Wrestling Forum banner

81 - 100 of 2063 Posts

·
Registered
18,879 Posts
Does this affect the Young Bucks? Shitty news either way.
I don't think so. It seems The Bucks have some type of part-time (sound familiar? :cool2) gig with ROH and even if they were forced to choose between ROH & PWG, I think The Bucks would choose PWG over ROH due to:

1) connection and history they have there in Reseda
2) past rocky relationship with ROH
3) good money (according to them) made in NJPW.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I don't think so. It seems The Bucks have some type of part-time (sound familiar? :cool2) gig with ROH and even if they were forced to choose between ROH & PWG, I think The Bucks would choose PWG over ROH due to:

1) connection and history they have there in Reseda
2) past rocky relationship with ROH
3) good money (according to them) made in NJPW.
No one is picking PWG over ROH . That would be bad business . The Bucks have stated on the Kevin Steen show that their bookings for NJPW come first . Then the Bucks call ROH and let them know when they are available . Then the Bucks fill in with indy dates. PWG is an indy , ROH is not. ROH is running 46 dates this year , ROH owns over 100 tv stations , has PPV , has a relationship with NJPW and can pay a lot more than PWG . At the end of the day PWG is a couple of guys running out of an American Legion hall , while ROH is part of a multi- billion dollar publicly traded corporation . That just reality .

The Bucks have a good relationship with ROH . These men have families and bills to pay . No one is turning down ROH because they are friends with Super Dragon.

PWG bought this on themselves . They were told not to job out ROH talent , yet did so anyway . Now PWG will have to create their roster with their own money if they want to survive .

·
Registered
18,879 Posts
No one is picking PWG over ROH . That would be bad business . The Bucks have stated on the Kevin Steen show that their bookings for NJPW come first . Then the Bucks call ROH and let them know when they are available . Then the Bucks fill in with indy dates. PWG is an indy , ROH is not. ROH is running 46 dates this year , ROH owns over 100 tv stations , has PPV , has a relationship with NJPW and can pay a lot more than PWG . At the end of the day PWG is a couple of guys running out of an American Legion hall , while ROH is part of a multi- billion dollar publicly traded corporation . That just reality .

The Bucks have a good relationship with ROH . These men have families and bills to pay . No one is turning down ROH because they are friends with Super Dragon.

PWG bought this on themselves . They were told not to job out ROH talent , yet did so anyway . Now PWG will have to create their roster with their own money if they want to survive .
My keyword was if.

Thanks for clearing things up though.

·
Registered
18,879 Posts
No if and buts . No one in their right mind. picking PWG over ROH . They would stand to lose thousands of dollars if they went with PWG . Glad to clear things up .

BTW , I don't have anything against PWG .
Holy shit, I didn't know ROH was worth BILLIONS though.

They've come a long way.

·
Registered
882 Posts
As I stated on the previous page, there is plenty of talent that PWG can get to replace the ROH guys. Besides its not like ROH has an eye for talent anymore so I wouldn't worry about ROH grabbing the best free agents.

·
Registered
10,592 Posts
I have mixed reactions on the whole ROH guys not competing in PWG thing. Imo, I only really started liking this promotion once the ROH and other big indy names started coming in on a regular basis. I really don't want to see the likes of Peter Avalon and Ray Rosas main eventing a show. On the other hand though, a lot of matches are recycled to the point where it feels like ROH-lite. Maybe it will give PWG an opportunity to develop the next best damn thing indy wrestling. I'm talking about Trevor Lee of course.

·
Registered
12,661 Posts
would definitly be a big hit for PWG, but they would survive and still put on solid shows. But would definitly hurt.

Young Bucks, Busick, Gulak, Uhaa, Ryan, LaRae, Lee, Cage, Hero, Taylor, Gargano.

I'd watch that indy.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Holy shit, I didn't know ROH was worth BILLIONS though.

They've come a long way.
Just to clarify the poster you were responding to didn't mean that ROH itself is a billion dollar company, he was referring to the fact that ROH is now owned not just by "some guy" or group of guys like a real indy company, they are owned by Sinclair Broadcasting which is a huge media conglomerate that owns a shit load of TV stations and is worth a lot of money. ROH apparently is nicely profitable and I'd safely say they're probably worth a few million but definitely nowhere near a billion, hell WWE is barely even a billion dollar company.

·
Lethargic Llama, follow me on twitter
3,483 Posts
Aren't the Bucks part owners of pwg? I would assume they would stay with pwg in that case.
What happened between Lee and Elgin? Is it because Lee beat Elgin?

·
Registered
882 Posts
Samoa Joe and Aries is available.
What indie bookings have they done recently? Wouldn't mind seeing either back in PWG.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Not sure about Joe but I know Aries did something in the UK recently and he's done some stuff for another promotoon in California. I want to say IWF but I'm not exactly sure if that's their correct name.

The news sucks if it's true but I think PWG would get through it. Looking at the roster they'd only be losing ACH, Cole, Elgin, O'Reilly, Strong and Ciampa. Cole and Strong are the only two on that list I'd consider a big loss. On the bright side it opens a lot of spots for new guys to make a name for themselves.

·
Registered
882 Posts
PWG would also lose the Young Bucks as well.

·
Registered
18,879 Posts
PWG would also lose the Young Bucks as well.
I seriously doubt it, but if PWG lost The Bucks they'd be finished.

Losing The Bucks is like losing your testicles.

81 - 100 of 2063 Posts