#1 Somamaniac
13,602 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts

·
Registered
22,949 Posts
Wow. That was actually intriguing. Taven not doing that stupid heel sthick he's been doing for so long now and actually talking like a normal person and cutting a compelling promo. That's jarring.

Of all the big companies, not only does it feel like ROH has the worst social media presence, but their TV feels practically meaningless. They are always behind when it comes to TV. Big angles always get spoiled and you don't see them on TV until weeks after. And it feels like you never know what's going with them.

·
THE EXTREME HORSEMEN
5,979 Posts
WON

The big questions regards talent whose deals are up within the next few months, most notably Marty Scurll, Brody King, Jeff Cobb and Bandido. Scurll’s deal expires on 11/30 and people have believed he was AEW bound when his deal was up from the moment AEW was formed. ROH is said to have been making a strong offer to try and keep him and there’s always WWE, because he’d be a lock to be a top star in NXT with his ready-made name to that audience. Cobb’s big thing is still wanting to work as much New Japan as possible, and Bandido is the same, but one would think everyone wants Bandido. In the case of Bandido, another option those close to him have noted to us is that he signs nowhere, with the idea he could be the top guy who is a pure indie and could work for anyone, the way Pentagon & Fenix have been

·
Registered
703 Posts
Considering none of these guys have any storylines of being written off at this point, i'd be surprised if they didn't at least finish up with Final Battle and Fallout if they were leaving. I guess on the other hand too, they don't have any storylines heading into Final Battle either.

I gotta imagine some will stay, because if Marty doesn't get the big contract, i imagine King/Cobb/Bandido will take it.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Wow. That was actually intriguing. Taven not doing that stupid heel sthick he's been doing for so long now and actually talking like a normal person and cutting a compelling promo. That's jarring.

Of all the big companies, not only does it feel like ROH has the worst social media presence, but their TV feels practically meaningless. They are always behind when it comes to TV. Big angles always get spoiled and you don't see them on TV until weeks after. And it feels like you never know what's going with them.
Agreed... and so now the angle is we dont know if TKO Ryan was in on the attacks or not. So i imagine he will play a big role in that match.

And completely agree about ROH's social media/marketing/TV. The ROH Honor CLub shows have been mostly really good this year, but they do nothing to promote/advertise themselves. In the past they didn't need to. Now with AEW/Impact/NWA/MLW/NJPW-A they (ROH management) either need to step up or they will get rolled over. No one wants to pay, for what they can get free elsewhere.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Also add PCO to that list who is without a contract after 11/30, and wrestling Rush in the main event of the biggest ROH PPV of the year. I'm guessing either PCO resigned or he will be on a handshake deal through Final Battle. Personally, ROH has treated PCO like gold and hopefully he can stick around another year and if not, hope that AEW gives him a chance.

·
Le Champion
18,651 Posts
There's no shows to build towards Final Battle which is still roughly a month away. I don't see how they're gonna generate any buzz or interest at all in the show. Could be one of the worst attendances for a FB in years... or maybe ever? There's still hundreds of floor seats left. :/

·
Mr Big Shot
20 Posts
I really hope ROH keeps the majority of those guys. Apart from Scurll I think he can be a big star for AEW, AEW needs more talent as I think there roster is soo thin.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I really hope ROH keeps the majority of those guys. Apart from Scurll I think he can be a big star for AEW, AEW needs more talent as I think there roster is soo thin.
Based on how AEW is operating.... I assume they are being very selective at this point. They don't want to pay people to not be on TV. That being said, they already have quite a few who aren't on their weekly 2 hour show. Not saying they can't upgrade, but think they want to put effort into making the wrestlers they have valuable.

That being said, i assume ROH's free agents will be in high demand.

3161 - 3180 of 3624 Posts