Wrestling Forum banner

3341 - 3358 of 3358 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Re: Going to the Windsor tapings

LAX are on a losing steak since Konnan disappeared and someone keeps attacking people back stage leaving a black X calling card on their unconscious victims body. Joseph Park was the last to be assaulted.

Moose has started a feud with Kongo Kong, not really had time to develop beside Jimmy Jacobs interfering in their first match causing a DQ.

Rosemary been literally buried and taken away in a coffin by Su Yung and her undead brides , Allie (who's KO champ)seems to be blaming herself as she tried helping Rosemary (despite being told to stay away for her own good) and is being targeted by Su Yung now.

Eddie and Sami Callihan are in a blood feud at moment. After a botch spot fucked up Eddie eye bad they turned it into a damn good feud, Sami stalked Eddies wife and jump him multiple times causing Eddie to flip at the last PPV, putting Sami into hospital as well as his own wife (who he hit by accident). Eddie looks like he may go darkside trying to end Sami, while Sami almost got fired for attacking Don Callis (impact mangement) for ending a i quit match against Eddie. Eddie got Don to change his mind, leading to a hardcore match being booked but not at impact (i think it a taped match from House of hardcore).

Pentagon Jnr just beaten Eli Drake (who part of Tag Champs with Scott Steiner of all people) after Eli cashed in his Feast or Fired Brief case. Looks like Austin Aries is next in line for a rematch.

X division.... Well X-division is kinda dull at moment :shrug. Other wise the show seems to be improving under the new booking team.

Hope this helped, any questions feel free to message.

·
The B Team
455 Posts

LAX are on a losing steak since Konnan disappeared and someone keeps attacking people back stage leaving a black X calling card on their unconscious victims body. Joseph Park was the last to be assaulted.

Moose has started a feud with Kongo Kong, not really had time to develop beside Jimmy Jacobs interfering in their first match causing a DQ.

Rosemary been literally buried and taken away in a coffin by Su Yung and her undead brides , Allie (who's KO champ)seems to be blaming herself as she tried helping Rosemary (despite being told to stay away for her own good) and is being targeted by Su Yung now.

Eddie and Sami Callihan are in a blood feud at moment. After a botch spot fucked up Eddie eye bad they turned it into a damn good feud, Sami stalked Eddies wife and jump him multiple times causing Eddie to flip at the last PPV, putting Sami into hospital as well as his own wife (who he hit by accident). Eddie looks like he may go darkside trying to end Sami, while Sami almost got fired for attacking Don Callis (impact mangement) for ending a i quit match against Eddie. Eddie got Don to change his mind, leading to a hardcore match being booked but not at impact (i think it a taped match from House of hardcore).

Pentagon Jnr just beaten Eli Drake (who part of Tag Champs with Scott Steiner of all people) after Eli cashed in his Feast or Fired Brief case. Looks like Austin Aries is next in line for a rematch.

X division.... Well X-division is kinda dull at moment :shrug. Other wise the show seems to be improving under the new booking team.

Hope this helped, any questions feel free to message.
Thank you

Reactions: MrFlash

·
The B Team
455 Posts

No problem, if you want any info on the lower card or who's left and how etc just PM me. Hope you have fun at the new tapings, when are they taking place?
June 1 and 2nd

·
Registered
33 Posts
Impact Wrestling Gold Rush

Hello does anyone have any information about the Gold Rush Twitch PPV (11/30/18) as it's no longer available on the VOD section of the site.
Any results, info, or details where we can watch the replay?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Re: Impact Wrestling Gold Rush

Thanks mate.
This is currently one of the only Impact PPVs that is not available anywhere for fans to see. However, Anthem does still have footage but they are choosing not to air it due to technical issues. They could edit it out properly so that the parts which aren't view-able can be cut out. I'm writing to their head offices in an effort for them to re-upload the show, if you (any fan) are in the same boat as me and don't want to miss out on this event, then let's push for them to change their minds. You can reach them at: Anthem Sports & Entertainment, 171 East Liberty Street, Suite 245, Toronto ON M6K 3P6

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
NWA-Total Nonstop Action PPV #1
June 19th, 2002
From the Von Braun Center in Huntsville, Alabama
Commentators: Mike Teney, Don West and Ed Ferrara

Don West comes out and introduces his partners Ed Ferrara and Mike Teney.

Tonight: a Gauntlet for the Gold for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship. It’s a 20-man Gauntlet Battle Royal (basically a Royal Rumble) with the final two men competing in a standard match.

