Wrestling Forum banner

1561 - 1571 of 1571 Posts

·
wrap
9,027 Posts
Cole does work hard to get people to hate him in ROH. You should see him in PWG, it's a bit harder for him because he has the very popular "Suck my dick" catchphrase. Yes, the crowd chants "Suck his dick" with a certain passion.
Not a regular PWG viewer by any means (only watched BOLA from this year but might try to watch more soon) but I noticed he did get some solid heat there. Crowd was mixed for Bucks/Cole matches but I'd say they cheered the faces and booed the heels more than ROH fans do. At least when it comes to Adam Cole.

Which is funny because in ROH he gets cheered after superkicking Jay Briscoe's dad and at BOLA he got some decent heat for run of the mill heel antics in the ring.

I agree but smarks gonna smark. They were cherring the booking more than they cheered Owens because it was unique. Sami's devastation was booked extremely well especially with both how strong Owens looked as well as not completely because Sami may have been injured. Excellent stuff, I probably would've cheered too ... but not Owens. Just how he won.
I like the way it was booked but I'm p. sure it was just the section of fans chanting Fight Owens Fight throughout the match rejoicing over his victory. Some fans were crying which is an example of great heel work on Owens' part. That said, the cheering seemed out of place. Seemed like something which should cause shock among the fans as well as lots of booing and sympathy for their fighting champ (who just lost the title in his first PPV defense after chasing it for so long). Instead you've got fans cheering while Sami gets dismantled.

It's not a big deal but it's just something that sort of annoys me.

·
Premium Member
8,251 Posts
Heartfelt interview with Sasha...

This shows why NXT wrestlers are so talented, they still got passion for the craft.

I legit bawled out to this. So great to see stuff like this. Makes me love Sasha even more.

NXT Rival was pretty damn great. Will do a full review later.

·
Banned
640 Posts
Not a regular PWG viewer by any means (only watched BOLA from this year but might try to watch more soon) but I noticed he did get some solid heat there. Crowd was mixed for Bucks/Cole matches but I'd say they cheered the faces and booed the heels more than ROH fans do. At least when it comes to Adam Cole.
Cole is a great talker but god he is just so tiny. He has no chance when he looks like a midget against guys who are in themselves small. I was watching ROH ippv's the other night and saw him walking to the ring in suit and tie looking like he was 3 feet tall.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Maybe the headbump on the ramp is the reasoning and I can buy that though.
To be honest, I was legitimately worried that Sami had a major concussion when that ramp spot happened. He sold it incredibly well.

The wooziness, falling down when he went for the HELLUVA Kick, etc. He looked like a football player that was fine one moment, took a head shot, and then could barely hold his balance.

I didn't get the feeling that Owens mauled Sami at all ... definitely not the feeling I got from the Lesnar/Cena suplex-fest. I thought Owens beat up on Sami, Sami fought back, took control of the match, and then got a concussion (real or kayfabe, that was obviously the story Sami was telling) when his head hit the ramp. Even then Sami was still in control, but the injury made it impossible for him to finish the kicks and take full command. And then Owens mauled a guy that was clearly out on his feet -- and unconscious from an impact caused by his own offense.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Do you think in some weird way that WWE is trying to create its own competition with NXT VS Main Roster?
There is no excuse for Raw and how mediocre it is.

1561 - 1571 of 1571 Posts