Wrestling Forum banner

3321 - 3340 of 3358 Posts

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
Need a hardcore fan to remind me when AJ did the Top Rope Styles Clash/Splash Combo spot in TNA. I think he did on Maximos in '02 or something.
Sean Waltman as well, in 2002. Where SW was high on meth.

·
THE EXTREME HORSEMEN
5,978 Posts

No love for my man, Plum and the Johnsons :bunk

The matches with Waltman were pretty good from what i remember. Actually, now that i think of it, AJ was the saving grace from one of the worst years of wrestling I've ever seen.

·
Registered
8,854 Posts
Re: Gail Kim DVD Coming Soon

What about a Kurt Angle DVD? They gave us best of EY, but no Angle!

Anyway, Gail Kim DVD sounds cool.
They have a Kurt DVD.

I might have to get the Gail one as she had some great matches especially with Kong. Awesome not Kongo.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Re: Gail Kim DVD Coming Soon

Worth buying for the Awesome Kong & Taryn Terrell matches alone!

Reactions: Hencheman_21

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
DVD Review: TNA "Genesis 2013"

review]

TNA “Genesis 2013”
January 13th, 2013
From the Impact Zone in Orlando, Florida
Commentators: Todd Keneley, Mike Tenay and Taz

Jeff Harvey says 2012 was one of the most memorable years in his career. Bobby Roode says he’s set the bar for TNA World Heavyweight Champions. Austin Aries says he’s “the best” or something. The three of them are having an Elimination triple threat match tonight for Jeff Harvey’s Impact World Heavyweight Championship.

For the TNA World Tag Team Championships
Joey Ryan & Matt Morgan vs. Chavo Guerrero & Hernandez (champions)
This match was nothing special. Joey Ryan in early 2013 wasn’t the Joey Ryan that people would come to love a few years later just yet. He was just a lackey here.
Winners: Chavo Guerrero & Hernandez

Jeremy Borash is backstage with Mr. Anderson, who’s sick of cliques and seems like he has better places to be. Samoa Joe has called him out tonight.

Samoa Joe vs. Mr. Anderson
Mr. Anderson blows. I do however appreciate the “who gives a fuck” look he always had on his face in TNA. Whether it was his promo a minute ago, looking embarrassed to be posing for pictures wearing his own shirts on their webstore or his complete look of indifference when Tito Ortiz came to TNA he always looked like he’d rather be working at State Farm. This match was pretty damn boring. An unnamed member of Aces & Eights causes the distraction at the end (I think it was Mike Knox).
Winner: Mr. Anderson

Jeremy Borash is backstage with Kenny King. He cuts a bad pun on Christian York. Then he says he’s coming for Rob Van Dam.

X-Division Tournament Final (winner gets a shot at the TNA X-Division Championship)
Christian York vs. Kenny King
This happened.
Winner: Christian York
Afterwards Kenny King lays Christian York out, which doesn’t bode well for York, as his title shot is next.

For the TNA D-Division Championship
Christian York vs. Rob Van Dam (champion)
This was horrid. They played up the fact that Kenny King had injured Christian York at the end of the prior match but I’d have preferred a Frog Splash and a pin in thirty seconds over five minutes of boredom where they still played that card for most of it.
Winner: Rob Van Dam

Jeremy Borash is backstage with Joseph Park. He has his first official match tonight against Devon of Aces & Eights. He’s clearly nervous but he says he’s ready.

Joseph Park training video. Pretty funny stuff.

Devon vs. Joseph Park
This was pretty fucking horrid too. It should have been three or four minutes but it went well over ten. Plus some stupid gimmickry with Park going crazy when he saw his own blood and getting some offence in but then snapping out of it.
Winner: Devon

Jeremy Borash is backstage with Austin Aries, who says he and Bobby Roode have reached an agreement and tonight Jeff Harvey will wrestle his last match.