Jeremy Borash brings out NWA legends Harley Race, Dory Funk Jr., Jackie Fargo, “Bullet” Bob Armstrong, Corsica Joe, some old lady, Bill Behrens and Ricky Steamboat. They put over the Gauntlet for the Gold Match then that fucking familiar music hits and Jeff Jarrett comes out and annoys everyone. So Jackie Fargo puts him as the first entrance in the match. Ken Shamrock and Scott Hall to stake their claims. In a great showing of putting a match over they all comment on how much they don’t like the NWA championship being contested in a Battle Royal.

Goldylocks is with Puppet the Psycho dwarf.

AJ Styles, Low Ki & Jerry Lynn vs. the Flying Elvis'
Despite the stupid Elvis gimmick this was a fun match. Just a fast spotfest showcase.
Winners: the Flying Elvis’

Midget Match
Hollywood vs. Teo
This was a match.
Winner: TEO

Ed Ferrara and Don West announce the Lingerie Battle Royal for the next show. They bring out the competitors: Francine, Alexis Laree, Elektra, Erin, Joanie, Miss Sasha, Shannon and Tyler...there was a cat fight.

Goldylocks is backstage with Mortimer Plumbtree who manages the Johnsons. He’s prepared to introduce the world to the Johnsons.

The Johnsons w/Mortimer Plumbtree vs. Psychosis & James Storm
I mean, yeah; this was the wrestling dick match. But it wasn’t that bad a match and if you listen to a bit of the early commentary it sounds like they were planning something with the gimmick. Sadly this match very quickly turned to puns.
Winners: the Johnsons

Goldylocks is backstage when the Dupps stop her and drink beer.

NASCARs Sterling Marlin and Hermi Sadler come out and bore the fuck out of me but thankfully K. Krush comes out and tells them to get lost. He’s about to get physical until Brian Lawler comes to the rescue. Lawler challenges him to a match next week.

Christian York & Joey Matthews vs. the Dupps w/Fluff Dupp
This wasn’t worth paying attention to.
Winners: the Dupps

Toby Keith promo.

Toby Keith comes out to sing a song. Jeff Jarrett interferes. I was actually not minding the song. Jarrett does nothing right.

Gauntlet for the Gold for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship
Featuring: Apollo, Brian Christopher, Bruce, Buff Bagwell, Chris Harris, Del Rios, Devon Storm, Jeff Jarrett, Justice, K. Krush, Ken Shamrock, Konnan, Lash Laroux, Malice, Norman Smiley, Rick Steiner, Scott Hall, Slash, Steve Corino and Vampire Warrior
This wasn’t bad at all. It started out with Jeff Jarrett dominating and that made me throw up in my mouth. But then Toby Keith came out and got him eliminated. It came down to Malice and Ken Shamrock, who had a short match afterwards that was nothing special.
Winner: Ken Shamrock (new NWA World Heavyweight Champion)

Jeff Jarrett is pissed. Jackie Fargo puts him in a match next week with Scott Hall.
This really wasn’t that bad a show. Yeah it had the Flying Elvis', midgets, the Johnsons, the Dupps and the girl segment. But even all that wasn’t as bad as it should have been. I mean, the Johnsons could've gone a lot worse if Vince McMahon was booking it. I went into this expecting to make fun of the whole thing but by the time the Gauntlet for the Gold started me and John (who was “watching” it with me over messenger) both agreed that it wasn’t bad at all. It was basically late-WCW minus all the Vince Russo crap. If episode two comes up on YouTube I’d actually watch it. I bet it was better than whatever the WWE puked out this week.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Any old school fan remember this match?

Looking for a match but can't remember exactly which one it was. Karen Jarret/Angle low blows Kurt Angle from behind during the match, it was a multi man match of some kind (possibly a gauntlet match). It was also from around 2007/2008. I love the old TNA matches, the quality is really bad with todays standards but that's part of the nostalgia for me.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
March 2006 is awesome. Loved the 1 hour impacts, and it still had some good action despite being mostly squash matches.

About to watch Destination X with the return of Steve Born Again.

·
Registered
9,730 Posts
**** for Elgin/Swann from Star Struck. They have great chemistry.

**** for TJP/Elgin from Victory Road 19 (skip everything else btw). Better than their ROH Best In the World match. Elgin is Impact's MVP and it's not even close.
P.S. Rosemary needs to stop wrestling. Her knees are completely fucked up.

·
Registered
65 Posts
TNA AMW vs. Triple X Turning point 2004

Just watched AMW vs. Triple X at TNA Lockdown 2004 despite not being a fan of any of these wrestlers. It was 1 of TNA's bloodiest, craziest, and best high flying matches ever. It was smart of Triple X to handcuff James Storm to the ring post as they punished Chris Harris. Those headbutts from Christopher Daniels were vicious as blood poured from his head. My jaw dropped when Prime Time walked on the edges of the cage and did a hurricarana on James Storm off the top!!! OMG!!!!! Even crazier how Daniels did an elbow drop on Storm! UNBELIEVABLE!!! Lots of fast and nice counters. What a match!

·
Registered
9,730 Posts
TNA has finally fixed their production issues on Impact Plus/Twitch shows, it seems.
And Elgin carried Joey to a ***1/4+ match.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts

Enigma: the Best of Jeff Hardy

June 23rd, 2004
For the TNA X-Division Championship
AJ Styles (Champion) vs. Jeff Hardy
This was Jeff’s debut match in TNA, and he was a surprise opponent none-the-less. It was a good match until Kid Kash and Dallas interfered. That was too bad. Hardy was a wreck around this time but not the wreck he can be, so a match between these two could be a great match.
Winner: no contest

“Modest, to the top
Modest, at the top”

July 24th, 2004
Jeff Hardy’s TNA contract signing featuring Dusty Rhodes, Monty Brown and Jeff Jarrett. I fast-forwarded through this entire segment but I’ve fast-forwarded a lot of TNA segments involving Jeff Jarrett. I haven’t even watch TNA with him in fourteen years but that “dwe-doo dwe-doo dwe-doo duuuuh” that kicked off his TNA music still sends terrified shivers down my spine.

“Modest, to the top
Modest, at the top”

August 25th, 2004
Kid Kash, Dallas & Monty Brown vs. Ron “the Truth” Killings, AJ Styles & Jeff Hardy
This was a really good match. I can’t say much more than that.
Winners: Ron “the Truth” Killings, AJ Styles & Jeff Hardy

“Modest, to the top
Modest, at the top”

September 8th, 2004
For the NWA World Heavyweight Championship
Jeff Hardy vs. Jeff Jarrett (champion)
“Dwe-doo dwe-doo dwe-doo duuuh”

Goddamn that fucking song. This match was really good though. Not from a technical point but they brawled all over the arena and were really convincing in their dislike towards one another. There was a little too much outside interference towards the end. But when Vince Russo became involved it all made sense to me.
Winner: Jeff Jarrett

“Modest, to the top
Modest, at the top”

October 15th, 2004
To determine the number one contender to the NWA World Heavyweight Championship
Monty Brown vs. Jeff Hardy
This match barely lasted a few minutes until more guys started interfering (this was the final of a four-man tournament, so the other two guys from the tournament (Abyss and Raven) were those guys).
Winner: Jeff Hardy (number one contender to the NWA World Heavyweight Championship)

“Modest, to the top
Modest, at the top”

October 22nd, 2004
Team Canada w/Scott D’Amore vs. AJ Style, Ron “the Truth” Killings & Jeff Hardy
There was a lot of excitement during this match but it wasn’t overly good.
Winner: AJ Styles, Ron “the Truth” Killings & Jeff Hardy

Promo leading into Jeff Hardy’s title match against Jeff Jarrett at Victory Road. All I care about is one has Scott Hall in their corner and the other has Kevin Nash, who both promise that they have “Jeff’s” back. Gee, I wonder how this is going to end?

“Modest, to the top
Modest, at the top”

From Victory Road in November 7th, 2004
Ladder Match for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship
[font color="19e67b"]Green[/font] Jeff Hardy w/o Kevin Nash vs. Jeff Jarrett w/o Scott Hall

Strange that this match didn’t have the “blood feud” hatred that their previous match had despite actually having more than a week to build. They did some pretty fucking insane stuff to one another in this match, including an early version that spot that blew Joey Mercury’s face open a few years later. Mostly it was Hardy doing all the crazy shit. It was a really fun match even with all the silly nonsense. By the end it became “botch city”. And Nash came out in the last minute and betrayed Jeff…Hardy.
Winner: Jeff Jarrett

“Modest, to the top
Modest, at the top”

November 12th, 2004
The Naturals vs. AJ Styles & Jeff Hardy
This was a good enough match.
Winners: AJ Styles & Jeff Hardy

“Modest, to the top
Modest, at the top”

From Turning Point on December 5th, 2004
The Kings of Wrestling (Jeff Jarrett, Kevin Nash and Scott Hall) vs. AJ Styles, Jeff Hardy & Macho Man Randy Savage
It’s sad to think that as far (as I know) this was the last time Randy Savage made any sort of public appearance. Someone correct me if they want. I love how Jarrett booked himself into the Hogan spot here but it all worked out in the end. Hall and Nash were because they so obviously didn’t give a fuck. This was a looooong and kinda pointless match. Savage had been “kidnapped” earlier in the show and he came out for the last minute of the match to make the save. He looked really rusty.
Winners: AJ Styles, Jeff Hardy & Macho Man Randy Savage

