Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 449 Posts

·
Veni, vidi, vici
14,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
C'mon in, political pundants of all assortments (invitation to all those who want to discuss - that includes you, Aussies and Brits). Talk about ideologies, parties, candidates, government, corruption, etc, etc,. This is not a thread to forcefully promote or attempt to disseminate your views onto someone else. If I have learned anything in life, there's two things that are NOT worth arguing (for obvious reasons):

1. religion
2. politics

Biggest news of 10/05/2011, besides the bereavement of Apple CEO Steve Jobs, is that Sarah Palin wont be seeking GOP candidacy.

The headliners for the Republican nomination seem to be: Mitt Romney and Rick Perry, with Romney by all accounts having a narrow lead after Perry's scrutiny recently at debates and straw polls.

·
Friends Come And Go,Banners Hang Forever
25,582 Posts
I guess us Canadians aren't welcome. :(

The apathy for our government in Canada seems pretty bad, and the candidates aren't really all that great either.

·
Men of Mayhem
7,330 Posts
Perry has dropped down to third, thank God; him and his, 'Social Security and Medicare/Medicaid are a ponzi scheme' killed him.

I have a lot of problems with Obama now (ObamaCare is crap, his stimulus bill was a joke and I am not sure how the Jobs Bill will turn out after all the changes that will inevitably happen if it even goes through) but I rather him be in office for another four years than have a Republican Candidate that is highly influenced by the Tea Baggers in office.

·
These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
13,966 Posts
Perry has dropped down to third, thank God; him and his, 'Social Security and Medicare/Medicaid are a ponzi scheme' killed him.

I have a lot of problems with Obama now (ObamaCare is crap, his stimulus bill was a joke and I am not sure how the Jobs Bill will turn out after all the changes that will inevitably happen if it even goes through) but I rather him be in office for another four years than have a Republican Candidate that is highly influenced by the Tea Baggers in office.
Same here. It always seems that the Republican camp jumps from one candidate to another. Next year will be interesting.

·
Veni, vidi, vici
14,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Near said:

If I was forced to vote for a Republican, I would reluctantly choose Perry but it is difficult to rally behind Republicans who have a false perception of reality for middle class Americans right now. Obama is not bad. Problem lies in his calm demeanor and his bipartison propoganda. He knows Congress is run by the Republicans now and was trying to appease them before all the liberals called him out on it. Now you have witnessed the president calling them (the Republicans) out at his conferences/speeches recently.

stevefox122 said:
I see no way this could go terribly terribly wrong
If it runs it course, it runs it course. The threads I have made that involved political legends and fables have garnered some interest. A meager amount (one or two threads maybe) have stretched 3-5 pages in length.

I guess us Canadians aren't welcome. :(

The apathy for our government in Canada seems pretty bad, and the candidates aren't really all that great either.
My fault. I remissfully forgot about our quiet neighbors to the north! That seems to be how things are here in America as well. People are fed up with politicians and are not as receptive as 08.

·
Men of Mayhem
7,330 Posts
If I was forced to vote for a Republican, I would reluctantly choose Perry but it is difficult to rally behind Republicans who have a false perception of reality for middle class Americans right now. Obama is not bad. Problem lies in his calm demeanor and his bipartison propoganda. He knows Congress is run by the Republicans now and was trying to appease them before all the liberals called him out on it. Now you have witnessed the president calling them (the Republicans) out at his conferences/speeches recently.
I may have came off as a bit bold, but I don't hold the opinion that Obama is bad, but I just have a few issues. Nonetheless, I do like a lot of things he has done or attempted to do.

Obama is an amazing talker, that got me to vote for him in '08, not to mention I didn't like the opposition. I consider myself a Conservative-Democrat; I agree with both parties on certain issues;

·
Banned
1,760 Posts
C'mon in, political pundants of all assortments (invitation to all those who want to discuss - that includes you, Aussies and Brits). Talk about ideologies, parties, candidates, government, corruption, etc, etc,. This is not a thread to forcefully promote or attempt to disseminate your views onto someone else. If I have learned anything in life, there's two things that are NOT worth arguing (for obvious reasons):

1. religion
2. politics

Biggest news of 10/05/2011, besides the bereavement of Apple CEO Steve Jobs, is that Sarah Palin wont be seeking GOP candidacy.