Knockouts Gauntlet Match for a shot at the TNA Knockouts Championship
Gail Kim is so fucking hot vs. Miss Tessmacher vs. ODB vs. Mickie James vs. Velvet Sky
This wasn’t very good but it was a Six-Star Meltzer Classic compared to the last two steaming piles of garbage on this card. It was still garbage in parts though.
Winner: Velvet Sky

Jeremy Borash is backstage with Christopher Daniels and Frankie Kazarian. Daniels has a TNA World Heavyweight Championship number one contenders match with James Storm up next.

To determine the number one contender to the TNA World Heavyweight Championship
Christopher Daniels w/Frankie Kazarian vs. James Storm
I really had a hard time paying attention to this match. I came across a video about Laura Winslows behind and that had my attention.
Winner: Christopher Daniels (number one contender for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship)

Recap of Bully Ray proposing to Brooke Hogan. Fuck this shit. I fast-forwarded and they were in the doing something in the ring but I couldn’t give a fucking fuck about this fucking shit.

Promo hyping Stings return, which is next.

D.O.C. vs. Sting
Ever since Wrestlemania 31 I can’t see anything but Stings bald spot during his later career matches. This match happened and the bald spot was there.
Winner: Sting
Afterwards Aces & Eights surrounds the ring until Bully Ray comes in for the save.

Jeremy Borash is backstage with Bobby Roode, who admits that he and Austin Aries are going to work together to take Jeff Harvey out then settle it between themselves.

Promo hyping the main event where Jeff Harvey defends the TNA World Heavyweight Championship against Bobby Roode and Austin Aries in a three-way Elimination Match.

Elimination Match for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship
Austin Aries vs. Bobby Roode vs. Jeff Harvey (champion)
Ugh. Jeff Harvey at his most ridiculous with that fucking face paint and that ungodly ugly belt. This match was a fucking masterpiece put up against the rest of the show though. Bobby Roode and Austin Aries looked like chumps in parts but I stopped caring two and a half hours ago.
Winner: Jeff Harvey
__________________________________________________________________________________

This just wasn’t an enjoyable show. It wasn’t brutally offensive like some shows can be. It was one of those shows where you check the time left after every match and die a little bit more on the inside when you see that there’s still a lot to go. That said: the X-Division and Joseph Park verses Devon were two terrible fucking matches. Both for different reasons (one was selling a prior injury and the other was selling an inexperienced wrestler) but neither should’ve been on the same card as the other. If you’re going to put shit matches like that on pay per view you’d better put some damn good shit on the rest of the card. TNA didn’t this night.

Whoever Todd Keneley was he was terrible. He sounded like Josh Mathews but not as annoying. But at least Josh Mathews says stupid shit you remember.

Dear God the canned crowd noise on this show was horrendous. And the hard camera shot was pixelated as shit.

Fuck this show. Don’t bother unless you’re having a hard time sleeping. I only have it because I got one of those Don West Brown Bag Specials where you get five DVDs, two shirts and some garbage. But I actually fell asleep during the main event.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Re: DVD Review: TNA "Genesis 2013"

1st. Who is Jeff Harvey you keep mentioning? Is it suppose to be a inside joke that I am missing?

2nd. You say " This match was a fucking masterpiece put up against the rest of the show though " when describing the main event. But then mention " But I actually fell asleep during the main event " So was it good or not?

3rd. You mention Stings bald spot....So it's clear you don't look to enjoy the matches/feuds/shows, but rather point out and focus on something so irrelevant.

4th. " It wasn’t brutally offensive like some shows can be " Not sure how any wrestling show is brutally offensive?

There was some stuff which I would say I agree with. TNA had the names back then but it didn't always produce.

Reactions: Lil Mark

·
Registered
1,920 Posts

Confused why the OP would review this PPV, even if they got the DVD. Yes, some terrible parts. What the hell is up with the Christian York/Kenny King/Rob Van Dam thing? Babyface goes over, gets his ass kicked after the match, then immediately gets his shot against a babyface champ? Bad booking.

Bad Influence, can't get enough of them during their time in TNA/Impact. They were never going to get past a certain level, but entertainment wise they were up there.

