, and I don;t think he brought that up.

· Banned
5,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its not a matter of push just a matter of making sense, Like when Austin got hit by a car and then came back a year later, did he just kick tripe h in the balls and put him through a table and done? NO they fought the rest of the year. To me WWE just pulled another lazy card outta their ass, but their is no problem with HHH vs The Undertaker but keep in mind Taker also whooped HHH's ass once before, and I don;t think he brought that up.
I knew someone would bring this up. It's not the point. Triple H put Sheamus over in the first place when he agreed to feud with him. Sheamus destroyed Triple H so Triple H destroyed Sheamus. But forget what that. It's not often WWE get to put on something special so when the time comes they have to go with it. Like when HBK and Taker's match happened at WM25. It came about so abruptly. The build before Mania was solely on HBK/JBL but when they realised it wasn't going to be any good and realised they could pit their two best in-ring performers against one another it was a no-brainer. Both Triple H and Undertaker are in their 40s and are nearing retirement. WWE don't have many other chances to put these two in a match together other than THIS Mania.

· SWAG/SPICE
43,122 Posts
True, VERY true, but you also have to agree that the way it was booked was kinda sucky this is definitely not one sided, I mean HHH coming back a little earlier to do Sheamus in right. Then slowly build into the realization that he may be the only guy that is capable of taking out Taker because he keeps coming back like Jason would be the less lazier booking.

· Banned
5,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
True, VERY true, but you also have to agree that the way it was booked was kinda sucky this is definitely not one sided, I mean HHH coming back a little earlier to do Sheamus in right. Then slowly build into the realization that he may be the only guy that is capable of taking out Taker because he keeps coming back like Jason would be the less lazier booking.
Maybe Triple H wasn't ready to come back earlier? Who knows. As long as he doesn't retire at Mania I think he will continue his feud with Sheamus after.

· Lucy Snorebush
2,166 Posts
I agree with the OP whole heartedly. But what really pisses me off are people like the army of John Morrison fans who demand a "push" for him, I mean what the fuck have you been watching over the past 6 months? It seems on this forum "getting a world title in within 4 weeks" is deemed a push.

· Registered
1,092 Posts
The amount of bitching about Barret and Sheamus being left out is unbelievable. People really think Barrett vs Undertaker and Sheamus vs HHH is a better card for WM than HHH vs Undertaker? Seems a little lackluster, doesn't it? And why would anyone reasonably think they'd go for HHH and Sheamus for a second year in a row...let's face it they weren't HBK/Taker the first go around.
It's WM, the biggest PPV of the year. You go for star factor, not logical continuation of feuds or pushes for younger guys who aren't fully over. Why have the later matches of the night involve guys the crowd really isn't all that behind. Nothing's more obvious than 80000 silent fans to tell you you got it wrong.

Reactions: Dream_Team

· Banned
5,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The amount of bitching about Barret and Sheamus being left out is unbelievable. People really think Barrett vs Undertaker and Sheamus vs HHH is a better card for WM than HHH vs Undertaker? Seems a little lackluster, doesn't it? And why would anyone reasonably think they'd go for HHH and Sheamus for a second year in a row...let's face it they weren't HBK/Taker the first go around.
It's WM, the biggest PPV of the year. You go for star factor, not logical continuation of feuds or pushes for younger guys who aren't fully over. Why have the later matches of the night involve guys the crowd really isn't all that behind. Nothing's more obvious than 80000 silent fans to tell you you got it wrong.
Boom! Exactly.

· Registered
3,509 Posts
Well people do deserve a push, but some people dont so i agree about saying almost everyone needs a push, and i also agree with Rock/Cena and Taker/HHH being the big feuds that they need.

· SWAG/SPICE
43,122 Posts
People are bitching about how This feud came about not about the match that was being presented to us. And him not being ready to come back earlier? didn't he come back to beat up Del Rio and Barette? I just think the whole Sheamus taking HHH out winning king of the ring and then left to breeze like that was complete lazy booking in my opinion. But hey at the age of 8 to 12 how the hell could you even care, like Jericho once said "I'M GOING TO WRESTLE MANIAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

· Registered
3,509 Posts
I'm legit sick of hearing about the Trips/Sheamus feud. I expected we wouldn't get the continuation and I was right. People need to stop complaining just because in their minds, Trips/Sheamus was happening again.
thinking Sheamus/HHH would not continue would be a lame prediction last year, and it actually did end so it basically did continue, the only way it wouldn't have continued would have been If it was ignored, many IWC users like me knew it would end at this time when they would also continue with the Undertaker/HHH feud.

· Registered
2,812 Posts
barrett and sheamus to interfere in the taker-hhh match and it ends in a no contest. meaning, it didnt happen. meaning taker is still undefeated. then those feuds pick up where they left off months ago. you need a big wm match and taker vs hhh is just that. i actually like where the streak is going. it's become an attraction. it isnt just a feud with someone and taker ad they happen to have a match at WM. its become like the rumble or kotr. it's a challenge rather than just another match. anyway, back to the point. the op is right. sheamus destroyed hhh, so hhh did the same to him. he didnt bury him. he got revenge. something tells me taker will get revenge on wade at some point soon as well. i think the end of the taker - hhh match will be very anti-climactic but in the end it will serve its purpose....then we'll hear for 3 months how they should have left hhh and taker alone from the same people who said they didnt want to watch them at mania and were pissed wwe "forgot" about sheamus and barrett.

· Registered
140 Posts
the major problem is booking, you don't necisarily need big vitories for a push, just good booking, thats the problem with sheamus, its not the fact he got his ass kicked by hhh, it's the fact he got squashed by evan bourne right afterwards, its the fact he lost to mark henry the week before and has just looked week all round recently.

HHH vs taker? sounds good to me, it means neither can squash a young up and comer

· Premium Member
662 Posts
The problem is that people like to act like bookies as opposed to actual fans. Sheamus/HHH might make more "sense" than Taker/HHH, but why should I give a fuck? We're fans - nothing more, nothing less.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.