Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 2183 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Last night John Cena proved to be true to his word and called the WWE Championship match between Randy Orton and Wade Barrett right down the middle. However, it was a well struck RKO from Orton followed by a count to 3 from Cena that lead to Orton retaining his title, but perhaps more importantly, cost John Cena his job as a WWE Superstar. Where does Raw go from here now that the time of John Cena has apparently come to an end?

Discuss.​

·
Registered
978 Posts
I'm calling it now, I think Barrett will be granted a rematch from the GM due to Cena's "interference" and I think he will win the title on Raw. It would be the perfect ratings booster for them and it will offer the "swerve" that everyone expected right on free TV for everyone to see.

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
fpalm Idk.... I just... don't... know... fpalm

A must see RAW though... wonder WTF they will do next after this major WTF choice....

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
maybe cena will come out and suck ortons dick some more, and then get rko'd. and then later that night, he will help orton because as much as he was barretts bitch, he's ortons bitch even worse. oh and after he helps orton he will get punted.
^Fixed :D

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I'm calling it now, I think Barrett will be granted a rematch from the GM due to Cena's "interference" and I think he will win the title on Raw. It would be the perfect ratings booster for them and it will offer the "swerve" that everyone expected right on free TV for everyone to see.
This. Please, this.

·
Asuka
96,568 Posts
Don't bet on it. At this point I have no faith at all in WWE to put the title on Barrett. At least not while he's the leader of Nexus.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Tell me about it. Y'know, as much as I love Sheamus, it irks me now how they just went and spunked a push on him and seemingly out of nowhere he went and won the WWE Title - but Barrett is now three for three in failed attempts to win the gold. The chase is all well and good when you're a baby face, but anyone else and they start to look a bit of a bitch - something I don't wanna see happen to Wade.

·
Asuka
96,568 Posts
It's all about politics. That horrid clown kissed Triple H's ass, so he got the belt. Barrett needs to follow suit. He's too good to turn into a main event jobber, which is what he will be at this rate. I can't imagine him not becoming WWE Champion at some point, but by the time they do let him have it the audience won't care anymore. BAD booking.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
It seems Barrett won't become champion at least until after WM, WWE seems trying to put more effort to give some prestige to most of their belts again, so i expect Orton will hold the belt until WM to keep it warm for The Miz and also in order to keep Orton relevant in ME picture.

·
Asuka
96,568 Posts
Yeah, and everybody knows the best way to give your belt prestige is to keep it on a guy who requires a limited acting role and is playing 3'rd fiddle as a background character in a storyline between two superior talents. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
978 Posts
If I'm WWE creative, the last thing I want to do is kill Wade's heel heat he's been receiving. He's arguably (probably) the most over heel in the company and a guy who can boost his character to new heights with the title around his waist. He's the type of guy who can thrive off the egotistical super heel character if given the opportunity to sport the gold. He may not be the greatest in ring performer, but that shouldn't take away from the fact that he's the brightest mic worker the WWE has had in terms of building legitimate heel heat in a long time. Maximize what the guy has now rather then continuing to drag it on, he's at the point where he at least deserves a shot. They have nothing to lose to put the belt an him at this point imo.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Yeah, and everybody knows the best way to give your belt prestige is to keep it on a guy who requires a limited acting role and is playing 3'rd fiddle as a background character in a storyline between two superior talents. :rolleyes:
At least they make him a strong champion, that Piper promo also put the belt over big time, Cena getting fired as a consequence of not wanting to disgrace the belt also gives the belt a very prestigious feel, so when someone finally takes the title off Orton it will be a huge deal, and i'm sure that person will be The Miz. Barrett is gonna be busy with Cena and probably the GM until WM as a result from the ending last night.

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
Having read comments about on the internet in non-smark places, alot of people are saying they will quit watching WWE if Cena is actually fired

So unless they want to shoot themselves in the foot they need to go with that guys idea of rematch tommorow on RAW where Cena screws Randy or just does it down the middle and Barrett actually wins on his own

Edit : I was thinking maybe in the same way that Nexus appeared on RAW many times while "not being under contract" , Cena could just show up on RAW and raise hell against Nexus "even though hes fired"

·
Asuka
96,568 Posts
So what if they make him strong? He's still a joke and has been playing a background character his entire reign. I don't want to see it happen, but if WWE absolutely HAS to have a dominant champion for a while, then please God, put it on Triple H. Randy Orton sucks fat from a cow's ass.

·
Registered
978 Posts
At least they make him a strong champion, that Piper promo also put the belt over big time, Cena getting fired as a consequence of not wanting to disgrace the belt also gives the belt a very prestigious feel, so when someone finally takes the title off Orton it will be a huge deal, and i'm sure that person will be The Miz. Barrett is gonna be busy with Cena and probably the GM until WM as a result from the ending last night.
I have nothing against the Miz and think he's good in spurts, however I don't see him as a main eventer and certainly don't think he should hold the title before Barrett ever does. My personal opinion, other's may not agree.

·
Registered
978 Posts
So what if they make him strong? He's still a joke and has been playing a background character his entire reign. I don't want to see it happen, but if WWE absolutely HAS to have a dominant champion for a while, then please God, put it on Triple H. Randy Orton sucks fat from a cow's ass.
Yeah I really don't care for Orton myself.

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
If Cena does stay off air for a while before being brought back , then we need HHH ASAP , like tonights RAW type of ASAP

Because Orton is now the only main event face on RAW.... John Morrison & Bryan Danielson are the next closest thing up the ladder to main event faces and they can't really stand against Nexus cause they aren't booked like that

HHH however , being beyond SuperCena can come back and be the one standing against Nexus

Otherwise , with Cena out of the picture and no other faces to suck Randy Ortons cock , Nexus can finally get away with their attempts to "End his career" because there would be no Cena stopping them or anything

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
I have nothing against the Miz and think he's good in spurts, however I don't see him as a main eventer and certainly don't think he should hold the title before Barrett ever does. My personal opinion, other's may not agree.
Honestly, i personally don't think The Miz is ready to be main eventer yet especially when it comes to wrestling despite him being awesome in any other area, he's not even better than Ted DiBiase in the ring and Ted is an under-carder right now. But what we think doesn't matter to WWE, they care more about the sport entertainment factors, The Miz is very good at that, he can make every segment entertaining and memorable, he's a great sport entertainer, besides, there's no other credible guy who can fill his spot right now, he's the most developed performer at the moment. I personally think John Morrison also deserves to be in Miz's position because he's like the exact opposite of The Miz, he's far more reliable in the ring, i know he has a hard time to make a feud become memorable most of the time and his mic work leaves a lot to be desired but i can blame it mostly on the bookers for always giving him crappy material and inconsistent booking, he's actually very charismatic but the over-robotic script material prevents him from showing it, he truly can outshine anyone if they let him show his own personality.

·
Banned
8,557 Posts
Should be good,(both quality in the show and ratings)

Austin's firing got a .2 increase in rating, it should be the same with Cena's.

I expect Raw to hit 3.3+

And I will mark if Hunter comes back tonight.

1 - 20 of 2183 Posts