Wrestling Forum banner

141 - 160 of 3357 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Random topic, but I occasionally get in discussion with a couple friends about this so I thought I'd see what some people say: which show is better - Destination X 2011 or 2012? A couple people tell me 2011 and I think 2012 is unquestionably better just from the main event + AJ/Daniels, although the four-way on 2011 is probably the match I'd go back to re-watch the most while 2011 was a show I felt was a bit of a missed opportunity in a lot of ways. Still the best TNA PPV of 2011, not that that is saying much whatsoever.

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
Random topic, but I occasionally get in discussion with a couple friends about this so I thought I'd see what some people say: which show is better - Destination X 2011 or 2012? A couple people tell me 2011 and I think 2012 is unquestionably better just from the main event + AJ/Daniels, although the four-way on 2011 is probably the match I'd go back to re-watch the most while 2011 was a show I felt was a bit of a missed opportunity in a lot of ways. Still the best TNA PPV of 2011, not that that is saying much whatsoever.
I'd say 2012 too, though you're right 2011 had that awesome 4 way.

But like you mentioned the combination of AJ vs. Daniels(LMS) and Roode vs. Aries >>> the 2011 show minus the 4 way. 2011 had a AJ vs. Daniels match too but I preferred their last man standing match from the 2012 show.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I remember the Bucks said in an interview that they were originally going to face either Beer Money or The Cutlers potentially (the former of which was stunningly never done on TV or PPV.) That would have been a substantial improvement over Bucks/EY & Shark Boy.

Also it blows my mind as well how they had a perfect opportunity to do Kurt Angle/Doug Williams on PPV in that Doug Williams challenge and went with MARK HASKINS who totally bombed.

Granted 2012 had some missed opportunities in who they could have brought in for the X-Division tournament, but all of that was substantially better than the majority of 2011's undercard.

·
Le Champion
18,652 Posts
I have both on the same level, tbh. Obviously both Aries/Roode & AJ/Daniels are better than anything on the 2011 show, but I think 2011 would be the one I'd go back and watch more. Joe/Kazarian was a great opener, Ultimate X was much better than the 2012 version, RVD/Lynn was a ton of fun, & we all know about that awesome 4-way. AJ/Daniels was a bit too long but it's still a good affair.

I gave both events a 7.75/10, if that means anything to anyone. :p

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
I remember the Bucks said in an interview that they were originally going to face either Beer Money or The Cutlers potentially (the former of which was stunningly never done on TV or PPV.) That would have been a substantial improvement over Bucks/EY & Shark Boy.

Also it blows my mind as well how they had a perfect opportunity to do Kurt Angle/Doug Williams on PPV in that Doug Williams challenge and went with MARK HASKINS who totally bombed.

Granted 2012 had some missed opportunities in who they could have brought in for the X-Division tournament, but all of that was substantially better than the majority of 2011's undercard.
Yeah Angle vs. Williams would have really added to the show, never knew that Bucks vs. Beer Money or Bucks vs. The Cutlers was a possibility would have been cool. Hope Bucks vs. Aries/Roode happens sometime in the future.

I have both on the same level, tbh. Obviously both Aries/Roode & AJ/Daniels are better than anything on the 2011 show, but I think 2011 would be the one I'd go back and watch more. Joe/Kazarian was a great opener, Ultimate X was much better than the 2012 version, RVD/Lynn was a ton of fun, & we all know about that awesome 4-way. AJ/Daniels was a bit too long but it's still a good affair.

I gave both events a 7.75/10, if that means anything to anyone. :p
Means something to me, I like reading opinions. Forgot about RVD vs. Lynn and Joe vs. Kaz(good opener for sure).

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Kazarian/Joe was quite enjoyable. Roll-up finish bothered me in that one though, especially when that was during Joe's period of being in NEGATIVE POINTS in the BFG Series.

RVD/Lynn was good too. Right when the match was getting potentially great though it ended.

·
Registered
45,092 Posts
No more Cradle Shock? Future Shock return please.

Destination X 2011 & 2012 both have their good and bad on it. Think I'll say 2012 nudges it out in the end ever so slightly thanks to the better undercard. 2011's wasn't any good. Williams/Haskins, Bucks/Young & Sharky, & Ultimate X all stunk. Then you have that terrible Abyss vs Kendrick match. Only matches I disliked come 2012's was the opener (pardon Jigsaw/Rubix) & Ion/FLIP.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Sabin said he's going to go to an entirely new moveset so I don't know what we'll see at this point. No one even know what he's going to look like tbh.

·
Registered
45,092 Posts
I hate Zema Ion tbh.
boooruns.

He's been saving the X-Division from blandness for months for me.

How would you rate the Roode vs Hardy vs Aries triple threat from genesis?
Really, really good imo. I know a few out there who thought it dragged. The heel tactics with Roode & Aries aligning were favorable. Much of the same with Hardy's prime, albeit, expected babyface comeback. The guy is so good at it, I can't help but find myself enjoying it each time.

·
Banned
6,531 Posts
Really, really good imo. I know a few out there who thought it dragged. The heel tactics with Roode & Aries aligning were favorable. Much of the same with Hardy's prime, albeit, expected babyface comeback. The guy is so good at it, I can't help but find myself enjoying it each time.
Thanks, gonna check it out.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
boooruns.

He's been saving the X-Division from blandness for months for me.
Indeed. I know a couple people that just aren't fans of him for whatever reason but no idea why. Arguably the crispest wrestler in the X-Division currently who has improved quite a bit from when he was first signed to presently.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
But Zema is so stale, both in terms of character and in the ring.

141 - 160 of 3357 Posts