Wrestling Forum banner

101 - 120 of 2063 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
LOL at the Bucks choosing ROH over PWG even before you factor in that they owe all their success to PWG and are part owners now (listen to Joey's F4W interview).
You are 100 percent correct, however I read somewhere that they said on the Kevin Steen show that they would do NJPW & ROH cause they pay them the most. Since when are they part owners btw?

·
Registered
674 Posts
PWG bought this on themselves . They were told not to job out ROH talent , yet did so anyway . Now PWG will have to create their roster with their own money if they want to survive .
Michael Elgin losing to Trevor Lee was not a job.

Trevor Lee is a very respected and talented wrestler. I think Michael Elgin looked good at BOLA. Also wrestling in PWG helped him to improve as a performer which was good for ROH too.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Theory that WWN becomes a full time China promotion. WHO KNOWS?! Which would possibly remove them from the PWG equation.
I saw a lot of talk on twitter about that, but where did that info even come from? From my understanding, that rumor was based on the China shows being huge but I haven't been able to find anything regarding that. Besides, even if they went full time in China, do they even run enough shows for that to affect PWG?

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
I've read that Matt and Nick bought Top Gun Talwar and Disco Machine's shares in PWG. Not sure if it's true or not. Either way I think they definitely have some pull in PWG, whether officially or unofficially. I'd be very surprised if this happened and they chose ROH over PWG.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I think it would be good for ROH to not allow their talent to fight on so many indy shows. I like the indy promotions and I like almost everything that happens there, but I have a problem with seeing the same guy in a different position at the same period of time, both heel and babyface. 20 years ago, if AJ, for example, would come back to ROH you would see him only in ROH.

On the other hand, for PWG it would be a big loss. One of the reasons I watch PWG is because of the matches between the wrestlers from ROH and DGUSA/EVOLVE.

·
Registered
45,092 Posts
If Bucks stopped working PWG for ROH b/c of ROH wanting to make their talent more brand exclusive (a solid move), then nothing in wrestling would make sense to me anymore.

·
Banned
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
Meltzer:

There was a story broken by Jason Powell of Pro Wrestling.net that ROH has talked about limiting where wrestlers can work on their off days in 2015 and mentioning PWG. There have been talks at times regarding contracted talent not being allowed to work for other groups, but talent has never been told anything past that they can’t appear on iPPVs or PPVs without permission.

·
Registered
18,879 Posts

·
Registered
18,879 Posts
Also, does anybody think with Cole's ROH contract coming to an end soon, and this show title, that he might be NXT-bound?
He "might" be NXT-bound? That pretty motherfucker is gonna go through NXT and then main event Wrestlemania one day, might even be the future Face of the WWE.

BA-BAY!!!!

101 - 120 of 2063 Posts