Wrestling Forum banner

Official NXT Takeover: In Your House Discussion Thread

12K views 314 replies 51 participants last post by  M1M2M3M4M5M6M7M8 
#1 ·

NXT Championship Backlot Brawl: Adam Cole (c) vs The Velveteen Dream​

NXT Women's Championship: Charlotte Flair (c) vs Rhea Ripley vs Io Shirai (Triple Threat)​

Tommaso Ciampa vs Karrion Kross with Scarlett

NXT North American Championship: Keith Lee (c) vs Johnny Gargano

Finn Bálor vs Damien Priest

Mia Yim, Tegan Nox & Shotzi Blackheart vs Candice LeRae, Dakota Kai & Ráquel Gonzalez

See less See more
#2 ·
Should be a really good show.

The closer we get to the show, the more I think Dream might win the title, though I’ll still pick Cole.

The 3 way should be great but I can’t see Charlotte dropping the title so soon.

Lee vs. Gargano should be great. Finally, a different kind of opponent for Lee. I’ll pick Lee to retain.

Kross needs to beat Ciampa. They can have a street fight later on.

Not super into Balor vs. Priest but it should still be good.

#5 ·
I don't see Cole losing regardless of his reported contract situation. Putting the title on Dream would be a bad move.

Charlotte being champion, we knew was because we thought Rhea would be gone for a while with her visa problem. That obviously hasn't happened, and she returned a few weeks ago. This is going to be a really interesting match for me. I'm not sure they should put the title back on Rhea just yet, whilst Io is deserving of being NXT Women's Champion but she's been booked badly.

Since there's talk of potentially calling up Io to Raw or SD, I don't think they'll put the title on her. But I bet she'll take the pinfall and Charlotte retains.

Gargano vs Lee, I don't think they'll do the title change just yet. I can possibly see Lee getting DQ'ed and maybe then setting a rematch with No DQ, so Gargano can make sure Lee doesn't get himself disqualified and keep the title.

Kross should be beating Ciampa hands down. If he doesn't it'll be a crime.

Bálor I don't see losing to Priest. But I do see this continuing after Takeover, as they need to keep Finn occupied in a feud until WALTER is able to travel abroad again.

Mia/Shotzi/Tegan vs Dakota/Raquel/Candice, I think Dakota's team will win, probably with Candice pinning Mia.

#7 ·
I hope Cole doesn't lose, the teen situation has hurt Dream but not only that but his whole character has been meh since quarantine started he's lost a lot of his it factor.

It's funny though, from what I saw on the internet some wanted Cole to lose the title earlier this year and now that his reign seems legit in jeopardy they want him to retain.

#9 ·
Really like this card mainly because all the matches (except Kross/Ciampa) could really go either way

Feel like it's time for Cole to lose the belt mainly because I'm not sure what he does next if he retains. I'm a Dream mark as well and think a run with the belt could do wonders for him

#10 ·
I'm really not looking forward to yet another fucking backstage brawl, we've seen so many in the recent months, i never like those matches, and it'll be dumb to have Cole after a year long reign finally lose the belt in a brawl surrounded by trash cans in a parking lot. Aint no way Cole loses, if he does they're outta their minds, Balor should take the belt at the next Takeover after defeating Priest, then you can eventually build to Kross vs Balor and put the belt on Kross after he's had a couple more feuds under his belt.

#13 ·
I'm looking forward to Kross/Ciampa & Charlotte/Rhea/Io the most. I hope Cole retains the title though, to reign so long and then lose in parking lot...i don't want to see that.

#15 ·
i feel like if kross underperforms it will severely negatively impact his push. i dont know if he is good for a longer match particularly when he is being compared to ciampa so maybe it should be short and hard-hitting.

#17 ·
Prediction Time:

*Cole vs. Dream: As we get closer to the show, and I don't know why, but I've just had this feeling Dream could beat Cole. Now, maybe that had something to do with talks of Cole's contract coming up. But now you hear from other people that he already re-signed awhile ago and his contract isn't coming up. That coupled with the allegations still hanging over Dream's head, unless WWE knows something the general pubic doesn't, I'll pick Cole to win.

I do wonder what kind of match this will be. Knowing Cole, I expect him to take some stupid crazy bump on a car or two.

Winner: Cole

*Io vs. Rhea vs. Charlotte: I've seen a lot of people on other sites pick Io to win this match and honestly it feels like they're picking with heart over head in most situations. I'd love to see it and I hope it happens, but Charlotte has been champion only for 2 months. I just can't see her dropping the title here. So whether clean or dirty, I'm picking Charlotte. No matter the winner though, I expect a great match from these 3 women.

