Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 3358 Posts

·
7,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Old thread ran nearly SIX years. So time for a new one.

old thread is here btw if you want to read it - http://www.wrestlingforum.com/total-nonstop-action-wrestling/353954-official-tna-dvd-help-discussion-review-thread.html

Discuss all things great about TNA's DVDs, matches and shows here (aka Joseph Park)

To start off, best matches of 2013 so far?

Off the top of my head:

Sting/Aries - IMPACT
Aries/Roode/Hardy - Genesis
Park/Devon - Genesis

Lockdown didnt have that many great things. I'm probably missing some TV gems since my memory is terrible and I usually have PPVs for my go to. I think there was a good Aces tag on the England shows, actually.

·
Registered
45,092 Posts
Re: Official TNA DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread.

I liked Park vs Joey & Lethal Lockdown, tbhayley. Fun, fun matches.

England shows had Roode vs Aries, Aces vs Sting/Bully in a solid hanidcap match, Garett Bischoff's best wrestling match ever, & another fun tables match between Devon/D.O.C. vs Sting/Bully (not sure why I hated it on a first watch) Can't forget about the Daniels vs Magnus sprint either :mark:

When it comes to other TV matches - Hardy vs Daniels for the World Championship is a lock. Good match.

·
Registered
7,893 Posts

Sting/Aries had some crazy stuff. Great TV match.

·
7,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Hardy/Daniels & Roode/Aries for sure.

Tag tables I'd need to give another watch. Joey/Park is really fun actually. Probably my favourite from lockdown. Lethal Lockdown just bored the crap out of me.

I'm going to try and outpost you in this thread this time Cody 8*D

·
Registered
45,092 Posts

Perhaps Lethal Lockdown was formulaic, but idk, something about seeing all of those cats wanting to brawl made it a fun watch for me. Certainly wished Anderson pissed off, but hey, finally got to see a KNOX match in TNA. Those are scarce.

Sting vs Aries. I want to watch that again right now. Loved it.

o rly? Challenge accepted, Shep. :hayley1

·
7,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

KNOX. Dude needs a tag partner. Be it DOC or Garrett, he'd own with either.

Is it KNOX or KNUX? I swear they change their mind on it every week.

Well you're like some hyperactive girl with your posting on here at times but if you do your disappearing act for a few months again I might have a chance (id miss you tho <3)

·
Registered
45,092 Posts

Fanboy scenario is pairing him up with D.O.C. of course. Garett would be fine by me. Certainly better than the Garett/Wes path that is being taken atm. Those guys need a partner to aid them. Not leaving each out on their own.

I believe it is KNUX...but boy does it ever sound like KNOX on a semi-weekly basis. If TNA used him in a decent capacity, we'd know. 8*D

I'm like a hyperactive girl always. Wait. (I should be sticking around long enough. Hopefully.)

·
7,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Well Garrett gives them the little and large combo and also gives Garrett a great guy to learn from in tags. DOC and Knox owning fools would certainly be superb.

Knowing TNA they'll throw Wes Brisco in there though. Hopefully his terrible singles push continues and he just feuds with Angle for eternity.

·
Registered
45,092 Posts

D.O.C. & Garett teamed once. It had flashes of a solid team while around. D.O.C. the bruiser & Garett the cowardly heel. I'm down.

Writing the vicious circle for all of eternity would solve the Wes problem instantly. Sorry Kurt, he'd forever be done for, but I'm willing to make that sacrifice. As long as Kurt remains a character, can't say I'd care. When the match happens...fast forward button comes into play.

·
7,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Vs Joe & Magnus as well. Give me that on PPV and I'd be a happy camper.

Kurts always delivered as a character I'll give him that. I wonder how many people would put his promo work over his ring work though :hmm:

·
Registered
45,092 Posts

One can only hope. Make it a STREET FIGHT too. why? idk. Those three monsters brawling & all the while Garett being the ultimate coward in an attempt to not be killed during the match. Yeah, that would be a lot of awesome.

Anyone who doesn't put a crazy coked out or not Kurt Angle moment over any of his matches the past seven years is simply kidding themselves.

·
7,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Lack of face teams in the company does give me hope of a Joe & Magnus reunion tbhayley. I wish Doug Williams & Kash would be a permanent team but Doug is in OVW and Kash got canned, booo.

FUCK this is brilliant. Back before Stormer became stale as fuck too. Crazy coked up wrestling machine makes an awesome character. Ironically enough not a good wrestler though.

·
Registered
45,092 Posts

Williams & Kash duo. Dammit. Breaks my heart it won't be seen again.

"what? this isn't a real gun. It's a prop. But, I am going to bash you over the head with it." :kurt

going balls to the wall at every moment doesn't make for good wrestling. Anywhere. If Kurt went back to being controlled, he'd be nearly perfect once again. Fat chance.

·
7,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

We'll always have that AWESOME tag. Which is definitely one of TNA's best this year. I still need to give Aries/Joe a watch.

I feel like TNA have a couple of guys who could limit him. Joe is a proven one. BULLY might be another, only reason I have a desire to see the two work. AJ and he have some alright stuff but it can get a bit...much. His tag team with AJ was a lot of fun though. Wouldn't mind him becoming a tag guy since his entire match plan can be condensed into a hot tag (which is worrying but whatever, hardly news to anyone)

·
Registered
45,092 Posts

Joe & Angle duo? It would be fresher than another match between the two. Which have ran its course long ago.

Wouldn't say that point is too bad for Kurt's situation. He isn't a spring chicken with his prime years ahead of him or anything. So if his work as gotten to a point where it is best to unleash in a 2-3 minute capacity via tag team work, well then it should be accepted. Make the most of what you have. Always the best plan. Arguable to say Kurt's hot tag was the best part of the Slammiversary 2012 match, tbhayley.

·
7,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

That or the SSP but I'm a sucker for AJ doing that.

That could work and opens up Magnus to move on into the upper midcard. tbh while I'm all for Joe & Magnus as a team I'd rather both got singles title pushes, Joe for the world and Magnus for the TV. I suppose if that isn't going to happen a tag team is the next best thing. A bit like Roode/Aries.

·
Registered
45,092 Posts

Continue to not understand why Joe doesn't get a push at this time. He's got to be the most over face that isn't Hardy in all honesty. Well, maybe Angle has him beat too but Kurt is Kurt. Much like Sting & Hogan, it is expected. Joe is loved by so much of the TNA audience & yet given next to nothing. At the very least can't he be a credible force in going for the World Championship? TNA's stagnant booking honestly kills Joe more than anyone else on the roster.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts

I don't get why they changed it from MIKE KNOX to KNOX to KNUX with no explination

What's wrong with the name MIKE KNOX?
Taz.

Also, I agree, Joe's really just been floating around lately but he needs to add more muscle on tbh. I'd really like to see him take the TV title or something. Joe/Bully would be cool too.

1 - 20 of 3358 Posts