The headliners for the Republican nomination seem to be: Mitt Romney and Rick Perry, with Romney by all accounts having a narrow lead after Perry's scrutiny recently at debates and straw polls.
You're into politics? Politicians have a reputation for being 2 faced. This may explain why you called me a cunt in the rep section.

·
Veni, vidi, vici
14,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
If Holt was still here, he would be beyond excited to see a thread like this.

Why won't Sarah run?
She is mistaking for an inept politician. Partially because of how clueless she comes off in interviews, partially because of her recent irrelevant scandal with Glenn Rice, and partially because of her female composition. Overall, she did a tremendous job in Alaska. That state became much ethical after she cleaned house. Corruption was everywhere. She cut spending, has a genuinely good track record with the economy, and imposed regulations and more taxes on oil companies who were making off well.

She isn't my cup of tea but people despise her and find her dense in the head. Which is understandable, as she isn't a enigmatic public speaker and sucks at speaking, but yeah. Misconstrued.

·
Veni, vidi, vici
14,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
NearSamcro™;10414267 said:
I may have came off as a bit bold, but I don't hold the opinion that Obama is bad, but I just have a few issues. Nonetheless, I do like a lot of things he has done or attempted to do.

Obama is an amazing talker, that got me to vote for him in '08, not to mention I didn't like the opposition. I consider myself a Conservative-Democrat; I agree with both parties on certain issues;
It's all gravy. Anytime your slogan is "change we can believe in" you have to up the anty. Obama has not done so yet. It was a bit of a provocative campaign message but it was effective. I have some issues that I would like ironed out, too. I want him to figure out Guantanamo Bay and charge these terrorists federally with capital murder instead of allowing torturous activities down there, I would certainly like the troops removed to the extent that Ron Paul suggests, and I certainly want to see the economy turned around.

One thing working for him is he still has a vision and I don't think any candidate is as innovative as he can be.

NearSamcro™;10414280 said:
As posted above me: over exposure and not to mention she basically played suicide with her polices the last time around and for her to turn it around wouldn't float well.
That too. Inconsistency can getcha'.

·
These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
13,966 Posts
It's all gravy. Anytime your slogan is "change we can believe in" you have to up the anty. Obama has not done so yet. It was a bit of a provocative campaign message but it was effective. I have some issues that I would like ironed out, too. I want him to figure out Guantanamo Bay and charge these terrorists federally with capital murder instead of allowing torturous activities down there, I would certainly like the troops removed to the extent that Ron Paul suggests, and I certainly want to see the economy turned around.

One thing working for him is he still has a vision and I don't think any candidate is as innovative as he can be.
I think during that time everyone just loved hearing the word "change" and hearing the potential goodness that will come if Obama became president. At that point, the majority was in no way shape or form going to side with the Republicans. Isn't there some sort of plan in the works to keep troops in Afghanistan until 2024?

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
I must hand it to you Flex, I may have been wrong

This has been both kind and civil with a fairly non partisan view

I expected "MY FUCKING WAY IS BETTER" by now

maybe tomorrow

·
The North Remembers
20,747 Posts
I am a moderate who shares views with both Republican and Democrats.

I am anti-abortion, I am pro-bracketed taxes, I am pro high military-spending, I would like to see universal healthcare... that's all off the top of my head. I'd have to look at a chart to see more issues.

I do not vote, for I believe that most (not all) politicians are nothing but criminals who steal from the average American. They abuse their power, and use it to leverage for their own good. i don't think all are this way, but it truly seems like most are. I would like to trust them, but as of now, I cannot.

I don't really pay attention to the Presidential candidates too closely. I will follow the main headlines, and try to watch the debates. But that's about it.

As of now, looks like Mitt Romney will be the guy to represent the Pubs in the election.

·
Friends Come And Go,Banners Hang Forever
25,582 Posts
What is the downside of universal healthcare? I know its more taxes and far bigger lineups in hospitals with emergency rooms packed, but the positives outweigh the negatives imo. I would hate to live in a country without it.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Universal health offers a service for a wider range of people but lower the quality of care (like it are not the salary is big attraction to the medical field)

People dislike the public education let alone matter of life or death

I currently am having surgery on my legs to fix overly tight tendons and very flat feet (I have pain when I walk)

My insurance covers most of the procedure but not being "vital" I doubt public health care would and I would most likely just be given a basic brace (I may be wrong)

1 - 20 of 449 Posts