Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1395 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Shit, I just got finished making a pros and cons thread of the card because I didn't see a discussion thread and as soon as I finished, one pops up.I fully expect my thread to get put in this thread.Basically I feel the card is the weakest of all Slammiversary cards and does nothing to commemorate TNA's 10th anniversary.Only matches I would look forward to if I was going to this show or ordering the ppv is Joe vs. Aries, the tag title match, and the open challenge only to see who answers.

·
Super Moderator Going Backwards With WF
33,423 Posts
^^ I was thinking the same thing, for a tenth anniversary, it isn't really anything special at all imo.

Some big suprises would be nice but hey its TNA, so forger about it, im kinda looking forward to bully ray/parks and im really hoping sting and roode can work a great match, but I highly doubt it, would be nice if sting came out in nostalgia style, i.e back to crow gimmick, i just hate the joker stuff tbh.

Anyways we in the UK don't get it live so I'll have to wait until Wednesday lol!!

·
Banned
1,678 Posts
Predictions:

- Bobby Roode
- Jeff Hardy
- Austin Aires
- Kaz/Daniels
- Joseph Park
- Crimson's challenger
- Gail Kim
- Devon/Garrett
- Hernandez

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
I expect Sting/Roode to be good, and I'm really looking forward to the Tag Titles match and Joe/Aries. Those two matches need to get 15+ minutes.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hernandez over Kash - not like this match matters, a toss up if I ever saw one.
Devon/Bischoff over Robbies E & T - Has the makings of the final match in the feud.
Tessmacher over Kim - Call it a hunch, but I think a title has to change hands here, and this is the one that makes sense.
Crimson over Chris Sabin - I think Sabin will challenge and have a good match with Crimson like he did Joe during his streak.
Bully Ray over Joesph Park - Can't see Ray losing the first match of this feud. I think this will go on to BFG.
Kaz/Daniels over AJ/Angle - They are the closest thing to a real tag team in the division, can't see them losing here.
Aries over Joe - Aries will only lose to the next X-Division champ, hopefully elevating that guy to Aries' level.
Some screwy finish in the #1 contender's match - "tune in to impact to find out more about this controversial finish" - Tenay
Roode over Sting - No chance Sting wins here.

·
Banned
1,678 Posts
^^ I was thinking the same thing, for a tenth anniversary, it isn't really anything special at all imo.

Some big suprises would be nice but hey its TNA, so forger about it, im kinda looking forward to bully ray/parks and im really hoping sting and roode can work a great match, but I highly doubt it, would be nice if sting came out in nostalgia style, i.e back to crow gimmick, i just hate the joker stuff tbh.

Anyways we in the UK don't get it live so I'll have to wait until Wednesday lol!!
I don't. My friend is putting it on Youtube and making it private and giving it to me.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Roode/Sting should be a solid match, will all depend on the finish for me though

Tag titles match should be a really good match with 4 very good workers, expecting something with the Dixie/AJ story here

Aries v Joe should be a brilliant match

Crimson open challenge interests me as to who they choose to go with, hopefully a TNA alumni - Monty Brown or Ken Shamrock would be brilliant

Bully Ray v Parks should be brilliant, the Joseph Parks character is great and I'm really interested by how they bring Abyss into it

Triple Threat should be decent and I expect the crowd to make it

Knockouts will be an ok match, think there might be a title change here

The Devon/Garrett v Robbies match will be a waste of time

Kash v Hernandez should be an OK match although it makes no sense, hopefully it's a way to reintroduce Hernandez as I'm a fan

HOF inductee - has to be Jarrett for me

It's not the strongest card in the world and the build up hasn't been the best but I actually think the show will be good, a number of matches which should be good to great and a number which should be OK

·
All Out
2,802 Posts
yep, I do hope sting/roode can go for 15mins at least and can work a good match.
Would be cool, I'll wait to judge Sting/Roode until it actually airs - I don't have my hopes up, but it might be good. The tag-title match will be awesome, and MOTN prediction has to be Aries/Joe. I want Aries to win, but maybe if they had Joe wn - it could spark a storyline where they get rid of the stupid weight limit they added to the X-Division (as NOT having that weight limit was one of the main reasons the Division stood out as something more significant than a Light-Heavyweight/Cruiserweight Division IMO), so that Joe could then challenge for the title in the Main Event of Destination X next month. Wishful thinking and probably wont happen, but would be cool if it did. Slammiversary could be especially awesome if they actually have Christian wrestle too...

