EV2 vs Fortune

Jeff Jarrett of Immortal vs. Samoa Joe

Tommy Dreamer vs. Rob Van Dam

Mickie James vs. Tara

Lumberjack Match: Abyss vs. The Pope​

·
7 years, 18 movies later ....
3,323 Posts
Dont think the main event will end up being much at all hopefully the x division match will end up as something good.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
My predicitions, winner's in bold.

TNA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
"The Blueprint" Matt Morgan vs. (c) Jeff Hardy of Immortal

TNA WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
Team 3D vs. (c) Motor City Machine Guns

X DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP
Robbie E (with Cookie) vs. (c) Jay Lethal

WINNING TEAM GETS TO FIRE A MEMBER
OF THE LOSING TEAM
EV2 vs Fortune

Mickie James vs. Tara

Lumberjack Match: Abyss vs. The Pope
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Pope squeeks by when the lumberjacks hold Abyss's arms and he gives him the DDE.

RVD and Dreamer have a good match, RVD comes out on top. What to do with RVD for the next 2 months until he gets Hardy? TV title shot or continue feuding with Dreamer?

Joe/Jarrett have a good match, Joe win's via Kurt Angle appearing in the crowd and beating Double J up when the ref is down.

Fortune win, Sabu get's fired.

Robbie goes over because of all the air time he's been getting. I think the guy sucks and I am not looking forward to him diminishing the X Belt.

MCMG go over in a hell of a match. Dudleys hug MCMG after then 3-D them out of nowhere. Leaving everyone confused.

Hardy wins in a bad match. Just have a feeling this won't deliver.

·
Premium Member
44,218 Posts
Thoughts & Predictions:

Turning Point usually turns out to be one of TNA's better PPVs every year (2007 being the only miss), but unfortunately, this year the show looks pretty lackluster. There just isn't a whole lot of intrigue attached to this show & the main event in particular is very weak.

KNOCKOUTS GRUDGE MATCH
Mickie James Vs. Tara
- I actually like this match. Its a good match between two talented females and it doesn't even need a title to be a good addition to the show. I like that they didn't rush Mickie to the title her first PPV match in and have at least put her on a path to the title, making it seem like she has to work her way up the rankings. I'll be surprised if Tara wins. Its Mickie's PPV debut, and like I said, she's the most likely to wind up facing Madison Rayne in the near future. Mickie James is my pick.

X DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP
Jay Lethal (c) Vs. Robbie E w/Cookie
- I hate the Jersey Shore gimmick. OK, I don't hate the idea of a Jersey Shore gimmick, because that's what Zach Ryder basically is, and he's fine. The execution here is way off as it feels like a poor imitator you'd see in Disaster Movie or the like. I also hated that they did a street fight between the two on Impact BEFORE the PPV match. I also have a terrible feeling that unlike Mickie James, Robbie E will be rushed to the title and will walk out with the gold here.

FAN LUMBERJACK MATCH
"The Pope" D'Angelo Dinero Vs. "The Monster" Abyss
- They couldn't really decided on a gimmick for these two, could they? I thought it'd be a Casket Match based on what they were doing on Impact, but then it got changed to this. Oh well. I can't say I'm overly interested in this rivalry, largely because of the silly backstage segments these two had together. Given the gimmick, I'll say that The Pope will get the victory. I can't imagine somebody losing a match where a group of people who like him are surrounding the ring. I mean I know they are just fans, but logically, it's basically 16 on 1, isn't it?

FRIENDS COLLIDE
"Mr. Pay Per View" Rob Van Dam Vs. "The Innovator of Violence" Tommy Dreamer
- I just don't care. I don't know what else to say. Dreamer is just a boring & uninteresting presence at this point. Rob Van Dam goes over, and I'll be stunned if that isn't the case.

JOE'S REVENGE
"The Samoan Submission Machine" Samoa Joe Vs. "The King of the Mountain" Jeff Jarrett
- I'm actually fine with this match. Its a carry over from the last PPV, and on TV, they managed to set it up so that Joe didn't get a chance to truly get any kind of real vengeance on Jarrett. So you'll probably see Joe demolish Jarrett in a match that will either end in Samoa Joe victory or him getting himself DQ'd for being too much of a brute. I'll go ahead and pick Samoa Joe to win, but that DQ finish is a possibility.

TNA TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP: RETIREMENT MATCH FOR TEAM 3D
The Motor City Machine Guns (c) Vs. Team 3D
- I would like to say that this is the best match on the show. I mean The Guns have been major successes in TNA over the last few months & have consistently been one of if not the best part of the show, & the added attraction of this being Team 3D's final match will make it feel special. Also, the promise of a Guns victory here is pretty cool. But I have some concerns. I have this horrible feeling that Bischoff stooges in EV2.0 is going to be Team 3D. They'll turn heel, win the titles, and join up with Immortal. That would be horrible, and would induce a state of eye rolling that would render me blind within hours. I'll stick with my original pick of The Guns to retain their titles & then we get the classy ending of 3D's retirement, but I can see that awful swerve taking place, so don't be surprised if that's what happens.