“Modest, to the top
Modest, at the top”

December 17th, 2004
Bobby Roode w/Scott D’Amore vs. Jeff Hardy
As far as meaningless TV matches go this was pretty good, albeit meaningless.
Winner: Jeff Hardy

“Modest, to the top
Modest, at the top”

From Final Resolution on January 16th, 2005
Scott Hall vs. Jeff Hardy
Special Referee: Rowdy Roddy Piper
This was a mean tease because the Ultimate-X setup was still in the ring. The pre-match pat down on Hall was pretty funny. The match itself was weak.
For whatever reason Abyss attacks Hardy after the match is done.

Video package highlighting Jeff Hardy’s history with Abyss.

“Modest, to the top
Modest, at the top”

From Destination X on March 13th, 2005
Final Assault Match
Abyss vs. [font color="d4154a"]Red[/font] Jeff Hardy
This was a decent hardcore match between two guys known for doing stupid ass stuff that they’re going to regret when they’re in their 50’s. Abyss was really a boring wrestler outside of the ridiculous dumb spots even in hardcore matches. He’s so fucking slow. This had a really good “tack spot” at the end.

“Modest, to the top
Modest, at the top”

April 22nd, 2005
Raven & Abyss vs. Jeff Hardy & AJ Styles
AJ Styles deserves better than being on this compilation five thousand times. This match was solid though.
Winner: no contest

Video package of the history between Raven and Jeff Hardy.

“Modest, to the top
Modest, at the top”

From Lockdown on April 24th, 2005
Six-Sides of Steel Tables Match
Raven vs. Jeff Hardy
I never liked “dress Raven” but I’m just glad to see Raven. This was good. Jeff did lots of stupid shit but I could have said that in my words about almost every match on this set.

“Modest, to the top
Modest, at the top”

____
Bonus features:
Behind the scenes of “Modest” the Music Video, because anyone who watched this compilation would want to hear that song one last time.
____
Given how long Jeff Hardy was in TNA this was a pretty pointless DVD to watch now in 2020. I think it was one of the first compilation DVDs they ever released and they were obviously just cashing in. So why do I have it? I got it in one of TNA (now Impact)’s massive Brown Bag clearance sales almost two years ago (maybe even three) and I just got around to it today. I think it was three years ago. If you don’t know the Brown Bag sales you pay $20 or $30 and all you know is you’re getting some DVDs, a shirt or two and some other stuff. You never know what exactly you’re getting. This is one of the DVDs that I got. So why bother tonight? Well, it’s not like we’re allowed to go and do anything (if you’re reading this in the future Google “spring 2020”) so why not? I’ve been saving it for a day when I had literally nothing else to do.

Anyway, I’m coming across as really negative in this review but it was fun to watch. I haven’t watched TNA in years. Most of this was from around when I was watching and following TNA closely and it feels just like it was yesterday. I can’t believe it’s been fifteen years. I can’t believe that company has lasted this long and has zero juice behind it. I know it’s good these days but no one cares. Aside from the Ladder Match none of these matches are essential and so many of them ended in chaos (since most of them were TV matches leading to pay per views). The ladder match was the only really good match and would be on a DVD compilation of someone who’d been with a company for ten years.

The commentators mentioned WWE, WWE Wrestlers and WWE titles by name a lot on this set.

Oh man Jeff Hardy’s music is so horrible. I don’t mind that style of music but he is just a horrible singer and it’s so poorly produced.

This is worth getting if you’re a complete Jeff Hardy completionist (since I think it has EVERY match he had in TNA between June 2004 and April 2005 is on this and they’ve realised a few more compilations of him since) or if you got it for free.

[video]
After watching this video I NEVER want to hear that song again in my life.

·
Registered
219 Posts
^^ Good review, I'm surprised they didn't have the Monster's Ball match on this DVD from BFG. They also need to do a part 2 because his most significant work in the company was from 2010 onwards. He's done a lot for TNA and he never says he regrets.his time there like a lot of top-name talent do.

·
Registered
734 Posts
For those that have tried the new-ish Tote Bag's in the past 6 months or so. What are your thoughts? I mainly would be buying for the DVDs. Do they add better/more recent DVDs now?

I used to like the brown bags, with 4 DVDs, however the new tote bags seem to be more expensive with less content.

Hoping to get some feedback on the new tote bags.

Thanks

3341 - 3358 of 3358 Posts