Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Banned
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After watching Smackdown this week I realized that these segments are almost always my favourite part of the show. I know some of you don't really like or understand the logic (if there's even one) behind these weekly squash matches but personally I love them.

Seeing as I have nothing better to do with my time I've decided to rate each jobber's appearance and then rank them by overall performance. Hopefully more people become involved in the construction of this ranking. So let's begin:

Week 1:

Name: Barry Stevens
Weight: 160 lbs
Trivia: Trained at Booker T's wrestling school
Review: The man who started it all. Supported by extreme self-confidence and outstanding oratory skills, Barry Stevens took the WWE Universe by storm with a now legendary introductory promo. Ryback managed to emerge victorious but it was Stevens who stole the show.
Promo: :steiner2 :steiner2 :steiner2 :steiner2 :steiner2
Match: :steiner2 :steiner2 :steiner2
Overall: :steiner2 :steiner2 :steiner2 :steiner2 1/2​

Great start. With his amazing performance earning an overall score of four and a half STEINERS, Barry Stevens seems to be on his way to a lengthy run as the Number 1 jobber in the WWE. Who will be strong enough to dethrone him from his rightful spot? Keep checking this thread for updates and find out!

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
THis latest jobber put the rest to shame. On the mic, that bounce off. Gold.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
Haven't cared about any of them except Barry Stevens.

Not to mention, it's old. We get it, he can beat no names. You know, Tensai moved on after the second jobber he beat, and they were actually WWE jobbers, not just no name jobbers off the street. If they want us to care about this guy, they need to start letting him beat people of some standing, even moderate standing. It's amazing to be able to say that he's been on WWE tv for 4 weeks, he's won 4 matches, and he hasn't beaten a single WWE performer yet.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I thought the latest jobber, Jacob Kaye, was really good on the mic, better even than Benny Camer. He even had a better look. Yeah I said it!

These Ryback sqaushes are still awesome I gotta say, they're actually a highlight of Smackdown. I think that says less of Smackdown than it says more of Ryback, but whatever...

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Anyone notice how weird the latest jobber's neck was? When he got hit with that Ryback lariat I thought his neck had snapped. Now THAT'S selling!

·
Banned
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Week 2:

Name: Benny Camer
Weight: 185 lbs
Trivia: Dolph Ziggler's long-lost younger brother
Review: Short but sweet. Benny Camer showed a lot of promise early on with the way he carried himself while being introduced but the length and forgettable content of his promo end up hurting his overall score. The outcome of the match could have easily been in Camer's favor but once again Ryback prevailed, due in large part to a devastating clothesline delivered on his unsuspecting opponent.
Promo: :steiner2 :steiner2
Match: :steiner2 :steiner2 :steiner2 :steiner2
Overall: :steiner2 :steiner2 :steiner2 3/4​

Even with some harsh competition Barry Stevens continues to lead our ranking. How many challengers can our champion withstand?

Current Ranking:
1st place- Barry Stevens: 4 1/2 STEINERS
2nd place- Benny Camer: 3 3/4 STEINERS

·
"This is real..."
1,202 Posts
The jobber this week sounded almost exactly like Christian. It was kinda freaky.

·
Premium Member
8,587 Posts
It's official. Jacob Kaye is the best Ryback jobber, Barry Stevens is a complete afterthought.

Seriously though, this guy was pretty good on the mic for a jobber. He didn't come across as nervous at all.

This was also the best Ryback match so far in my opinion. That big boot, clothesline and military press slam were epic.

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
It's official. Jacob Kaye is the best Ryback jobber, Barry Stevens is a complete afterthought.

Seriously though, this guy was pretty good on the mic for a jobber. He didn't come across as nervous at all.

This was also the best Ryback match so far in my opinion. That big boot, clothesline and military press slam were epic.

Thanks for the link dude I was wondering if he was really good or ''good'' xD, damn that's some real mic skills there.

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
Jacob Kaye was actually pretty damn good. Of course, the only way we can truly understand his potential is to place him one on one with the greatest jobber on Erf, Barry Stevens.

Another note, Ryback's lariat is god-damn-brutal.

You should also review the acting ability of the dorks they cut to backstage every week who say stuff like "Awwwww yeah" and "Here we go!"
It's been all jobbers in the back every match, aside from the Legends show. I could see alot of those guys ending up in this very thread once they wean Ryback off the local guys.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts