Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 2907 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

For one night only, WWE goes old school on a live, three-hour edition of Monday Night Raw. See Superstars from the past and present and turn back the clock for a memorable night.

Discuss.​

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Anything that involves Dusty Rhodes is gold!

·
These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
13,977 Posts
can't wait! shall we call it WWF for one night?:D

·
8,232 Posts
GUESS WHAT MOTHERFUCKERS?!

Sheiky Baby is in the house tonight! :D

I'M GOING TO BREAK THE NEXUS BACK, FACK WADE BARRETT IN DA ASS, AND MAKE THEM ALL HOOMBLE!~

Not to mention it's WWF tonight. OMFG, I'll mark out if they go full fledged mode and really act like it's the 90's again. If I hear "World Wrestling Federation" by Vince McMahon, it would be the most awesome thing to happen in wrestling in YEARS.

:D

·
Fear Me!
3,444 Posts
Really looking forward to RAW, it's going to be good seeing all these legends return for one night again. I'm also hoping they go all out, and have the old school entrance, as well as the old school theme. Man, that would be awesome! :D

·
These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
13,977 Posts

I'M GOING TO BREAK THE NEXUS BACK, FACK WADE BARRETT IN DA ASS, AND MAKE THEM ALL HOOMBLE!~

Not to mention it's WWF tonight. OMFG, I'll mark out if they go full fledged mode and really act like it's the 90's again. If I hear "World Wrestling Federation" by Vince McMahon, it would be the most awesome thing to happen in wrestling in YEARS.

would be cool to see vince on commentary for one night.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
would be cool to see vince on commentary for one night.
Fuck Vince, I want JR. Seriously, if he doesn't return for tonight we riot :cuss:

Well, actually what we'll do is sit at our computer screens and type but you get the idea.

·
Asuka
96,569 Posts
The Sheikuation™;9043663 said:

I'M GOING TO BREAK THE NEXUS BACK, FACK WADE BARRETT DAVID OTUNGA IN DA ASS, AND MAKE THEM ALL HOOMBLE!~

There, now we're all set.

Not excited about this Raw at all, I don't like the 80's/early 90's of wrestling at all, but Sheiky Baby will be there, so there's a positive. But why are they doing an Old School Raw instead of building for Survivor Series?

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
I agree with Pryo, why are they doing a unecessary gimmick raw show when they have only announced three matches for Survivor Series, which by the way is this coming sunday :confused:

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Pyro is right this time, I don't care for those old wrestlers at all.
And if Dusty Rhodes speaks, please WWE, please give us some subtitles. That guy is just horrible.

·
11,236 Posts
There, now we're all set.

Not excited about this Raw at all, I don't like the 80's/early 90's of wrestling at all, but Sheiky Baby will be there, so there's a positive. But why are they doing an Old School Raw instead of building for Survivor Series?
It does make room for the Survivor Series elimination match though, since there isn't an obvious match right now using guys on the main roster can't you just see the remaining Nexus members against a team of Legends?

·
Asuka
96,569 Posts
It does make room for the Survivor Series elimination match though, since there isn't an obvious match right now using guys on the main roster can't you just see the remaining Nexus members against a team of Legends?
I can see that happening, but wouldn't you rather see the 5 Nexus guys that aren't Cena and Barrett face a SmackDown team? I figured that's why they were invading SmackDown. Fuck the legends. I don't want to see Piper's 10,000 lbs. ass waddle down to the ring looking like the Loch Ness Monster.

Otunga, Gabriel, Slater, McGillicutty, Harris vs Big Show, Kofi, Swagger, and 2 other random guys. I don't know who. Not Rey or Del Rio, they should be facing each other, and not MVP and Ziggler, since they should also be facing each other for the US title. Maybe just throw 2 useless guys in there like Masters and Reks.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Pyro™;9043913 said:
I can see that happening, but wouldn't you rather see the 5 Nexus guys that aren't Cena and Barrett face a SmackDown team? I figured that's why they were invading SmackDown. Fuck the legends. I don't want to see Piper's 10,000 lbs. ass waddle down to the ring looking like the Loch Ness Monster.

Otunga, Gabriel, Slater, McGillicutty, Harris vs Big Show, Kofi, Swagger, and 2 other random guys. I don't know who. Not Rey or Del Rio, they should be facing each other, and not MVP and Ziggler, since they should also be facing each other for the US title. Maybe just throw 2 useless guys in there like Masters and Reks.
IC title you mean?

And yeh, i'd also rather see them facing Team WWE again instead of facing legends, i just cringed at imagining Slater overselling one of the legends' weak punch.

·
11,236 Posts

From a match perspective absolutely, Nexus vs Legends would suck. It would however allow for a much more dominating win since the Lengends don't need to be protected in that way which is good for the group as a whole, I would have Nexus finish with 4 members, Otunga being the only one pinned :lmao

If you don't care about keeping Nexus look even slightly relevent then sure, go with Team Smackdown. My picks would be Big Show, Kofi, Swagger, Rhodes and Kaval (you'll note that I've picked former NXT pros currently on Smackdown and not involved in their own angles, if Christian wasn't injured he'd be on the team instead of Swagger)

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
I was only a baby when all these old guys were wrestling, so I'm not really fussed about this "old school" Raw tonight.

I'd much prefer some Attitude Era nostalgia. :) /broken record

·
Asuka
96,569 Posts
IC title you mean?

And yeh, i'd also rather see them facing Team WWE again instead of facing legends, i just cringed at imagining Slater overselling one of the legends' weak punch.
No, I meant the Hardcore title. ~_~ Of course I meant the IC title, what title is Ziggler holding? Come on.

From a match perspective absolutely, Nexus vs Legends would suck. It would however allow for a much more dominating win since the Lengends don't need to be protected in that way which is good for the group as a whole, I would have Nexus finish with 4 members, Otunga being the only one pinned :lmao
I guess you're right on that. I think they could find a way for Nexus to beat Team SmackDown, though. Have one of the weak ones get pinned.

If you don't care about keeping Nexus look even slightly relevent then sure, go with Team Smackdown.
Why would they look more relevent going against guys who haven't been relevent themselves in 15-20 years? Sure, they'd win easier, but the match would look worthless. A match with Team SmackDown would at least carry some legitimacy.

My picks would be Big Show, Kofi, Swagger, Rhodes and Kaval (you'll note that I've picked former NXT pros currently on Smackdown and not involved in their own angles, if Christian wasn't injured he'd be on the team instead of Swagger)
I hate Swagger, but he should be on the team. He's a former World Heavyweight Champion, it adds legitimacy to the team. If Christian wasn't injured, he should replace Rhodes. Kaval can stay so he takes the easy pin, and maybe have Hennig pin him to push the fact that he feels he was screwed coming in as the runner up on NXT season 2. Not that I want to see that dolt pushed, but it makes storyline sense.

1 - 20 of 2907 Posts