Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 2312 Posts

·
Raevolution is a Mystery
23,791 Posts

wwe.com said:
Ding, dong, “People Power” is dead! Kaput. Dunzo. Eighty-sixed. Adios. John Laurinaitis and his controversial initiative got the hard goodbye at No Way Out after John Cena defeated Big Show in a Steel Cage Match – a victory that carried the stipulation that Big Johnny would be future-endeavored if The World’s Largest Athlete couldn’t pick up the win. With Cena standing victorious and the power structure of Raw suddenly up in the air, the first Raw SuperShow A.L. (after Laurinaitis) is sure to carry plenty of implications. Here are five developments to watch out for.

Bye bye, Big Johnny (?)

“People Power” met its ignominious end in the swamps of New Jersey, and Mr. Excitement has officially found himself out of a job as a result of Big Show’s defeat. But is the scheming GM really gone for good? Monday will be the first Raw SuperShow of the post-“People Power” era, and there’s sure to be some discussion about who will succeed Big Johnny as the red brand’s authority figure. But if there’s one thing the WWE Universe has learned, it’s that Laurinaitis is cleverer than most, and it’s possible he’s got one last ace up his sleeve (see what we did there). Have we seen the last of Laurinaitis?

Will Brock and Heyman play The Game?

At No Way Out, Triple H made his first return to a WWE ring since his injury at Brock Lesnar’s hands, baiting the wrecking machine with a one-on-one challenge to settle their differences in lieu of Lesnar’s two existing lawsuits against WWE. Lesnar’s legal representative Paul Heyman will almost certainly have some kind of a response for The King of Kings but will the ECW mastermind and his ruthless protégé accept The Game’s offer? Or will the COO need to sweeten the pot to get Brock to play ball?

Is AJ playing with fire?

The sneaky smile on AJ's face as Kane carried her away may have spoken volumes about where her heart really lies. The unbalanced Diva shared another stunning kiss with The Big Red Monster at No Way Out, then later wound up helping WWE Champion CM Punk win the Triple Threat Match by interfering as Kane had control of the battle. Is AJ actually attracted to Kane? Or is she just toying with The Big Red Monster? And if the latter is the case, will Kane torment AJ and make her regret using him as a pawn in the bizarre love triangle?

The last straw for Ziggler and Swagger?

Something that hasn’t quite been addressed yet: In the Fatal 4-Way that won him the No. 1 contender spot for Sheamus’ title, Dolph Ziggler actually pinned his estranged tag partner, Jack Swagger, to make it to the final two against Christian. The Showoff has gone on record to say he’s grown tired of his tag team with The All-American American, and Vickie Guerrero is surely grasping at straws trying to keep her stable intact. Will costing his partner a shot at the World Title be the straw that broke the camel’s back?

The revolution will be televised?

As Raw SuperShow rolls into Zack Ryder’s home turf at the Nassau Coliseum, the Zack Pack is growing restless. The Ultimate Broski has been absent the last few weeks from Raw, and the ravenous denizens of the LI will be champing at the bit to see their boy in action. Ryder never disappoints his hometown crowd; what will the self-proclaimed “Internet Champion” have in store for his big homecoming?​

Also

wwe.com said:
Cyndi Lauper's "true colors" tonight will be the red of the Monday night brand. The Grammy, Emmy and Billboard Award-winning artist will make her eventful return to WWE when she appears as the guest star on Raw SuperShow!

The fallout and stuff from No Way Out

Who is our GM?!

Who are our world champions?

WHO STILL HAS A TUXEDO?!
Obviously not the official preview.

Discuss.

Could be a good Raw.

·
Banned
1,345 Posts
Re: **Official Raw Discussion Thread - 6/18/12**

The board will re-instate Big johnny if Lesnar wins against HHH at Summerslam. Most likely thats the direction they are heading.

cant wait for corny cena promo.

·
Hit the kitchen up, and water whip. SKRRT
4,030 Posts

Raws after PPV's are always good. except after otl. i think it'll be ok, hopefully the beginning of the big summer storyline which will change the landscape blah blah. i want to see who the next contender for the wwe title is, who cenas next feud will be against, where the fuck was dbryan at the end of that match?

·
Registered
5,247 Posts

Yeah i'm quite looking forward to this. It's that time of year where they get creativeso i'm hoping we get something good. The way that show ended does suggest we might get something fresh & original.

It's more so hope than expectation though.

·
No Biggie Mr. Smalls
5,510 Posts

I'll be there. Holding out for a Brock appearance.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts

Ace will get his job back in a messy Brock/HHH finish at SS.
Most likely.

Really glad I didn't order tonight's pay-per-view, reading the results. Yuck.

Oh well, looking forward to Lesnar/Triple H at Summerslam, live and in person, regardless.

·
All Out
2,802 Posts

Obviously not the official preview.

Discuss.

Could be a good Raw.
Could be. Hoping they have a good follow-up for the GM storyline (like Heyman as the temporary GM), but expecting the worst (like Hornswoggle)...

·
Registered
6,912 Posts

I'll be there. Heyman showing up would be awesome, Brock even better. Interested to see if they follow up with ZigZag and the title/AJ picture.

·
Banned
609 Posts

The first segment.

John Cena comes out and thanks the WWE universe.
Dolph Ziggler comes out says he got robbed.
John Cena def. Dolph Ziggler

·
Registered
4,261 Posts

Only Brock can really save this summer. Hope he breaks HBK's arm off at RAW 1000.

·
19,155 Posts

The first segment.

John Cena comes out and thanks the WWE universe.
Dolph Ziggler comes out says he got robbed.
John Cena def. Dolph Ziggler
Sounds about right, along with Ziggler tapping out in the middle of the ring with Vicki pouting over it.

Only Brock can really save this summer. Hope he breaks HBK's arm off at RAW 1000.[/QUOTE]

It's almost a fool's bet that this will be happening.

·
19,155 Posts

So I'm wondering if Ziggler goes back to mid-card hell.
They'll probably start to try to give him some kind of Miz-from-three-years-ago push after getting crushed by Sheamus and Cena in a 24-hour time period. Climb through the ranks, change the look, disassociate from Vicki, sign on with AW, etceteras... Except about a month or six weeks into it, they'll completely drop it and start doing something else, because Vince is three years more out of touch, crazed and apparently half-senile.

·
Administrator
59,127 Posts

They'll probably start to try to give him some kind of Miz-from-three-years-ago push after getting crushed by Sheamus and Cena in a 24-hour time period. Climb through the ranks, change the look, disassociate from Vicki, sign on with AW, etceteras... Except about a month or six weeks into it, they'll completely drop it and start doing something else, because Vince is three years more out of touch, crazed and apparently half-senile.
Oh my.

I hope they don't change his look. I remember when he had a hair cut he looked so generic.

·
Registered
5,514 Posts

After tonight's shitfest, I hope they have SOMETHING, ANYTHING interesting

1 - 20 of 2312 Posts