I liked the Morgan/Ryan pairing. It was what it was. Now I can't even think about Joey Ryan without groaning a bit. Chavo and Hernandez as a team was alright. Not groundbreaking, but they had some decent matches with BI and the Dirty Heels. Impact's Mexican act at the time, so at least they were trying to appeal to different fans. Chavo, the underrated legend!

Don't know why anyone would hate on the main event. Hardy, Aries, Roode, it doesn't get much better than that by TNA standards. Roode and Aries had some great matches around this time. I was such an Aries mark back then, I had turned on one of my favorites Jeff Harvey- I mean Hardy. Not sure why Adam started calling him that. Now I find myself in a similar scenario with Drake and Aries, only now I've turned on the GMTEL, siding with the man responsible for the Gravy Train Turkey Trot. But this is Genesis 2013 so that's another story.

Impact in 2012/2013 was a lot better than what was to come. EC3 would have debuted in the fall of 2013, correct? Other than guys like Lashley, EC3, and Eli Drake who have done a lot on Impact since then, I'd much rather watch this era of Impact. Joseph Park is back to doing his comedy shtick, which more often than not is more entertaining than it should be. Match wise? Ya, not going to get any 5 star classics from Abyss acting like a goofus, but it is what it is.

Am I the only one who liked Todd Keneley? He was only around for a hiccup, got plenty of criticism, but I liked what he brought to the table.

The only thing mentioned about Sting's match is his bald spot. Not much of a review. Plenty of Sting's work later in his TNA run was trash. Looks like a decent champ next to Victory Road 2011 Jeff Hardy.

Not sure why Velvet Sky was receiving a single's push later in her time in TNA. She was usually second fiddle to Angelina because of her lackluster wrestling ability. Backstage politicking from Bully Ray, or was Russo there at this time? Either way, I'm always down with Velvet. Not the most qualified knockout but not going to complain as long as the division is solid.

Again, not sure why OP reviewed this. Other than out of spite for getting the DVD in a brown bag special. I was considering getting a special deal with like 5 DVDs, but I'd rather have some shirts. You get what you pay for, eh? I went through some of their older shirts, looking to score some of their better designs for only 5 bucks a pop, but they only had the small size for a lot of them. Hopefully I'll get some decent shirts to go with my Kurt Angle TNA hall of fame shirt. Classic...

·
Registered
2,877 Posts

1st. Who is Jeff Harvey you keep mentioning? Is it suppose to be a inside joke that I am missing?
He may be referencing the Mike Adamle botch where he said that, I can't find it alone on youtube nor remember what Botchamania it was in so here's the clip from WWE's version.

Perhaps far more obscure but he might also be burying him by calling him a jobber because Jeff Hardy did in fact work as an enhancement talent under the name "Jeff Harvey" in the really early days of his career.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts

He may be referencing the Mike Adamle botch where he said that, I can't find it alone on youtube nor remember what Botchamania it was in so here's the clip from WWE's version.

Perhaps far more obscure but he might also be burying him by calling him a jobber because Jeff Hardy did in fact work as an enhancement talent under the name "Jeff Harvey" in the really early days of his career.
it was a reference to the Mike Adamle miss-call

·
Registered
45,092 Posts

I'm moving this, but the DVD/Show/Match thread that's stickied at the top of this section - and now where this post lies - exists for a reason, guys. (exactly this type of discussion)

·
The B Team
455 Posts
Going to the Windsor tapings

I have not actively watched Impact since Decay broke up. I don't have time to go back and watch everything so if someone could give me a cliff notes version of whats happening it would be much appreciated. I seen something online about that Calihan guy from Lucha Underground hurting someone, I seen Pentagon Dark from LU is the champion and The Machine Cage is in Impact but other than that I know nothing.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Re: Going to the Windsor tapings

Go to their youtube page and look up the weekly summary clips. If someone has the time perhaps they can post them here, going back maybe couple of months? Tbh I can't be bothered right now.

3321 - 3340 of 3358 Posts