Wrestling Forum banner

61 - 80 of 9675 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,889 Posts
Kanto shouldn't give you too much trouble if you have a decent party of 5/6 even at those levels.
I can only use 4 good pokemon, 1 HM slave, and then I am breeding so I have an egg with me currently. It's stupid how all the trainers have level 45+ and all the pokemon are like 6 - 15 (where they would be if I had started red or blue).

·
Bring back Gary Oak!
4,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #62 (Edited)
I can only use 4 good pokemon, 1 HM slave, and then I am breeding so I have an egg with me currently. It's stupid how all the trainers have level 45+ and all the pokemon are like 6 - 15 (where they would be if I had started red or blue).
Even with 4 you shouldn't run into too many problems. The trainers have Lv 45-50 the whole way through so you'll eventually start walking through everyone quickly enough, especially since you've managed to beat Clair & Lance who are so much more difficult than anyone you are going to run into.

Edit: If you need to train, why not go back to Johto for a bit and train at Victory Road?

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
on fire red at moment just got near mt ember my team is:

charizard 55
dragonite 55
jolteon 53
gyardos 53
exeguttor 53
nidoking 53

my fav team ever, the secret to getting a good levelled team on the game is using that rematch gadget has helped me loads, have them at lvl 60 by the time i face elite 4

·
Banned
580 Posts
only work on Nintendo 3DS?

·
Premium Member
8,587 Posts
They're really milking the franchise like crazy. New starter Pokemon look like shit, the main character looks AWFUL just like in previous games like Black and White. The 3D aspect looks really cool, but I'd rather see a full 3D Pokemon adventure game for the Wii U, instead of the 3DS. Because as good as these handhelds can get, they'll never compare to what you could have on Console in terms of graphics and presentation. I love Pokemon, it's one of the biggest things in my childhood growing up, I loved the shit out of first couple of generation games for the handhelds (Red, Crystal, Emerald etc) and the early console games like Pokemon Stadium 2, but I just don't like the direction Pokemon's going in these days. Instead of getting a well produced new game every few years, like it used to be, we get a rushed new game within a year with poorly throughout new Pokemon and a underwhelming new Pokemon world and storyline. When Black and White came out, I didn't really care for the game, but I played it on a Emulator just to see what it was like, and it was ok, but I couldn't be asked to finish the storyline after the Elite Four. If anyone's on the fence about these new games like I am, I suggest you just download the game online and play it through and emulator, instead of wasting your money on a new 3DS.

on fire red at moment just got near mt ember my team is:

charizard 55
dragonite 55
jolteon 53
gyardos 53
exeguttor 53
nidoking 53

my fav team ever, the secret to getting a good levelled team on the game is using that rematch gadget has helped me loads, have them at lvl 60 by the time i face elite 4
Nice team. And it's the Vs. Seeker that you're referring to, loved used that thing to level up my Pokemon teams.

·
Bring back Gary Oak!
4,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
For now I think Nintendo are releasing a few Pokemon games on the 3DS with Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity being released on March 24th and then X&Y in October before really turning to the Consoles.. (There has been a Mystery Dungeon game on the Wii already.)

I loved the shit out of first couple of generation games for the handhelds (Red, Crystal, Emerald etc) and the early console games like Pokemon Stadium 2, but I just don't like the direction Pokemon's going in these days. Instead of getting a well produced new game every few years, like it used to be, we get a rushed new game within a year with poorly throughout new Pokemon and a underwhelming new Pokemon world and storyline.
The games are still fairly good to be honest, it's just the Pokemon that let them down. Black & White are great games, but Pokemon like Garbodor (Garbage Bag) and Vanilite (Ice-Cream) let it down and put it in a negative light in peoples eyes. On that note, the games are still pretty good, but the lack of ideas when it comes to Pokemon really hurts it in the end. ('Cause who gives a shit about a Pokemon game that has a good storyline when the Pokemon actually are Trash..)

·
Premium Member
16,889 Posts
black/white were the best pokemon games, period. They should have been since they were made years later. The pokemon might not have been as fun, but all the features and convenience is what I'm talking about.

and the scizor I just evolved is a fucking animal. It's one hitting everything (levels above it) with x-scissor.