LOSING FACTION LOSES A MEMBER
EV2.0 (Richards, Raven, Rhino, Sabu, & Kendrick) Vs. Fourtune (Styles, Kazarian, Williams, & Beer Money)
- Wasn't BFG supposed to be the end of this rivalry? Oh well, at least one member of EV2.0 is going to be gone after this PPV. Yep! Fourtune is going to win this match. I can't see it any other way. Sadly, the one leaving will probably be Rhino. My problem with EV2.0 is more the idea behind the faction, which is reliving the glory days of a company that died in 2001. If anything, it set some of those talents back years, namely Rhino who by 2006, I had come to think of as a TNA guy rather than a Former ECW/WWE talent. I don't really have a problem with Rhino or Richards (who looks to be in fantastic shape) as talents, and if anybody from EV2.0 is going to go, I'd want it to be Raven (who looks like shit) or Sabu (sorry, but bald Sabu don't cut it).

TNA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
Jeff Hardy (c) Vs. "The Blueprint" Matt Morgan
- Almost all the problems I have with this match revolve around the fact that it was set up poorly. I understand that Anderson went down and they needed to go to Plan B, but Morgan's face turn & push into this spot is extremely rushed. I also have my doubts whether or not Hardy can work a match as a heel. The promos have been good, but can he do it in the ring? Well, this match might not even be a good indicator given the poor build up. One thing I am sure of though is that this is probably the easiest call of the night. Jeff Hardy will almost certainly retain the title. I say "almost" because it seems like every time I say "Oh, there is NO WAY the title changing hands here" the TITLE FUCKING CHANGES HANDS!!! (Sheamus-Cena, Flair-Carlito, Foley-Sting, etc), so who knows?

·
Banned
1,242 Posts
Predictions:

"The Blueprint" Matt Morgan vs. (c) Jeff Hardy of Immortal - **3/4

Team 3D vs. (c) Motor City Machine Guns - ***3/4

X DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP
Robbie E (with Cookie) vs. (c) Jay Lethal - **3/4

OF THE LOSING TEAM
EV2 vs Fortune - ***

Jeff Jarrett of Immortal vs. Samoa Joe - ***1/2

Tommy Dreamer vs. Rob Van Dam - **1/2

Mickie James vs. Tara - **1/2

Lumberjack Match: Abyss vs. The Pope - **

·
Registered
557 Posts
Choices

"The Blueprint" Matt Morgan vs. (c) Jeff Hardy of Immortal

MCMG should keepin titles like a 3 or 4 months.

X DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP

As much i like Robbie E ( :D ) Jay should still been champ.

OF THE LOSING TEAM
EV2 vs Fortune

I hope we will seen Kurt in this match. Someway, somehow!

Mickie James vs. Tara

·
Tiger Driver '91
2,729 Posts
I fear the worst for Morgan. They're going to (kayfabe) concuss him and destroy him tonight. Not a good feeling about that main event.

·
Banned
23 Posts
The only things that interest me on this card, is the Joe vs Jarrett match, the firee of EV2, and the fallout of the MCMG vs 3D match. They both signed new contracts recently I heard, so if they lose they could just turn heel like that. But anyway, very lacklustre PPV and I'm definitely not ordering it!

·
StarStruck
2,038 Posts
Predictions for Turning Point;

"The Blueprint" Matt Morgan vs. champion Jeff Hardy of Immortal

X DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP

OF THE LOSING TEAM
EV2 vs Fortune (I freaking well hope Fortune goes over here)

Mickie James
vs. Tara

Overall it seems like its gonna be a nice PPV, I'm looking forward to it anyway.

·
Lets go to the old mill anyway, get some cider!
15,626 Posts
My Predictions

Hardy over Morgan (possible swerve with either Morgan laying down which would be horrible or Fortune turning on Immortal but it's too early most likely)
Lethal over Robbie E (Might be wishful thinking on my part, we all know Bischoff and Russo love the Shore gimmick)
Team 3D over MCMG (Just have a feeling this isn't the end of 3D. They'll win the titles, turn heel, and then keep on in the tag title division)
Fortune over EV2 (Either Rhino or Sabu will get fired, either way EV2 is on it's last legs)
Abyss over Pope (I know it's contradictory to have the heel win the lumberjack match but I see Pope getting screwed somehow)
Jarrett over Joe by DQ (I think Joe is gonna lose it and get himself dqed and then start killing people, it would be for the best anyway)
RVD over Dreamer (No way RVD jobs to Tommy on PPV, not much else to say about this one)
Mickie over Tara (Mickie's 1st PPV match you can bet she's picking up the win)

Overall it's an ok card, atleast they didn't jam it with multiman and gimmick matches. Joe/Jarrett would be my pick for MOTN if I didn't think Joe is gonna lose it in the 1st 5 minutes, otherwise 3D/MCMG would be a good option.

·
Banned
1,242 Posts
Robbie E vs Lethal is going to open the show
VERY good pick imo. Mainly because MCMG's match was finally saved for a better spot on the PPV.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
With Lethal and Robbie e. opening the show, I assume they're gonna try to put on the best possible match they can so Shore doesn't look like a complete waist of Air-Time

·
Comin' at you like a double-fisted kangaroo
21,054 Posts
Streaming it but not expecting much. Apparently no one else is either if the thread is this short before it starts.

1 - 20 of 753 Posts