Winner: Charlotte

Lee vs. Gargano: You know, originally I was expecting Lee to retain. But then I got to thinking, if Dream loses to Cole, Cole will need a new challenger. And there's no one better for that role than Lee. So with that in mind, I guess I'll go with Gargano to win through nefarious means. Lee works great with smaller guys and I've loved Gargano in this new heel role so I expect something good here.

Winner: Gargano

Kross vs. Ciampa: Kross has to win, so this should be obvious. If I'm booking this, to make Kross look as strong as possible, I'd almost make this a semi squash like Brock vs. Cena from 2014. Have him look as strong as possible against a former NXT Champion and one of the faces of NXT for years.

Then after that, you can do a street fight on the next Takeove that's more even, but Kross still wins.

Winner: Kross

Balor vs. Priest: Not sure how to feel about this one. Balor was killing it as a heel but now it seems like he's transiting back into more of a face role. And while I like Priest, him being Balor's mystery attacker wasn't the most exciting person to go with. And they really downplayed this angle the last couple of weeks.

So, I'm not super excited for this one, but I expect a solid match here. And it's a tough match to predict. Balor to me is a guy who should be very protected. But at the same time, Priest losing another big match ain't great for him either. So, in this situation I'll pick Priest.

Winner: Priest

Shotzi, Mia, Tegan vs. Dakota, Gonzalez, Candice: This should be a match for the heels to win. I expect some fun action, I just hope Shotzi doesn't kill herself on a big dive.

Winners: Dakota, Gonzalez, Candice

#18 ·
Since they're grooming Balor for another face run, hopefully he makes quick work of Punishment Martinez (never liked him or his work), and challenges and defeats Cole for the belt at TakeOver: Boston. I think it would be a feel-good moment having the former face of development recapture the gold again. The heel-babyface dynamic would work more organically than if Balor hadn't turned and the fact Cole has surpassed Balor's reign would definitely add some drama to their match.

#19 ·
Cole hopefully won't be losing here, even though I was hoping he'd lose the title in his last 2 matches. Ending a record reign in a brawl match would be so anticlimax. Cole vs Balor is last big match for Cole in NXT so them in Loser leaves NXT could be built perfectly for Summer NXT Takeover (now not in Boston).

As for this takeover, won't mind Johnny winning and don't mind any result in the Women's title as all 3 can have good reigns. Johnny winning enables a rematch at next takeover and then allow Lee to move to either Raw or Smackdown post Takeover. If Rhea or Io are called up soon, as either raw or Smackdown does need fresh faces, then Charlotte retaining would be better otherwise could be another rematch at next takeover with either vs Rhea or Io.

Kross has to win here and Ciampa can then rest for a few months.

#23 ·
Ive never seen a Takeover live, tonight will be the first time. Hoping for a great show. Kross came in too hot to not look good tonight, hopefully he delivers in the ring with Ciampa who’s sure to make him look as good as possible. Charlotte wins. Io is probably gonna take the pin which is bullshit. Kieth Lee wins. Bálor wins. And Velveteen Dream wins I think. I don’t watch NXT weekly so these are bold predictions based on nothing lol.

#25 ·
While this is true, If Lee loses then wrestling/sports logic says that he should drop down the card, not be rewarded with a NXT title program. But clearly this is WWE logic and losing gets you farther than winning now. Examples being Lashley, Seth Rollins, Miz and Morrison and Nia Jax who are losers or have been losing for a while and still getting title shots while people like Liv Morgan, Kevin Owens (before Garza), etc who have been winning go to the back of the line.

#28 ·
My official predictions are Cole, Io, Kross, Finn, Gargano & Dakota/Gonzales/Candice.

#32 ·
I'd prefer to have Cole/Balor next rather than Cole/Lee...if Cole actually retains.

#33 ·
By the high standards established by these shows this is a pretty middling card, but I'm looking forward to most of it.

The three mens singles matches look like they could be pretty good, Gargano-Lee especially, and i have to say I am pretty into that womens tag match as I'm feeling Shotzi, Candice and Dakota a lot.

The NXT title match sounds horrible to me, i am very burnt out on the whole cinematic match thing, certainly the one on one types just do not work for me, but then I guess it is the best way to hide Dream's deficiencies.

The womens title match could be good, but the fact that Io is probably just there to take the fall makes me so fucking sad. What a god damn waste.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.