Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 2517 Posts

·
Premium Member
32,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GOOO!

Card looks incredibly poor for a PPV that they're supposedly trying to make a summer equivalent if Mania. Seems like they've put all their eggs in one basket too in the Nexus match which sadly doesn't interest me.

·
Lets go to the old mill anyway, get some cider!
15,423 Posts
Overall the card is weak and they are relying too heavily on a match that features 7 guys who've never had a single PPV match in their career.

There is some intrigue with the 7th man and I think it'll be interesting but matchwise there really isn't much to get excited about. Sheamus/Orton could be good if it's called lightly and they let them have a physical match but not necessarily a No DQ match. Kane/Rey is a tv match to me and was an undercard feud just 2 years ago and now it's a main event at Summerslam, go figure.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
I think on paper the card looks decent... but I see this being a great show. The two title matches will be good, the undercard is decent, and the the Nexus/WWE match should be great. Throw in suprises and unpredictability of returns, 7th guy, Miz, etc this will be a great show!! Can't wait

·
Went to Wrestlemania!!!!!
6,515 Posts
Summerslam is today? I totally forgot. Oh well, this card really is relying on match quality alone since the hype isn't there. Kane/Rey, Nexus/RAW Team, and Kofi/Dolph seem like the only good matches. Swagger should have been added to the Kane/Rey match. I hope Sheamus/Orton can surprise us and pull off a good match. Divas match is whatever. Big Show vs. SES will be lame I'm sure.

It's amazing to see how much of a threat the WWE has made Nexus out to be. Even though they are just rookies, they have made them look so dominant.

·
Premium Member
8,457 Posts
Overall the card is weak and they are relying too heavily on a match that features 7 guys who've never had a single PPV match in their career.

There is some intrigue with the 7th man and I think it'll be interesting but matchwise there really isn't much to get excited about. Sheamus/Orton could be good if it's called lightly and they let them have a physical match but not necessarily a No DQ match. Kane/Rey is a tv match to me and was an undercard feud just 2 years ago and now it's a main event at Summerslam, go figure.
The reason why I am not ordering it and am going to come on here tomorrow morning ot find out results.

·
Registered
5,742 Posts
Only 6 matches so far??
Either the Nexus/WWE match is gonna go around 40 minutes or they will throw something else in there.

But the PPV has some things going :

Will The Miz try and cash in??
Who will be the 7th member?? ( If there will be any, I actually think they will just let it be 6 )
What will be the swerve in the Nexus/WWE match??
How will The Undertaker make his return?

I honestly dont know how McMahon is gonna act suprise if this pulls in a shitty buyrate.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
my Predictions for summerslam.

The Nexus beat Team WWE in a 7-on-7 Elimination Tag Team Match.

The Great Khali turn heel and join the Nexus.

Kane beat Rey Mysterio for the world champion.

Undertaker beat down on Kane.

Randy Orton beat Sheamus by dq.

CM Punk, Joey Mercury & Luke Gallows beat Big Show.

Melina beat Alicia Fox for the Divas Championship.

Dolph Ziggler beat Kofi Kingston for the Intercontinental Championship.

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
What if Team WWE wins??

God, this forum is going to go ballistic.

It might be Bryan Danielson all over again.

NEXUS - No More Fucking Threads - Thank You

·
Premium Member
10,169 Posts
Can't help but think Miz/Bourne and Hart Dynasty vs Christian & Hardy would have made the card look a LOT better.

They really have put all their eggs in one basket.

·
Lets go to the old mill anyway, get some cider!
15,423 Posts
Which is why you have to think that they have some good surprises lined up for tonight, they have to make up for the weak card somehow. See if all the matches suck but Miz cashes in or HHH and/or Taker show up then they will help overshadow it, which why I think that we'll probably see both Miz cash in and win and the return of HHH or Taker but probably not both.

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
Which is why you have to think that they have some good surprises lined up for tonight, they have to make up for the weak card somehow. See if all the matches suck but Miz cashes in or HHH and/or Taker show up then they will help overshadow it, which why I think that we'll probably see both Miz cash in and win and the return of HHH or Taker but probably not both.
There's no doubt Taker's gonna return, hell he's on the poster. I have a feeling if Miz doesn't cash-in he'll issue and open challenge for the U.S. title and Bourne will get the "upset" victory. Or maybe both happen, he loses his title and then later in the night wins the WWE title setting up an Orton/Miz feud (damn that will be a test over the WF gods).

I've always thought of Royal Rumble as the #2 PPV.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Look what John Cena twitt few hours ago:
CeNation. Staples center is somber, quiet. Calm before storm. I feel nervous, on edge. I want to thank everyone out there who has supported Me over the years, as I feel this is one of the most important days in my career. In closing, I will say that if you do not watch summerslam Tonight, u will be missing an epic day in wwe history.
Am i the only one find this twitts clue to heel turn of Cena tonight?

About the event-it's first time we've got HD PPV in Israel, so i wont miss that altough the card is very weak.

·
Registered
5,513 Posts
Look what John Cena twitt few hours ago:

Am i the only one find this twitts clue to heel turn of Cena tonight?

About the event-it's first time we've got HD PPV in Israel, so i wont miss that altough the card is very weak.
Woahh thats an interesting tweet....

·
Registered
252 Posts
Somehow, I'm guessing there's more to it than meets the eye - several possibilities:

1) Some kind of amazing unexpected 7th member (i.e. not Khali or Miz)
2) Miz cash in attempt
3) Undertaker returns in some kind of epic way (probably in the casket)
4) An extra match shoehorned in at a moment's notice
5) Raw GM reveal
6) NXT Season 2 presence
7) All of the above? (I reckon exactly 3 of the above will be true)

·
Registered
5,742 Posts
Thats a interesting tweet from Cena, without a doubt.

But I hate to read things like that, it just sets up hope for something special to happen. When in most cases its just a big ball of disappointment.
Thats what usually happends and I still dont think there will be any interesting swerve in that match. It will be a swerve, but nothing shocking.

1 - 20 of 2517 Posts