Wrestling Forum banner

9661 - 9680 of 9680 Posts

·
EXCELSIOR!
16,112 Posts
https://www.polygon.com/2019/11/18/20970489/pokemon-sword-shield-hacking-modding-national-dex-cut-monsters-nintendo-switch

EDIT: Despite the number of jabs I've thrown at mods of Pokemon games in previous pages of this thread, after seeing how Game Freak fucked up spectacularly with the model fiasco, I'd like to apologize to @Mox Girl and anyone else who enjoys Pokemods, considering a number of them they made the effort to maintain the national dex and implement some admittedly slick changes.

Oh and SciresM (the hacker in said article) also mentioned that the rumor of Sw/Sh bricking Switch consoles is thankfully a bunch of bullshit: https://twitter.com/SciresM/status/1195341413484883969

·
Registered
22,784 Posts
Been doing a bunch of Max Raids and some battle tower stuff the last few days, as well as some tournaments. Still having fun with it tbh. Almost got my starter to level 100 now, with the rest of my team in their 80's and a few in their 70's that I occasionally use for max raids if I need something with a particular type advantage. Main game was really easy overall, so nice that the stuff after is a challenge. Some of those 5 star max raid pokemon can be tough as hell, more so if you can't find any actual people to join you and its just the shitty computer lol. And the battle tower can be a challenge too since you are all level 50 and you never know going in what types your opponent is gonna have.

Also Galarian Mr Mime is somehow even more creepy. Please halp. It haunts me in my dreams.

·
EXCELSIOR!
16,112 Posts
So Snorlax, Toxtricity and Melmetal each have Gigantamax forms that are currently unavailable. In the case of Melmetal, it makes sense as to why you can't use it, but no logical reason has been given for G-Max Snorlax and G-Max Toxtricity being AWOL, considering both Pokes are readily available in Sw/Sh unlike Melmetal. Knowing Game Freak, however, these three are likely gonna be saved for Pokemon Gun / Scepter. :armfold

·
EXCELSIOR!
16,112 Posts

Guess we now know how
G-Max Toxtricity and G-Max Melmetal
are gonna make their way into Sw/Sh. Why they didn't just make
the Toxel you can get as a gift from the day care capable of evolving into a Gigantamax-capable Toxtricity
is anyone's guess, but dumbfuck juice seems to be GF's beverage of choice during Gen. VIII's development cycle.

·
Registered
22,784 Posts
Spent about an hour doing nothing but random trades the other day. Got a ton of crap I sent back out, but also ended up with all the starts from this gen. Just a shame the grass starter, the one I wanted the most, has some japanese nickname :p.

·
WF's #1 Mox fan.
23,551 Posts
I haven't played Shield all week, cos I bought a bunch of games on Steam and I've spent all my time playing those instead. I'll go back to it next week haha :lol

·
EXCELSIOR!
16,112 Posts
My little sister surprised me with a copy of Shield today as an early Christmas gift, so I presume she's getting a bit impatient in regard to nabbing a Grookey to go with the Scorbunny she started with and the Sobble she gained via Wonder Trade. ?

·
EXCELSIOR!
16,112 Posts
Nabbed the Grass, Water and Fire Badges and caught a G-Max Butterfree yesterday, who wound up also being blessed with his Tinted Lens hidden ability. :whistle:

So yeah, Sword and Shield are thankfully turning out to be about as fun as I thought they'd be: they're better than D/P/Pt, on par with R/S/E/OR/AS, and below the rest of the core series. However, if I keep finding more cool things about them, I'll likely readjust its standing on my personal core series tier list.

Although the N64 trees are unfortunately real, they're thankfully limited to the Wild Area only and are, in my opinion, counterbalanced by the vibrant and lush forestry near Galar's towns. With that being said, my one indisputably negative critique of Sw/Sh so far is the Technical Record gimmick. After the Dexit fiasco, I'm not surprised that GF would do something so utterly retarded, but it's still a major 1-2 punch of annoying and disappointing regardless.

·
EXCELSIOR!
16,112 Posts
MFW when I catch a G-Max Mirror Armor Corviknight in a Heavy Ball out of sheer chance instead of active hunting:

She has a naughty nature, so I'm likely gonna send her off to my little sister so she can have a G-Max Poke for her team. So far, my team is:

Cinderace
Rillaboom
Inteleon
Boltund
Sirfetch'd

The last spot was going to Galarian Rapidash because of my desire to continue having a regional form on my team like in Sun and Ultra Sun. But after nonchalantly encountering not 1, but 2(!) G-Max Corviknight in the same day in different dens, I might change that up in favor of G-Max Corviknight, since Sirfetch'd technically fills the regional quota by being the evolved form of a regional variant.

·
EXCELSIOR!
16,112 Posts

DLC honestly should've been implemented as far as back as X/Y, especially considering how those games had post-game content that was infamously bare bones. That being said, the DLC looks solid and we can thank BASED Tani for doing God's work in not only overseeing it, but also being the unenviable one to start mopping up GF's reputation when it comes to their handling of Sw/Sh.

·
Premium Member
17,159 Posts
when is Pokemon Snap 2 coming out? I don't care about mega-lutions or Pokemon Go. I just want to throw apples at a Pikachu and take a picture of it.

9661 - 9680 of 9680 Posts