·
Bring back Gary Oak!
4,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
black/white were the best pokemon games, period. They should have been since they were made years later. The pokemon might not have been as fun, but all the features and convenience is what I'm talking about.

and the scizor I just evolved is a fucking animal. It's one hitting everything (levels above it) with x-scissor.
Scizor is a monster.. I remember back when Diamond and Pearl fist came out, I played online a fair bit and nearly every team had one.. Bullet Punch with the Ability Technician.. So OP that it isn't even funny!

·
L’APPEL DU VIDE
5,452 Posts
The starter designs look much better than the last ones. The fire one especially.

I wish they would realize the most successful Pokemon designs are ones without too much shit going on. Charizard for example is just a basic dragon design. Squirtle looked like a turtle. Pidgeotto was a bird.

More shit like this

And less shit like this

·
Bring back Gary Oak!
4,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
The starter designs look much better than the last ones. The fire one especially.

I wish they would realize the most successful Pokemon designs are ones without too much shit going on. Charizard for example is just a basic dragon design. Squirtle looked like a turtle. Pidgeotto was a bird.

And less shit like this

Probopass - Yeah, I have to agree there.. But then again, that 'Tasche is fairly epic :D

Landorus, Thundurus and Tornadus were fine though.. They are based off of Kami in Japanese Mythology (Which Okami uses as its main area of Mythology funnily enough :D) so there is some decent meaning behind them which is a lot more than can be said for a lot of the other recent pokemon..

·
Premium Member
8,587 Posts
Best at what? The storyline was underwhelming, characters were bad (your friends/rivals Cheren and Bianca are the worst I've seen in ANY Pokemon game). The only interesting character in Black and White was N, but even then, he doesn't compare to the likes of Gary or Silver (the red headed rival from the gen 2 games) from previous games. The characters are all too nice and kid-friendly, there's no one really evil, and the characters that they try to portray as the bad guys (Team Plasma) are too fucking soft and lame. Give us back Team Rocket dammit! The majority of the Pokemon are awful, and I mean awful, when I was playing through the game there was a handful of Pokemon I liked, so when I made my team it wasn't the case of ''oh If I have these 6 Pokemon I won't be able to have this Pokemon''. Every other generation there was many Pokemon I liked, and I found it hard to make teams because there was many Pokemon I wanted in my team. When you say features and convenience I assume you're talking about online battles/trades right? Well I don't really use them, plus those features were in the gen 4 games and those were better games (particularly the Heart Gold/Soul Silver games). Those features aren't a part of the story though, and that's what I'm talking about, based on the story only, Black and White are probably the worst Pokemon games to date (haven't played Black and White 2 though).

Pokemon Crystal is the best Pokemon game of all the time.

You've only just realised?
No, but it seems kinda ridiculous now.

More shit like this

And less shit like this

THIS.

·
L’APPEL DU VIDE
5,452 Posts
Haha :D

This is what those three 'muscular old men with weird, blotchy skin' look like in B/W 2. (Therian Formes)

Edit; Pic was too big and Spoilers wouldn't work for some reason.. Here's a link though. http://www.gameoverviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Legendary-pokemo.png
Better, but still odd. lol

Wasn't there a Pokemon in one of the games that was pretty much just made up of garbage? That's when you know they've run out of ideas...
"Garbodor"

·
Premium Member
16,889 Posts
@Daiko,

current team is:
sunflora
Crobat
Scizor
Entei
Ursurang
Lugia
(the last 3 are swithced around to include an HM slave and egg) all level 45+ right now. Just getting Scizor from Scyther has helped a shit ton. (this is in Soul silver just so you know). I destroyed Lt. Surge with Earthquake, destroyed celdon city (grass lady). and I can't find misty???

·
Premium Member
8,587 Posts
Wasn't there a Pokemon in one of the games that was pretty much just made up of garbage? That's when you know they've run out of ideas...
Garbodor:

Terrible Pokemon, like a lot of Pokemon that came in Gen 5. And yes Muk is better than this any day. Curious to see what the new Pokemon will be like, but the starters already look bad so that's not a good start. If they didn't try to rush a new Pokemon game out each year, and actually took their time with their games like they used to, then maybe the designs of some of these new Pokemon wouldn't be so bad.

61 - 80 of 9675 Posts