Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Mafia God
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After the recent debacle I think we need to formally set some basic ground rules about how things should function, such as what happens in a tie break event, what order actions should occur in, perhaps regulated phase times, etc.

Wanted to make a thread to talk about these potential rules for now and I can edit them in to the OP as we figure stuff out.

If this is dumb delete it but I think it doesn't hurt to formally hammer some of this stuff out to prevent future RANTSOMANIA sequels

Needless to say, don't flame in here, talk rationally about why you think stuff should be how it is, if you flame we'll just ignore anything you have to offer

·
Mafia God
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why not start with the most time relevant topic of tie breakers.

I think tie breakers should result in wins for these factions in order: Indy > Scum > Town

Based on the numbers of the people on the teams, the task is more difficult in this order I feel and that should be reflected in the order of who gets the wins in a tie break situation

In the event of a 3 way tie, I could consider calling it a draw if that's something that's liked, otherwise I'd just default to the tiebreak order.

·
Premium Member
761 Posts
I don’t really see why tiebreakers are needed. A draw is a legit result and would theoretically mean no side was better than the other (assuming the game is balanced well but we count wins for unbalanced games anyway so)

·
The Terminator
471 Posts
I think it's a great idea to have formal WF standards as long as hosts can state if they will follow standard or non-standard rules in the OP.

That said, you know I agree with Indy > Scum > Town in the win breakdowns in most tie situations.

·
Mafia God
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don’t really see why tiebreakers are needed. A draw is a legit result and would theoretically mean no side was better than the other (assuming the game is balanced well but we count wins for unbalanced games anyway so)
I personally think draws are a bit bland, and even with balanced games the difficulty is still generally going to be against the team with fewer people IMO. I also think it can help to eliminate some stupid situations were literally the best result for anyone can be a draw, where teams negotiate in order to eliminate one faction to draw with another, which I don't think are really in the spirit of the game.

·
CHAMPION
1,170 Posts
Just leave it up to the host who should specifically say in their OP whether they’re allowing a tie or not or will arbitrarily award somebody a victory they didn’t earn just because there’s less of them.

·
The Terminator
471 Posts
I think there's a difference between a draw and a tie/stalemate situation, but it's not something I want to get into again. :heston

·
The Terminator
471 Posts
Just leave it up to the host who should specifically say in their OP whether they’re allowing a tie or not or will arbitrarily award somebody a victory they didn’t earn just because there’s less of them.
If it's stated in the OP town have to win before a 1v1 tie, scum would be earning their win in that case because it's literally their win condition in that case. Like with Odo's OP. Just stating for future reference, not anything previous that's already been discussed.

·
The Terminator
471 Posts
That's kind of the point of standardized rules though, to make things and orders consistent through every game
I don't think everyone will follow what's decided here, even if you get consensus. That would box people in too much.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Lol this is wild, after I was taken out in Slayer’s last game I didn’t even bother check the thread or the QT into a week later I think, I was pretty overwhelmed to see all the aftermath.

Anyway do you get points for a draw like what’s the system?

·
CHAMPION
1,170 Posts
I also kinda like ambiguity sometimes. If people wanna hang their hat on the setup then more fool them :draper2 if scum can spin the way roles work and you believe them then again, more fool you lol

·
Mafia God
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I don't think everyone will follow what's decided here, even if you get consensus. That would box people in too much.
I don't want to regulate everything, just make some thing standard, like a role resolution order and such to prevent varying opinions causing drama and arguments, and to make a reference for those who are hosting

·
CHAMPION
1,170 Posts
Lol this is wild, after I was taken out in Slayer’s last game I didn’t even bother check the thread or the QT into a week later I think, I was pretty overwhelmed to see all the aftermath.

Anyway do you get points for a draw like what’s the system?
If it was a draw I was considering either giving everybody 1 point or maybe even 0.5 points. Wanted to differentiate them from the indies which LOST :brodgers

1 - 20 of 83 Posts