·
Banned
1,565 Posts
As I've already said, seriously poor card for a 10th anniversary show, cant see why anybody would pay money for it.

There is no way that card is the best they could come up with.

Garrett?
Devon?
Robbies?
Kash?
Hernandez?

Yet no Magnus?
No Sabin?
No Mickie?

And no KOTM match?

WHY?

Just seems a waste to me. Should be a good crowd, in a new area and arena for TNA, and they have put together a very average card which just looks like a longer episode of Impact.

·
Registered
9,839 Posts
Roode better retain the belt tomorrow night. I expect a great PPV. Aries vs Joe, triple threat, tag team championships and the main-event should be some really good matches. I can see Jarrett making is return tomorrow night costing Sting the match. He could than complain thursday in a shoot promo about not being invited at the PPV.

·
Banned
1,565 Posts
Ok, well I asked dixie on twitter about the lack of Sabin/Magnus and she very kindly sent me a direct message:

Chris was just cleared to wrestle, was on the show last week. Magnus is about to return.
I guess that explains it then.

I think I may actually be a tad in love with Dixie. She is a smoking hot babe and a lovely women to boot.

·
Registered
22,784 Posts
Kid Kash vs. Hernandez - Uhhhh, why is this even happening? Anyone? Terrible on paper. Don't care in the slightest. Hope its a pre-show match.

Crimson's Open Challenge - So who will answer the challenge? Someone making their debut, like Morrison or Masters? I'm gonna go with Storm, and he'll Superkick the fuck out of Crimson, end the worst streak in recent memory and be on his way to Roode and the world title.

KNOCKOUTS CHAMPIONSHIP
Brooke Tessmacher vs. Gail Kim (c) - Don't care for women's matches these days. Might have been interested to watch it had Mickie James been involved, but ah well. Kim retains.

#1 CONTENDER'S MATCH
Rob Van Dam vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Mr. Anderson - 3 guys I can't stand. Yey. And one of these is going on to face Roode for the title? Hopefully just on Impact next week and not in a long running feud. I'll pick... Hardy to win. Why? I dunno. Someone has to win.

TV Champion Devon & Garett Bischoff vs. Robbie E & Robbie T - Dear god let this feud die already. It should have ended the moment D-Von first won the title and then gave Robbie his rematch. Instead they've kept it running for what, MONTHS now, and added Robbie T and Garett Bischoff into the mix? Did they think that would help? TNA might be doing a lot of things right atm, and putting on better shows than this time last year, but fuck, this is the bottom of the barrel shit. Babyfaces win.

Bully Ray vs. Joseph Park - Best feud going in TNA right now. Both characters are awesome, and while its maaaybe dragged on a tad too long, its still been super enjoyable and good. Abyss claiming he's showing up adds some intrigue to the match for me. Wonder how they'll go about it all. Parks/Abyss wins.

Samoa Joe vs. X Division Champion Austin Aries - On paper this match could be awesome... but seriously, a 2 week build (and one week was Aries spitting water on Joe...) for THIS match on the 10th Anniversary show? Hopefully the match does indeed deliver to make up for the lack of everything else. Aries wins, because he's the fucking greatest man alive.

WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
AJ Styles & Kurt Angle vs. Kazarian & Christopher Daniels - On the fence with this one. On one hand, you have the angle going into it that could be played up on, and you do have some really talented guys in the match as well, so it COULD be a very well done match. On the other hand, Angle is just randomly "there" for this with the whole AJ/Kaz/Daniels/Dixie feud going on... and it has a good chance of being nothing more than a 20 minute super fast paced move fest. People will enjoy it, and that's fine, but it isn't for me at all. I like storytelling in my matches, and it can be achieved with the fast pace style, I just don't have much faith in Kurt Angle to deliver that. Kaz and Daniels win.

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
Bobby Roode (c) vs. "The Icon" Sting - While the match was announced... less than 2 weeks before the show (?), the feud between them has at least been building for months. Not too interested in it though, because I don't think Sting is... good. That being said, I was pleasantly surprised with their match on Impact 2 weeks ago (other than the finish), so they do have the potential to put on a solid bout. Just won't really be PPV main event worth imo, and certainly not worthy of main eventing such a big show. Roode better fucking win. Sting had no business winning the belt. Roode retaining only helps him more, and him keeping the belt all the way to BFG will make Storm dethroning him that much sweeeeter.

1 - 20 of 1395 Posts