Votes: 30 29.7%
  • Steve Austin - 1998

Votes: 71 70.3%
201 - 220 of 254 Posts

·
Likes wrestling....
10,249 Posts
Exactly👍
Rock-Austin mark wars are not a new thing on this forum and certainly on Internet. They happen on usual basis on various platforms like YouTube,Twitter,Facebook and other forums. The problem is that people can't be rational in this debate and always lean towards their favorite.

I think the main reason for this is that Some people even go so far in discrediting/downplaying one wrestler (either Rock or Austin) to make the other superior that it gives birth to countless unnecessary arguments.

They are both mega stars. There's no need to say without one the other wouldn't have happened. Both Rock and Austin speak highly of each other so why their fans can't?

That's all I wanted to say.
Thus a thread for all discussion right?

I've been here a while. Let's just agree we can have one place for this.

·
Butter My Arse
12,129 Posts
There actually was an Austin vs. Rock Megathread a few years ago to separate the lame bullshit from all the other (less lame) bullshit. Was pretty successful…if it can be found might as well resurrect it.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Stone cold could exist on his own ..the rock wouldn't have gotten as big without Austin in the picture with him ...Austin is the attitude Era and the bigger wrestling star..the rock can have his wanna be Arnold like action career where he takes literal anything offerd but some how always ends uo just being the rock

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Both are overrated.

Austin was given the perfect heel to work with and perfect booking. A very good talent, but not in the same league as HBK.

Rock just inherited the house Austin built and later failed to beat HBK's Wrestlemania numbers.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
am i the only one that's a fan of both?

i don't see the need to put either one down, i believe Rock was bigger but Austin was a massive deal too.
Not an Austin fan at all. But looking back, what he did for the business, have nothing but sheer respect for him.

Reactions: Stevieg786

·
Registered
GOATS
548 Posts
Stone cold could exist on his own ..the rock wouldn't have gotten as big without Austin in the picture with him ...Austin is the attitude Era and the bigger wrestling star..the rock can have his wanna be Arnold like action career where he takes literal anything offerd but some how always ends uo just being the rock
? Rock was already big before he started feuding with him in the main event in 99, he was the top heel so saying he couldn’t exist without him is a bunch of bs

·
Registered
GOATS
548 Posts
It's a hard thing for hardcores to grasp, especially when WWE never booked Rock as strong or as important as Austin, but its the truth. WWE always underestimated how huge the Rock was, they thought the WWF machine did all of that huge business in 2000 without Austin.
Pretty much this, I think you could realise some of the rocks overness fading in 2000, don’t get me wrong he became a bigger star in 2000, but I’ll put it this way: for me peak Austin overness was 98, in 99 he became a bigger star.
Rock peak overness was 99, he became a bigger star in 2000.
But I think if he had a “Austin Era” moment in 2000, things would’ve been different.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Both are overrated.

Austin was given the perfect heel to work with and perfect booking. A very good talent, but not in the same league as HBK.

Rock just inherited the house Austin built and later failed to beat HBK's Wrestlemania numbers.
If you call those two overrated then everyone after them are worse lol

·
Registered
251 Posts
Austin can only operate in one type of character which is why his heel turn bombed while rock can play different face and heel personalities. You are wrong pal and there’s a reason why rock is the biggest star in Hollywood today while Steve is at home.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Both are overrated.

Lay down the weed Kentucky. Hbk is not in the same stratosphere as Rock or Austin. Austin, rock and hogan and by far the 3 biggest stars in the history of wrestling. As for your boy Hbk that jabronni is a nobody and is barely known by the casual audience.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Lay down the weed Kentucky. Hbk is not in the same stratosphere as Rock or Austin. Austin, rock and hogan and by far the 3 biggest stars in the history of wrestling. As for your boy Hbk that jabronni is a nobody and is barely known by the casual audience.
HBK's Wrestlemanias drew more than Rock's.

201 - 220 of 254 Posts